Add Printer Error

October 28, 2004 1:23:02 AM

When I attempt to add a printer, after I select where to find the driver I
get this error:

"Printer driver setup error. Operation could not be completed."

Spooler is running with no errors, I can add a printer if the driver is
already installed. Also logged in as an administrator.

XP SP1

More about : add printer error

Anonymous
October 28, 2004 1:41:04 AM

What make and model of printer?
www.coribright.com

"shownpro" <shownpro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I attempt to add a printer, after I select where to find the driver I
> get this error:
>
> "Printer driver setup error. Operation could not be completed."
>
> Spooler is running with no errors, I can add a printer if the driver is
> already installed. Also logged in as an administrator.
>
> XP SP1

Anonymous
October 28, 2004 1:49:02 AM

I've tried 2 different printers, Epson CX5400 (Local) and a Xerox Phaser 8200
(Network) They install fine on 2 other computers.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> What make and model of printer?
> www.coribright.com
>
> "shownpro" <shownpro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I attempt to add a printer, after I select where to find the driver I
> > get this error:
> >
> > "Printer driver setup error. Operation could not be completed."
> >
> > Spooler is running with no errors, I can add a printer if the driver is
> > already installed. Also logged in as an administrator.
> >
> > XP SP1

March 7, 2005 2:21:03 PM

Did you ever get a fix for this. I'm encountering the same error when I try
to add a printer on a TCP/IP port.

"shownpro" wrote:

> I've tried 2 different printers, Epson CX5400 (Local) and a Xerox Phaser 8200
> (Network) They install fine on 2 other computers.
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > What make and model of printer?
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
> > www.coribright.com
> >
> > "shownpro" <shownpro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When I attempt to add a printer, after I select where to find the driver I
> > > get this error:
> > >
> > > "Printer driver setup error. Operation could not be completed."
> > >
> > > Spooler is running with no errors, I can add a printer if the driver is
> > > already installed. Also logged in as an administrator.
> > >
> > > XP SP1

Anonymous
March 7, 2005 2:31:06 PM

Yes I was able to fix the problem, however I cannot remember how. I tried a
million different things till I got it. If I remember I will post back.

!