Mafia 2 graphics problem

Aneek

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
Hi friends,
I have faced a strange graphics problem in mafia 2......First of all I will give my system information.....intel core 2 duo 2.66Ghz(7300) , 3GB RAM , 9500GT Geforce 1Gb.So I can run the game(at least at medium graphics smoothly).

After clean installation of mafia 2,Physx software(latest version),I started the game.Then I went to graphics options & changed it as follows in the given image.
mafia22012072312180068.png

So you can see that I changed the resolution to 1366*768.
But when I play the game the resolution of the distant objects like trees,buildings,cars seem to be of tremendous low resolution.I am attaching another image to clarify my comment.
mafia22012072312131346.png

But strange thing is that when cutscene occurs the graphics seems all right with high details.I am giving another link to a cutscene.
mafia22012072312155219.png

I think its not a graphics card problem as I have played assassins creed,brothers in arms hells highway in high graphics settings.It is also revealed by the cutscene graphics quality of mafia 2 as I have said earlier.

Thanks for any help in advance

venjhammet

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Well to start with your 9500GT is a bit weak for Mafia 2. That game is a little bit demanding. If you had a 9600GSO it would be a different experience. Just run the game at a default setting. Cutscenes don't render at real time like actual playing.

Aneek

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
I support your view.But I have seen videos on youtube where mafia 2 runs a lot better in 9500GT than that of my computer.
What I am trying to say is that I have run assassins creed where the graphics was a hell lot better than that in mafia 2.
Also please carefully note the tremendous bad graphics of the tree in the 2nd image I posted.
I have also seen that my mafia 2 was installed in about 5.8GB space only rather than its normal 8-10Gb space.
Is it something to do with the graphics?

No, the game's graphics are like that, trust me. If you haven't yet noticed, if you ride a car at over 60 mph or so (Don't remember clearly) the distant objects become clearer. It's actually a problem with the coding, so it's not something that can be disabled.

Also, you might want to turn down some of the settings for a better experience of the game.