Change to Card Plan

Last response: in Network Providers
March 11, 2005 4:39:26 PM

From Bones46@webtv.net
Ihave had my Verizon cell phone for a few years and hardly ever use it.
Im not the kind of person that has to talk on the phone all the time. I
have a plan that gives me 50 free weekday minutes and 500 free weekend
minutes all per month. I use the phone probably two or three times a
month. This contract expires April 13 and I have decided to go with the
phone card plan. That means no monthly bill of almost $30 which is made
up of taxes and fees. Has anybody done this and and tell me the pros and
cons of this? Thanks, Bob

http://community.webtv.net/bones46/BobSeifertsWebPage0

http://community-2.webtv.net/bones46/BobSeifertsWebPage...

More about : change card plan

March 11, 2005 4:39:27 PM

It sounds as if prepaid is perfect for your usage. Most specifically, a
provider that doesn't demand constant recharging and/or use.

I had my parents on a Verizon plan for a couple years, knowing that it
was expensive per minute, but wanting them to have the safety/security
when on the road. They have used between 10 and 45 minutes a month.

Just switched them to Beyond Wireless (www.gobeyondwireless.com). $100
and an old ATTWS TDMA phone got them 1,035 minutes which never expire,
as long as they make at least one call every 60 days. Although the TDMA
network isn't the priority for Cingular, it is still excellent in most
areas.

Now, instead of $30 a month, their usage will run between $1.00 and
$5.00 per month and give them the same convenience and security as
before.

The only drawback for some is Beyond Wireless' limitation in local
numbers to a few states. Doesn't matter for calling out, since there is
no charge for long distance. Otherwise, if you are in the Cingular Blue
TDMA footprint, it's a great deal and sound as if it would be perfect
for you. (Usage outside the Cingular Blue area is charged at 4x per
minute.) There are other Cingular Blue resellers that have more local
availability if that's important to you, but their restrictions and
costs are higher.

My suggestion is to sign up to a prepaid service while you still have
your grandfathered account to ensure you are happy with the new
service.

Good luck.
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 4:39:27 PM

"kroger Bobb" <bones46@webtv.net> wrote in message
> From Bones46@webtv.net
> Ihave had my Verizon cell phone for a few years and hardly ever use it.
> Im not the kind of person that has to talk on the phone all the time. I
> have a plan that gives me 50 free weekday minutes and 500 free weekend
> minutes all per month. I use the phone probably two or three times a
> month. This contract expires April 13 and I have decided to go with the
> phone card plan. That means no monthly bill of almost $30 which is made
> up of taxes and fees. Has anybody done this and and tell me the pros and
> cons of this? Thanks, Bob

I used my cell phone mainly for LD calling, but a short time ago I was able
to add unlimited LD to my landline for only $5/mo. As a result, my cell
usage has become very light and find myself in the same boat as you.

I'd like to keep Verizon, but they don't want users like us... not even on a
prepaid plan. The least expensive prepaid plan currently being offered from
Verizon will cost $0.99 PER DAY *plus* $0.10 per minute. Hardly a value
plan!
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 4:39:28 PM

<617@volcanomail.com> wrote in message
> It sounds as if prepaid is perfect for your usage. Most specifically, a
> provider that doesn't demand constant recharging and/or use.
>
> I had my parents on a Verizon plan for a couple years, knowing that it
> was expensive per minute, but wanting them to have the safety/security
> when on the road. They have used between 10 and 45 minutes a month.
>
> Just switched them to Beyond Wireless (www.gobeyondwireless.com). $100
> and an old ATTWS TDMA phone got them 1,035 minutes which never expire,
> as long as they make at least one call every 60 days. Although the TDMA
> network isn't the priority for Cingular, it is still excellent in most
> areas.
---snip---snip---snip---

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Looks like this may be a 99% fit for my
needs and usage. For that 1% that doesn't fit, I'll just deal with it the
same way I did before having a cell phone!
!