  • Product
Last response: in Networking
a b 8 Security
April 14, 2004 4:19:25 AM

Can anyone give me some recommendations for a firewall appliance for a
small business of 25 - 50 people? The following are some of the thing i
think I need:

1 Cost would be less than $2000
2 Firewall protection from the bad guys
3 Provide VPN access
4 Relatively easy setup and maintenance (predefined rules)
5 AntiVirus functionality

I'm looking to replace an old Gauntlet firewall running on BSD. Any
help would be much appreciated.

Al

More about : small business firewall

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
April 14, 2004 8:40:09 AM

"Al Cruz" <alphonzo_cruzband@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone give me some recommendations for a firewall appliance for a
> small business of 25 - 50 people? The following are some of the thing i
> think I need:
>
> 1 Cost would be less than $2000
> 2 Firewall protection from the bad guys
> 3 Provide VPN access
> 4 Relatively easy setup and maintenance (predefined rules)
> 5 AntiVirus functionality
>
> I'm looking to replace an old Gauntlet firewall running on BSD. Any
> help would be much appreciated.
>
> Al

WatchGuard Firebox 700

http://www.cdw.com/shop/search/Results.aspx?key=watchgu...

SnapGear

http://www.cyberguard.com/solutions/product_fs.cfm

Duane :)
April 14, 2004 9:26:19 AM

And why not ISS Proventia M Serie??

www.iss.net/products_services/enterprise_protection/pro...

Its is brand new from the best security provider I've ever worked
with. Easy, everything could be done through a web interface (ie,
better that CP and WatchGuard standard on itself)

MAX
a b 8 Security
April 14, 2004 4:50:11 PM

In article <407cbbcb$0$49463$a04e5680@nnrp.fuse.net>,
alphonzo_cruzband@yahoo.com says...
> Can anyone give me some recommendations for a firewall appliance for a
> small business of 25 - 50 people? The following are some of the thing i
> think I need:
>
> 1 Cost would be less than $2000
> 2 Firewall protection from the bad guys
> 3 Provide VPN access
> 4 Relatively easy setup and maintenance (predefined rules)
> 5 AntiVirus functionality
>
> I'm looking to replace an old Gauntlet firewall running on BSD. Any
> help would be much appreciated.

Firebox 700 series does all of that - works with AV software, but has
the ability to remove attachments from SMTP using a list. Our clients
never had to really rely on the AV software since the firewall stripped
the virus infected files out of email before it got into the network.

spamfree999@rrohio.com
(Remove 999 to reply to me)
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
April 15, 2004 12:05:06 AM

"Leythos" <void@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> In article <407cbbcb$0$49463$a04e5680@nnrp.fuse.net>,
> alphonzo_cruzband@yahoo.com says...
> > Can anyone give me some recommendations for a firewall appliance for a
> > small business of 25 - 50 people? The following are some of the thing i
> > think I need:
> >
> > 1 Cost would be less than $2000
> > 2 Firewall protection from the bad guys
> > 3 Provide VPN access
> > 4 Relatively easy setup and maintenance (predefined rules)
> > 5 AntiVirus functionality
> >
> > I'm looking to replace an old Gauntlet firewall running on BSD. Any
> > help would be much appreciated.
>
> Firebox 700 series does all of that - works with AV software, but has
> the ability to remove attachments from SMTP using a list. Our clients
> never had to really rely on the AV software since the firewall stripped
> the virus infected files out of email before it got into the network.

Yeah that box is nice for the price.
!