PCs to Get PlayStion Move via 'Move Server'

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
dont it haw eny tumb stick and if so why? the only reason i culd think of is a mmorpg for this 1 for possible your sword and 1 for your shield so u can def stuff thats not infront of you and attack however you like. witch dosent mather cus there is no tumb stick so you cant move.

CoffeeDrinker

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
Ok seriously, Elcentral, please speak proper English, is it so hard to type in full, and not like you are on a IM service. it will also make alot more sense when typing in full!!!! If you cant, then i think you need to quit gaming.

casperstouch

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
I have one, and it is so much fun. I get so much exercise with the Sword fighting in Champions. I think that if it moved to PC and I could use my FPS games with it I'd be happy. :) I'm all for inter connectivity.

G

and the funny thing is there is nothing preventing you from pairing a kinect with a move on the pc

caeden

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
Used one on my friend's PS3 and it is way better than the wiimote/kinect, but I still prefer a good old controller for most things. The biggest problem I had with it was that it was very sensitive to where you place the camera, and the further back you stand the better it works, but most rooms are not big enough, and by the time you are far enough away it is hard to see the PS3 detail on the screen (unless you have a nice 46"+).
But it is a giant step forward with a minimal delay (still noticeable, but better than the wii, and the wii wasn't bad to begin with), very accurate to orientation, and doesn't freak out too much when a little kid spazzes out with it in front of the TV.

Twist86

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2008
How about instead of a stupid controller 99% of us wont use on our PC we get a PS3 emulator instead!
Imagine the price drop. Emulation would be cheaper to do and no physical parts to sell/rma and games transferred via the torrent protocol would be much cheaper.

Though greed would make the prices stay the same ~_~

If in a multiplayer game two people went head-to-head, one with the move, and one with a traditional mouse/keyboard or thumbstick controller setup, who do you think has the advantage? (No really, I'm curious what people think).

I read somewhere recently that PC fps players destroy console fps players on cross platform games because of the keyboard/mouse advantage. It seems logical that this handicap would be increased using a motion controller.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]caeden[/nom]Used one on my friend's PS3 and it is way better than the wiimote/kinect [/citation]

Thing is.. You need to use each and everyone of them a bit longer to know. I own all of them ( not using shit anymore cause i work too much and getting ready for a surgery soon.. :S ) and i can tell you that you rather have a WiiMote cause just the fact its got software to back up the hardware is worth it. Check out the software out for Move after months. If you dont laugh with it then there is something wrong.

[citation][nom]Twist86[/nom]How about instead of a stupid controller 99% of us wont use on our PC we get a PS3 emulator instead!Imagine the price drop.[/citation]

Never gonna happen.

[citation][nom]rwpritchett[/nom]If in a multiplayer game two people went head-to-head, one with the move, and one with a traditional mouse/keyboard or thumbstick controller setup, who do you think has the advantage? (No really, I'm curious what people think).I read somewhere recently that PC fps players destroy console fps players on cross platform games because of the keyboard/mouse advantage. It seems logical that this handicap would be increased using a motion controller.[/citation]

Not only you are correct, Trying out games like MAG proves instantly that even on the console itself, when compared to the original controller, the game-play is ruined without most realizing in their effort to use the Move controller. Running - strafing - aiming = pure dissaster with the Move controller.

If it was the other way around everyone would have noticed instantly that someone was in a hurry to steal a bit of someone else's successful thunder. Why don't they stick with that retard of their promos saying "pew pew" while Kinect sells a few millions yet? Since when is Sony interested on the PC platform other than selling crappy & overpriced laptops? Its all funny to me really :)

Don't get me wrong.. I got a Move the first day of its release but its why I also know Sony sucks at backing up their hardware way more than MS. The most interesting thing with Move was the demo cause of the bit of variety till your hand starts hurting that is. Buying a couple of tittles for it was a mistake as well x.x

Now point that pink gaybrator away from me :( I rather spend more money and buy Razer's solution ( Sixence ) for my PC cause THEY know way more about PC/tech enthusiasts than Sony's bullshit on the matter.

That was purely my opinion on my "overused" Move controller.. ( thats called sarcasm )

qu3becker

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
What is a PlayStion Move? A typo in the title I guess.

I get to use the Move everyday at work, I'm a game QA functionality tester and I must admit that it is just a massager shaped Wiimote rip off. Poor Sony, they failed miserably at ripping off other video game console company.

G

sony really needs to tighten down, loose lips sink ships jesussss

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
In related news sony has decided to release a vibrating dual sensor attachment to the move controller. Hoping to encourage its target demografic of 18-45 year old single bisexuals to purchase more flaming pink and day glow yellow "ps balls"

bloodlust22

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2008
The Move is such a piece of garbage. I mean seriously, Why did it take Sony 5 years to create something that Nintendo already had. The engineers at Sony defy innovation. I'm glad there not picking up on yesterdays electronics on everything else they create.

Status
Not open for further replies.