Print Spooler always running 100%

I have XP/SP2 Home ed. with an Epson 780 inkjet. When I tried to connect a
new laptop (Same OS) to the wireless network to share the printer, the
spooler now runs 95+% of the CPU.

I've attempted to uninstall all print drivers and epson monitors, the print
service continues to hog the CPU. Any thoughts??

Uninstall and reinstall corrrectly...

www.coribright.com

"RI_Updates" <RIUpdates@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have XP/SP2 Home ed. with an Epson 780 inkjet. When I tried to connect a
> new laptop (Same OS) to the wireless network to share the printer, the
> spooler now runs 95+% of the CPU.
>
> I've attempted to uninstall all print drivers and epson monitors, the
> print
> service continues to hog the CPU. Any thoughts??

Hi,

I would advise a manaul removal of the printers from the registry. Please
see steps below:

Steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit and click OK.
2. Delete all the contents of the following registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\WindowsNT x86\Drivers\Version-2
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\WindowsNT x86\Drivers\Version-3
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers

3. Check the following registry key for third-party monitors. Remove any
non-default monitors:

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors

ï?¶ The default port monitors are:

AppleTalk Printing Devices (When Services for Macintosh is installed)
BJ Language Monitor
Local Port
PJL Language Monitor
Standard TCP/IP Port
USB Monitor
Windows NT Fax Monitor

4. Check the following registry key for third-party print providers. Remove
any non-default print providers:

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Providers

ï?¶ The default print providers are:

Internet Print Provider
LanMan Print Provider

5. Delete the printer driver files:

• Delete all drivers from the
%SystemRoot%\System32\Spool\Drivers\W32x86 folder.

6. Restart Windows.
7. Re-install the printer drivers.
8. Test to see if you are able to print.

Regards,