Sign in with
Your question

Crysis 2 Crashing

Last response: in Video Games
July 22, 2012 8:34:50 PM

A played for 6 hours straight the night I purchased Crysis 2 on Steam and did not have any problems (aside from what I believe to be subpar performance) and it was odd that the next day the game decides to become unstable and start crashing on me. It would crash about once an hour until I reached level 18, Out of Ashes, where it would crash at the same spot each time, a balcony. I disabled high res textures and DX11 and was able to pass the part and then turned the features back on and finished the game. I started over with a higher difficulty and the game crashed before the beggining cinematics were over, just as I left the submarine. I haven't tried the game to see if it crashes agian at that spot but I will today.
I have the latest non beta drivers and the game is patched. I tried rolling back the video card drivers but that was to no avail. I noticed that the artifacts that appear when the game crashes are the same ones that appear when LA Noire crashes and I am worried it may be more than just the games acting up, maybe my video cards are dying? I tried the other game I bought on sale, Space Marine, and it has not crashed at all (but suffers from random slowdown which is fixed by looking up and then back down). I should probably start testing some other system intensive games just to make sure. Any help is greatly appreciated!

More about : crysis crashing

July 22, 2012 8:43:27 PM

Have you tried disabling sli to see if it still crashes at the same point ?

Your system is very powerfull which makes me think sli problem.
m
l
July 23, 2012 1:21:25 AM

Yah I tried that, It still crashes and takes a performance hit aswell. I played agian today and went 30 minutes in the first level and crashed. It is odd that it went 6 hours the first day and now it is highly unstable. Do you think Rain Meter could be interfering? I tried disabling it to fix the crashing later in the game and it didn't work but maybe it will help the begining. Hrm.
m
l
!