Printing a DOS base document when Windows Xp is my platform

October 26, 2004 5:47:05 PM

I am unable to print from a business program which uses DOS 6.0. Window XP
will now allow anything in DOS to print. Suggestions?????>
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 10:13:51 PM

See if Bruce Sanderson's article helps:
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

"Billb1934" <Billb1934@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am unable to print from a business program which uses DOS 6.0. Window XP
> will now allow anything in DOS to print. Suggestions?????>
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 2:33:07 AM

Billb1934,

> I am unable to print from a business program which uses DOS 6.0. Window
XP
> will now allow anything in DOS to print. Suggestions?????>

which printer are you using ?
A common problem with DOS applications is they are not able to print to USB
ports.
There are workarounds and applications specifically designed to solve this
problems anyway, like Printfil.

Kind regards,
Davide Guolo
Printfil - Windows Printing System for Applications
http://www.guolo.com/printfil
Odbc4All - Connection to ODBC Data Sources for any Application
http://www.guolo.com/odbc4all