Slot 1 BX chipset article

fishbyer

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2002
I just read the article about covering a pin on the bottom of Slot 1 cards in order to get a FSB of 100MHz on all BX chipset motherboards.

I want to know if the blocking off of B21 will work for a PII 500 (old style, ie not coppermine) and a P2B (ver1.02) motherboard. I know that you all recommend that these chips only run at 83MHz FSB maximum with stability, has this changed things?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
There was no PII 500, if it's a PIII 500 you're already running a 100MHz FSB processor. If it's only running at 66MHz FSB, you need to CHANGE THE JUMPERS on your motherboard, READ THE MANUAL! You should be able to overclock it to 560MHz by raising the bus speed to 112MHz. How do you do that? READ THE MANUAL!

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

fishbyer

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2002
I read the manual, and the computer isn't even running yet.

I read in an article that my type of processor (Not PII Celeron 500 non coppermine) has only reliably been clocked at 72 FSB, I wonder if the Slot card adjustment will make higher settings more stable, but probably not.

Thanks for you cheery reply!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The one that television studios were using that beemed messages into the head of the man who assulted Dan Rather. As for your CPU, at 75MHz FSB it will run 562.5MHz

What's the frequency, Kenneth?