setting up printer for multiple users on one machine using..

October 29, 2004 11:25:02 AM

I am trying to set up a default network printer on a win xp pro computer for
muliple users. Is there a way to do this without having to log in as each
user and choosing the same printer. Can't i set is up once when i'm logged in
as Admin and not have to go through this for each user?
Anonymous
October 29, 2004 2:04:01 PM

I don't quite understand what you want to do. A) You have a printer attached
to a XP pro machine. B) You want to share it over a network. Here is where
I got lost, are the other users different accounts on the same machine, or
different accounts on different machines, or the same account on different
machines? Do you want everyone to be able to use the printer or just select
people / machines?

"scott" wrote:

> I am trying to set up a default network printer on a win xp pro computer for
> muliple users. Is there a way to do this without having to log in as each
> user and choosing the same printer. Can't i set is up once when i'm logged in
> as Admin and not have to go through this for each user?
October 31, 2004 11:23:02 AM

We also got the same problem. We have a printer attached to a server
computer running microsoft server 2003. We have 3 users (A,B,C) in domain X.
In client computer (name Z) we log in using user A and install the printer,
then we log out. When we log in again to client computer Z using user B, the
logical printer that we just install is not shown (dissapear). We have to
install againg in order for user B to be able to print. The same thing we
have to do for user C.

Is there a way that we installed one time, and every user that log in using
their name into client computer Z will have the printer installed?

Thank You.

Yan

"scott" wrote:

> I am trying to set up a default network printer on a win xp pro computer for
> muliple users. Is there a way to do this without having to log in as each
> user and choosing the same printer. Can't i set is up once when i'm logged in
> as Admin and not have to go through this for each user?
October 31, 2004 11:32:17 PM

Here is what I do:
I remove all profiles except administrator.

I create a "standard" user with all the programs and printers.
Then I log off and log on as administrator.
then I copy the "Standard" user profile to the default user.
From here on every new user that logs on to the client will have the
programs and printers of the "standard" user.

Michael W.

"Yan" <Yan@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> We also got the same problem. We have a printer attached to a server
> computer running microsoft server 2003. We have 3 users (A,B,C) in domain
> X.
> In client computer (name Z) we log in using user A and install the
> printer,
> then we log out. When we log in again to client computer Z using user B,
> the
> logical printer that we just install is not shown (dissapear). We have to
> install againg in order for user B to be able to print. The same thing we
> have to do for user C.
>
> Is there a way that we installed one time, and every user that log in
> using
> their name into client computer Z will have the printer installed?
>
> Thank You.
>
> Yan
>

> "scott" wrote:
>
>> I am trying to set up a default network printer on a win xp pro computer
>> for
>> muliple users. Is there a way to do this without having to log in as each
>> user and choosing the same printer. Can't i set is up once when i'm
>> logged in
>> as Admin and not have to go through this for each user?
Anonymous
November 8, 2004 8:57:06 PM

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /?

Let's you do what you want to do.

Go to this page for more details:

end of line,

Reed

"Michael Wechter" <mw@carolineskolen.dk> wrote in message
news:o Z8DXB4vEHA.612@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Here is what I do:
> I remove all profiles except administrator.
>
> I create a "standard" user with all the programs and printers.
> Then I log off and log on as administrator.
> then I copy the "Standard" user profile to the default user.
> From here on every new user that logs on to the client will have the
> programs and printers of the "standard" user.
>
> Michael W.
>

> "Yan" <Yan@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>> We also got the same problem. We have a printer attached to a server
>> computer running microsoft server 2003. We have 3 users (A,B,C) in
>> domain X.
>> In client computer (name Z) we log in using user A and install the
>> printer,
>> then we log out. When we log in again to client computer Z using user B,
>> the
>> logical printer that we just install is not shown (dissapear). We have
>> install againg in order for user B to be able to print. The same thing
>> we
>> have to do for user C.
>>
>> Is there a way that we installed one time, and every user that log in
>> using
>> their name into client computer Z will have the printer installed?
>>
>> Thank You.
>>
>> Yan
>>

>> "scott" wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to set up a default network printer on a win xp pro computer
>>> for
>>> muliple users. Is there a way to do this without having to log in as
>>> each
>>> user and choosing the same printer. Can't i set is up once when i'm
>>> logged in
>>> as Admin and not have to go through this for each user?

Anonymous
November 23, 2004 3:33:06 PM

This worked great!

However, is there a way to setup this specified printer as the default
printer??

When attempting to use the /y syntax, it adds the printer but removes the
default check from all of them. Now all users have to set it as their
default.

