[EQ2] Genie in a bottle

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.everquest (More info?)

Of all the Heritage quests in EQII, one of the most attractive and elusive
is "Saving Soles", the only Level 50 Heritage quest in the game. It requires
many complex steps to complete, including learning a language, access to
Lavastorm, killing a raid mob and finally one of the most grueling and
challenging access quests in the game, "Efreeti Bastion", which much be
completed deep in the heart of Solusek's Eye where the final efreeti boss
awaits. The prize: Golden Efreeti Boots, a sweet set of gear with a whopping
+20 per tick power regen. I want!

I had accomplished all of the preliminary steps for the quest and had led
several raids on the Magolemus raid mob who sits just outside the entrance
to Solusek Eye. Mago is a big giant who sits non KOS until someone
approaches him with this quest and triggers his aggro. The thing about Mago
is that he's stationed right in the heart of the lava fields where you have
to watch your step carefully because one foot in the lava and your toast.
Oh, and did I mention that Mago has hella knockback lol? The trick to this
encounter is to pull him all the way to the entrance to Solusek's Eye and
get the tank in the corner so that Mago can knock him back into the corner
over and over again. The rest is just an endurance contest (many Bothans
died getting us this information).

The final step in my quest was simply to kill the Efreeti Lord Djarn. No one
in the guild had completed the access quest to the Bastion of Flame,
however, so we set out to get it done. To even get the quest requires a trip
deep, deep into Solusek's Eye, a good two hour trek if you're not lucky
enough to have an Illusionist, Swashbuckler or Fury in the party for Group
invis. Fighting every mob on the way down is just a huge chore and timesink,
this place is HUGE. Long, labyrnthian lava tunnels, huge circular hallways
with roaming giants, and the most elaborate network of thin, glass walkways
that leave you inching your way carefully across chasms of molten lava,
knowing that a single misstep and you plummet to your death. The worst part
about dying here is that the zone-in is so far away, your night is
effectively over unless the entire party is willing to evac back AND you've
got a group inviser. Otherwise, game over.

Finally we got to the book, got the quest and set out to complete it. This
required finding 12 different species of fire giants within SE and getting
their shards (random updates). This alone takes many nights and all of us in
the guild started working this throughout the week to a point where one of
us could start the final phase of the quest, assembling the lava bottle at
the Forge of the Giants and killing The Castigator, a huge named Giant
guarding the entrance to the Bastion of Flames. Entrance to the Bastion
requires only member of the group to have acccess, so it didn't matter who
was there first, just that one of us got it, and throughout the week
everyone worked hard at both advancing the Saving Soles quest (so that
they'd be ready when someone got access) and hunting giants (so as to gain
the guild access). Finally, I hit all 12 shards and made my way to the Forge
of the Giants and made by lava bottle. Now to go camp The Castigator. This
is not a pretty camp, from what I'd heard and I prepared to start camping
this for days, if necessary. Fortunately, we had with us Elandil, an officer
and L48 Illusionist who was able to get the entire party down into position
within 10 minutes with his god-given group invisibility.

When we got to the Castigator room, however, we saw what we'd all feared: it
was already camped. The group camping, however, had only 5 members so we
inquired if they would accept one of the three people in our group who
needed this step. Some discussion was had and despite my expressed desire
not to leave my group, they insisted that I join the other group and try and
get the camp done. I obliged and after saying goodbyes, got into position
with the other group and began some lively discussions when, suddenly, POP.
Our named giant, The Castigator, spawned and woots and shouts poured forth.

My group stood, stunned, watching as the camping group took down the
Castigator and paved the way for my completion of the access quest and our
entry into the Bastion of Flames. I thanked the campers profusely and
re-joined my group. No one in their wildest dreams thought it possible that
on the night we set out to work the Bastion quest, we actually might enter
the Bastion that same evening to confront the Efreeti Lord, but there we
were. There was one small final step, to kill 20 efreetis soulslayers but
they were easily dispatched and within a few minutes we were ready to enter
the Bastion. Wow!

We approached it and zoned in. What we found inside was a small, circular
room, pulsating with the orange glow of lava surrounding a round center
stage of stone, set up above a lava lake. On the walls of this room were
four genie lamps positioned equidistantly from each other surrounding the
center stage. All we knew about this encounter was that we had to rub a lamp
and fight a boss. We had heard that it was necessary to be still during the
battle, but that's it. Nothing on the spoiler sites, nothing more to go on.
So we positioned ourselves where we *thought* we *might* be fighting and got
ready for the first rub. Elandil did the honors:

"Initiating"

After rubbing the lamp, a genie appeared from out of a shimmering glow and
transformed into a L52 named Efreeti who immediately aggro'd us on the
center stage. Our tank, a 50 Guardian, Held the Line, and I cast Mourning
Soul, a L49 spell that does a 35% attack rate slow and roots me in place,
thank you very much. We started to fight and noticed something very
disturbing and left us all with a horrible, sinking feeling. As we fought,
the room began to fill with lava and surrounded our very skin. The powerful
majicks of this room somehow prevented us from taking any damage from
contact with the lava and it was then that we realized why we could not
move: so long as we remained immobile we would take no damage from the lava.
But ONE STEP = Instant death, as one of us found out the hard way. We wiped.

