  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 6, 2005 9:17:52 PM

Well...as expected, there's plenty of buffage. Some more
opportunities for groupage under 65, though not as many
as before EQ2 and WoW. But, if I want to get something
done with one of my main stable of characters, I can.
Mostly I've been working on Celune. Lower Guk was
actually fun at 46; undead falling fast to nukes, KEI keeping
me down there for long periods, armor configured for tanking
giving Celune survivability against three or four at once.
Now, however, it's likely the Planes for her, unless there are
groups in Karnor's these days.
I don't want to spend much time on Grukyn, but something
about the ease of playing a beastlord just keeps drawing me
back. Now that he's 38, I just have to push for 39 and see
what new DPS the next pet brings.
On Drinal, Cadwen has gotten his starter funds from some
high quality pelts; at least SOE had the good sense to raise
the drop rates on these. Now Cadwen can afford all his spells,
if he can find them, and go straight to the next spell level.
I do worry about the lack of skillups to melee skills. By 15,
Cadwen should have had Piercing up to 50, but it lags around
30. If it's like this for melee classes, this could be game-breaking.
SOE had better fix it fast of there will be no new melees made
to replace retiring ones, and the high end content will slowly
become undoable.
Invictvs is haveing trouble getting elemental god spawns.
We want to do Xegony, to finally get her dead and most of us
Time flagged, but other guilds have the jump on us; we may end
up on-call and ready to race for a spawn for a while. Possibly
exciting times...

EJH

On Bertoxxulous:
[70 Wizard] Adastraea Starwind (High Elf) of Erollisi Marr
[61 Druid] Rabotev Startree (Wood Elf) of Tunare
[43 Warrior] Gruggoredil Dullwit (Barbarian) of Rallos Zek
[46 Monk] Tosev Starfist (human) of Quellious
[46 Shadow Knight] Neuveniu Sinstorm (Dark Elf) of Innoruuk
[38 Enchanter] Nuneveiu Arworthi (Dark Elf)
[47 Cleric] Celune (High Elf) of Tunare
[38 Beastlord] Grukyn (Vah Shir)

On Drinal:
[24 Bard] Greban (Vah Shir)
[15 Magician] Cadwen (High Elf)

On Firiona Vie:
[32 Cleric] Adastra Peraspera (High Elf) of Tunare

On Quellious:
[14 Wizard] Phrogment (Froglok) of Mithaniel Marr

More about : bertox

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 7, 2005 1:09:21 AM

"Eric J. Hawman" <ejhawman@ameritech.net> writes:
> I do worry about the lack of skillups to melee skills. By 15,
> Cadwen should have had Piercing up to 50, but it lags around
> 30. If it's like this for melee classes, this could be game-breaking.
> SOE had better fix it fast of there will be no new melees made
> to replace retiring ones, and the high end content will slowly
> become undoable.

There've been lots of reports of continuing problems with low-end
skillups, in melee skills and also tradeskills. I wish SOE would
acknowledge that there's still a bug here and that they're working
on it. I've had to give up any hope of advancing my mid-level
tradeskills for now. (Last night I tried 100 pottery skillups at
174 using a triv 188, and got zero skillups. My last several
tradeskill sessions have been, well, obviously not as bad as that,
but pretty darned bad.)

My baby SK is also seeing very few skillups in Meditation, not to
mention he's done a full level using mostly Piercing, and gotten
only a handful of skillups (currently up to 24, and I think 10 of
those were using training points).

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 54 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 51 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- Teviron, Knight 15 on E. Marr
!