"Reed Wiedower" wrote:

> rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /?
>
> Let's you do what you want to do.
>
> Go to this page for more details:
>
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/NetPrinterAllUsers.htm
>
> end of line,
>
> Reed
>

> "Michael Wechter" <mw@carolineskolen.dk> wrote in message
> news:o Z8DXB4vEHA.612@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > Here is what I do:
> > I remove all profiles except administrator.
> >
> > I create a "standard" user with all the programs and printers.
> > Then I log off and log on as administrator.
> > then I copy the "Standard" user profile to the default user.
> > From here on every new user that logs on to the client will have the
> > programs and printers of the "standard" user.
> >
> > Michael W.
> >

> > "Yan" <Yan@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> >> We also got the same problem. We have a printer attached to a server
> >> computer running microsoft server 2003. We have 3 users (A,B,C) in
> >> domain X.
> >> In client computer (name Z) we log in using user A and install the
> >> printer,
> >> then we log out. When we log in again to client computer Z using user B,
> >> the
> >> logical printer that we just install is not shown (dissapear). We have
> >> install againg in order for user B to be able to print. The same thing
> >> we
> >> have to do for user C.
> >>
> >> Is there a way that we installed one time, and every user that log in
> >> using
> >> their name into client computer Z will have the printer installed?
> >>
> >> Thank You.
> >>
> >> Yan

Anonymous
November 23, 2004 3:35:03 PM

This worked perfectly!

However, is there a way to setup this specific printer as the PCs default
printer?

Attempting to use the /y syntax adds the printer but removes the default
checkmark from all printers. Each user will need to go in and set the
printer to be default in this case.

"Reed Wiedower" wrote:

> rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /?
>
> Let's you do what you want to do.
>
> Go to this page for more details:
>
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/NetPrinterAllUsers.htm
>
> end of line,
>
> Reed
>

> "Michael Wechter" <mw@carolineskolen.dk> wrote in message
> news:o Z8DXB4vEHA.612@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > Here is what I do:
> > I remove all profiles except administrator.
> >
> > I create a "standard" user with all the programs and printers.
> > Then I log off and log on as administrator.
> > then I copy the "Standard" user profile to the default user.
> > From here on every new user that logs on to the client will have the
> > programs and printers of the "standard" user.
> >
> > Michael W.
> >

> > "Yan" <Yan@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> >> We also got the same problem. We have a printer attached to a server
> >> computer running microsoft server 2003. We have 3 users (A,B,C) in
> >> domain X.
> >> In client computer (name Z) we log in using user A and install the
> >> printer,
> >> then we log out. When we log in again to client computer Z using user B,
> >> the
> >> logical printer that we just install is not shown (dissapear). We have
> >> install againg in order for user B to be able to print. The same thing
> >> we
> >> have to do for user C.
> >>
> >> Is there a way that we installed one time, and every user that log in
> >> using
> >> their name into client computer Z will have the printer installed?
> >>
> >> Thank You.
> >>
> >> Yan

December 7, 2012 1:07:28 PM

This is what you have to do...

Open notepad and copy all of this script and save as .bat(very important)

all of the first script is so the user computer logs in the script will exceute as an administrator.. the last part of the script will add the install the printer to anybody that logs in into that machine.

make every single of this scripts a .bat file

then

Run > gpedit.msc > windows settings > scripts logon/logoff > logon >add the files

Const WbemAuthenticationLevelPktPrivacy = 6

strComputer = "computernamewheretheprinterisinstall"
strNamespace = “root\cimv2”
strUser = "Administrator"
strPassword = "administratorpassword"

Set objWbemLocator = CreateObject("WbemScripting.SWbemLocator")
Set objWMIService = objwbemLocator.ConnectServer _
(strComputer, strNamespace, strUser, strPassword)
objWMIService.Security_.authenticationLevel = WbemAuthenticationLevelPktPrivacy

Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
("Select * From Win32_OperatingSystem")
For Each objItem in ColItems
Wscript.Echo strComputer & ": " & objItem.Caption

next

Set objWbemLocator = CreateObject("WbemScripting.SWbemLocator")
Set objWMIService = objwbemLocator.ConnectServer _
(strComputer, strNamespace, strUser, strPassword)
objWMIService.Security_.authenticationLevel = WbemAuthenticationLevelPktPrivacy
Const ADS_SECURE_AUTHENTICATION = 1
Const ADS_USE_ENCRYPTION = 2

strPath = "LDAP://cn=kenmyer,ou=Finance,dc=fabrikam,dc=com"
strUser = "fabrikam\Administrator"
strPassword = "4rTGh2#1"

Set objDSO = GetObject("LDAP:")
Set objUser = objDSO.OpenDSObject _
(strPath, strUser, strPassword, _
ADS_USE_ENCRYPTION OR ADS_SECURE_AUTHENTICATION)

Wscript.Echo objUser.AccountDisabled

strComputer = "WinNT://atl-ws-01”
strUser = "Administrator"
strPassword = "4rTGh2#1"

Set objDSO = GetObject("WinNT:")
Set objComputer = objDSO.OpenDSObject _
(strComputer, strUser, strPassword, _
ADS_SECURE_AUTHENTICATION OR ADS_USE_ENCRYPTION)

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /ga /n"\\coputernameorservername\HPLaserJ_ESCANER

This will set it up as default

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /y /n"\\computerorsevername\HPLaserJ_ESCANER

Const WbemAuthenticationLevelPktPrivacy = 6

strComputer = "computernameorservername"
[...]

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /ga /n"HPLaserJ

!