Add Printer Error

When I attempt to add a printer, after I select where to find the driver I
get this error:

"Printer driver setup error. Operation could not be completed."

Spooler is running with no errors, I can add a printer if the driver is
already installed. Also logged in as an administrator.

XP SP1
4 answers Last reply
More about printer error

    What make and model of printer?
    www.coribright.com

    "shownpro" <shownpro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I attempt to add a printer, after I select where to find the driver I
    > get this error:
    >
    > "Printer driver setup error. Operation could not be completed."
    >
    > Spooler is running with no errors, I can add a printer if the driver is
    > already installed. Also logged in as an administrator.
    >
    > XP SP1

    I've tried 2 different printers, Epson CX5400 (Local) and a Xerox Phaser 8200
    (Network) They install fine on 2 other computers.

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > What make and model of printer?
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "shownpro" <shownpro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > When I attempt to add a printer, after I select where to find the driver I
    > > get this error:
    > >
    > > "Printer driver setup error. Operation could not be completed."
    > >
    > > Spooler is running with no errors, I can add a printer if the driver is
    > > already installed. Also logged in as an administrator.
    > >
    > > XP SP1

    Did you ever get a fix for this. I'm encountering the same error when I try
    to add a printer on a TCP/IP port.

    "shownpro" wrote:

    > I've tried 2 different printers, Epson CX5400 (Local) and a Xerox Phaser 8200
    > (Network) They install fine on 2 other computers.
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    > > What make and model of printer?
    > > --
    > > Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    > > www.coribright.com
    > >
    > > "shownpro" <shownpro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > When I attempt to add a printer, after I select where to find the driver I
    > > > get this error:
    > > >
    > > > "Printer driver setup error. Operation could not be completed."
    > > >
    > > > Spooler is running with no errors, I can add a printer if the driver is
    > > > already installed. Also logged in as an administrator.
    > > >
    > > > XP SP1

    Yes I was able to fix the problem, however I cannot remember how. I tried a
    million different things till I got it. If I remember I will post back.

    "DWildner" wrote:

    > Did you ever get a fix for this. I'm encountering the same error when I try
    > to add a printer on a TCP/IP port.
    >
    > "shownpro" wrote:
    >
    > > I've tried 2 different printers, Epson CX5400 (Local) and a Xerox Phaser 8200
    > > (Network) They install fine on 2 other computers.
    > >
    > > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    > >
    > > > What make and model of printer?
    > > > --
    > > > Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    > > > www.coribright.com
    > > >
    > > > "shownpro" <shownpro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Printer Driver Fax Microsoft Printers Windows XP