Lose Group Discount If I Switch Plans?

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

Hi, my wife and I have been with Verizon wireless for ~ 7 yrs on a
group discount plan through our company (we get $10 off per mo per
line). My wife has started using a lot more minutes than allowed by the
plan most months, and it's costing us $0.49/min extra. I'd like to
switch us to an AC family share plan, but here's the catch - our
company no longer has a group agreement with Verizon, they've switched
over to Cingular. We're still grandfathered on our group rate
currently. If I try to switch us to an AC share plan, is there any
chance we can still keep the group discount? If not, I'll have to
consider going with Cingular even though it will mean switching phones
and probably losing coverage area. Any ideas? Thanks,

Jon wrote:
> Hi, my wife and I have been with Verizon wireless for ~ 7
> yrs on a group discount plan through our company (we get
> $10 off per mo per line). My wife has started using a lot
> more minutes than allowed by the plan most months, and
> it's costing us $0.49/min extra. I'd like to switch us to
> an AC family share plan, but here's the catch - our
> company no longer has a group agreement with Verizon,
> they've switched over to Cingular. We're still
> grandfathered on our group rate currently. If I try to
> switch us to an AC share plan, is there any chance we can
> still keep the group discount? If not, I'll have to
> consider going with Cingular even though it will mean
> switching phones and probably losing coverage area. Any
> ideas? Thanks,

Call and ask. My situation is a bit different and may not
apply but it's similar. I have a corporate discount. Some
time after I got it VZW changed the discount for my
company to a lesser percentage. I have changed plans
since then (twice) and retained the larger percent discount.

-Quick

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Yov shovld be able to do it. Call and ask for bvsiness accovnts (they
handle the grovp plans) and they shovld be able to help yov. FWIW, my vnion
cancelled their grovp plan with VZW abovt eight years ago ($9 discovnt per
line). I have switched plans many times over the years and have always
retained the discovnt. The trick is, yov have to ask to keep the discovnt
when yov make the change.

What's really nice is that they even extended the discovnt to additional
lines on my AC Family Share accovnt. As a resvlt, I have three lines
sharing 500 minvtes for a total of $52.99 per month.