2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15-18
3. What screen resolution do you want? as good as possible for d3
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop replacement.
5. How much battery life do you need? 8 hrs min.
6 and 7)
Do you want to play games with your laptop?
What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I watch videos a lot on my laptop via streaming. I also will play diablo 3. I do not play any other games via laptop. I do run a business work with some graphic design programs. So I need MS Office suite. I surf the web, often times having up 10-20 tabs at a time.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? A generous amount to not have to worry about memory. Maybe capacity for D3, a few hundred songs, a few hundred pics, but I do not download DVD's or anything like that.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Any and all sites
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 5+ years (so maybe a laptop that is not too difficult to upgrade?)
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Just a regular CD drive?
Bluray preferable but not 100% neccesary.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I don't know much about different brands. Something dependable. I would like to buy from a vendor who does not give much trouble if I need to send it back if something is not working.
13. What country do you live in? US
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I've had the same Dell laptop that has lasted me from 2005 until now. I can't upgrade the graphics card... so anything I knew about computers I've basically forgotten since I've had work issued crap since graduation college (2009). So I'm serious mate!
But, expectations are now better set. So forget the battery life.
So err... lets just forget batter life all together as a need. running d3 med would suffice.
Just looking for the best thing $900.00 could get me.
To be perfectly honest $900 isn't going to get you the gaming laptop you want. I've seen a few late models or refurbs go for that much, but then you are already a year behind on a graphics cards. You can put together an HP DV6 on the HP site with a decent video card, but really what you are getting is a standard consumer laptop with better graphics. If you what a nice gaming laptop with a nice display ASUS makes some well priced units. The one below is $1200, but you are getting a solid laptop with 1920x1080 resolution and a Nvidia GTX 660M. They only go up in price from here.