Everything right, everything wrong

G

Well, I'm new around here, but I was reading some topics around here and people are saying they're worried about they're cpu's cuz they are getting temps like 50 or 55 Celsius... What I have to say is, you don't really know what's to be worried, you gotta see my face, my cpu's always working at 80 or 81 Celsius (that's what my mobo says) even with it's a cold day, when the air temperature goes under 20 Celsius. I'm desperatly looking for help, I gotta solve this. I think this temperatures shouldn't be like this cuz I have an Athlon 1200 with one case fan and the cpu's fan, wich is a Cooler Master DP5-6H11, and as I was reading those coolers reviews made here in THG I saw that this cooler's average temp is 45 to 50... I think the big problem is with the voltage of the cpu, my mobo which is a BIOSTAR M7VKS tell's me through it's core that the cpu voltage it set to 1.84 v, I've already emailed Biostar and they told me it's not possible to change the voltage, but I think there's a way.
I'm asking please someone help me, I'm desperate.

Best Regards... Calypso

Flyboy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Did you install the CPU/heatsink yourself? Or did you get a pre-built system?

I think the Athlon 1200 is supposed to be using 1.75 volts, but I'm not positive. I'd check on this first because if the voltage is correct, then you need to check your heatsink/fan combo and make sure it's installed correctly.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Flyboy on 01/26/02 09:18 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

yes... I forgot to mention that the voltage for the athlon is 1.75 volts

and no, I bought a pre-built system, and I think the heatsink's correct

svol

Champion
You can reinstall your heatsink with some Arctic Silver instead of the standard thermal pad, but then a temp of 80 C is very high even for a standard heatsink.
How do you watch your temps, in the BIOS or with some app., because I don't think this are correct readings.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

Flyboy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
This is a really crude way to check and see if the temps are accurate..but have you tried the "finger burn test"? If it feels warm but not too hot to the touch then your fine. But if it's hot to the touch then 80 degrees is probably accurate. (touch the heatsink)

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Flyboy on 01/27/02 05:08 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

knowan

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
The Athlon 1200 should have a voltage set to 1.75, not 1.84. Your voltage is way too high. Does anyone know how to lower the voltage on his BIOSTAR M7VKS?

--------------
Knowan likes you. Knowan is your friend. Knowan thinks you're great.