Small Business FireWall

Can anyone give me some recommendations for a firewall appliance for a
small business of 25 - 50 people? The following are some of the thing i
think I need:

1 Cost would be less than $2000
2 Firewall protection from the bad guys
3 Provide VPN access
4 Relatively easy setup and maintenance (predefined rules)
5 AntiVirus functionality

I'm looking to replace an old Gauntlet firewall running on BSD. Any
help would be much appreciated.

Al
4 answers Last reply
More about small business firewall

    "Al Cruz" <alphonzo_cruzband@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone give me some recommendations for a firewall appliance for a
    > small business of 25 - 50 people? The following are some of the thing i
    > think I need:
    >
    > 1 Cost would be less than $2000
    > 2 Firewall protection from the bad guys
    > 3 Provide VPN access
    > 4 Relatively easy setup and maintenance (predefined rules)
    > 5 AntiVirus functionality
    >
    > I'm looking to replace an old Gauntlet firewall running on BSD. Any
    > help would be much appreciated.
    >
    > Al

    WatchGuard Firebox 700

    http://www.cdw.com/shop/search/Results.aspx?key=watchguard&x=39&platform=all&y=3

    SnapGear

    http://www.cyberguard.com/solutions/product_fs.cfm

    Duane :)

    And why not ISS Proventia M Serie??

    www.iss.net/products_services/enterprise_protection/proventia/m_series.php

    Its is brand new from the best security provider I've ever worked
    with. Easy, everything could be done through a web interface (ie,
    better that CP and WatchGuard standard on itself)

    MAX

    In article <407cbbcb$0$49463$a04e5680@nnrp.fuse.net>,
    alphonzo_cruzband@yahoo.com says...
    > Can anyone give me some recommendations for a firewall appliance for a
    > small business of 25 - 50 people? The following are some of the thing i
    > think I need:
    >
    > 1 Cost would be less than $2000
    > 2 Firewall protection from the bad guys
    > 3 Provide VPN access
    > 4 Relatively easy setup and maintenance (predefined rules)
    > 5 AntiVirus functionality
    >
    > I'm looking to replace an old Gauntlet firewall running on BSD. Any
    > help would be much appreciated.

    Firebox 700 series does all of that - works with AV software, but has
    the ability to remove attachments from SMTP using a list. Our clients
    never had to really rely on the AV software since the firewall stripped
    the virus infected files out of email before it got into the network.

    spamfree999@rrohio.com
    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    "Leythos" <void@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > In article <407cbbcb$0$49463$a04e5680@nnrp.fuse.net>,
    > alphonzo_cruzband@yahoo.com says...
    > > Can anyone give me some recommendations for a firewall appliance for a
    > > small business of 25 - 50 people? The following are some of the thing i
    > > think I need:
    > >
    > > 1 Cost would be less than $2000
    > > 2 Firewall protection from the bad guys
    > > 3 Provide VPN access
    > > 4 Relatively easy setup and maintenance (predefined rules)
    > > 5 AntiVirus functionality
    > >
    > > I'm looking to replace an old Gauntlet firewall running on BSD. Any
    > > help would be much appreciated.
    >
    > Firebox 700 series does all of that - works with AV software, but has
    > the ability to remove attachments from SMTP using a list. Our clients
    > never had to really rely on the AV software since the firewall stripped
    > the virus infected files out of email before it got into the network.

    Yeah that box is nice for the price.

Firewalls Security Networking Product