I wouldn't have gone all the way back down and tried again if Elandil were
not with us to group invis us back, but he was and we did and we got into
place again for another go at the efreetis. This time, as the lava started
to rise, we realized that we needed to kill the Efreeti *before* the lava
went over our heads and made it impossible for any of us to see what we were
doing. As a dwarf, and the smallest player there, this did not make me feel
very comfortable, but fortunately we kicked major efreeti butt and we had no
trouble taking down each of the four successive genies in a bottle, well
before the lava covered even my short frame (although one time it did come
up to my neck). After killing one efreeti, the room would empty of lava and
you had all the time you needed before starting the next bottle, so we were
able to get the job done pretty easily once that was figured out.

Finally, all four were done and a larger, single lamp floated down from the
ceiling and landed lightly in the center of the round stage and we knew this
was our objective. Once rubbed, we'd be fighting the Efreeti Lord himself,
Djarn. We got into position, re-buffed, crossed ourselves and waited for
Elandil to do his countdown:

"Initiating in 30"
"20"
"10"
"Initiating"

The Efreeti Lord Djarn is a L52 ++ Heroic, nothing very scary about those
stats and yet ... he hit HARD. Harder than I expected and as well as I'd
been able to keep up as single healer for this group throught every
encounter we'd ever faced in Sol's Eye, this one appeared to be beyond my
capacity and after using up manastones, healing scepters, emergency wards,
Savior, and every trick at my disposal, eventually the Efreeti Lord was just
too much for us and after our MT went down, our backup tank engaged while I
combat rezzed the MT (mistake, I should have let him lie and stay focused on
keeping the backup standing), and we wiped. With the Efreeti Lord Djarn at
15%. Ugh.

Genie 2, Veritas 0.

No one had the heart (or the energy) to return for another try that night
and we vowed we would return, probably tonight. We learned a lot about the
nature of Djarn's AE from parses of the logs and I'm pretty certain we've
got his number for the next try. So, even though we didn't make it to the
boots, we got far, far further than we'd expected when we started out that
night so long ago up top, and we were happy with our results. As the only
member of the guild to have completed this access quest, and many of our
folks working toward the boots now, I know that Djarn and I are going to
have more than a few more meetings in the upcoming days ...

--
Redbeard, the Relic Keeper
<Veritas>

Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
<Resolution, Retired>
Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie
19 answers Last reply
More about genie bottle
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    Sorry for the typo in my former sig: fixed now (thanks, Tuk)
    --
    http://veritasab.invisionzone.com/forums
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?characterId=105183104

    Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
    <Resolution, Retired>
    Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
    Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    Great story, Bob. =) Good luck on the Efreeti.

    Give Sony credit where credit is due: they know how to make quests.

    -Richard
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Bob Perez" wrote:

    > Redbeard, the Relic Keeper
    > <Veritas>

    Strangely enough, I work for VERITAS Software. Alas, not for much longer:
    we got taken over by Symantec. So keep the name blazing, Redbeard!

    -Richard
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in message

    Snip Great Story
    > --
    > Redbeard, the Relic Keeper
    > <Veritas>

    Bob, as only a level 32 Paladin, I am often wondering about the higher end
    game of EQ2. I sometimes think that there won't be anything to do when I
    finally hit level 50, but your stories always inspire and keep the desire
    burning to get to that part of the game.

    Keep up the stories!

    Bcarpal
    32Paladin
    Officer of <Divine Essence>
    Steamfont
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Richard Lawson" <nouma@msn.com> wrote in message

    > Great story, Bob. =) Good luck on the Efreeti.

    Thanks! We went back in tonight and I'm very happy to report that the
    Golden Efreeti Boots fit just fine! As an added bonus for the nostalgic,
    their special ability is even called "Flowing Thought".

    > Give Sony credit where credit is due: they know how to make quests.

    That they do. I hadn't expected to see Nektropos Castle and the mysteries of
    the Everling family topped, but Solusek's Eye continues to amaze me and
    there's much more to go. Having finally conquered Vyr'drais the Vicious
    recently, enabling our guild to get the Speak like a Dragon quest, we are
    now able to converse with Lord Nagafen and get started on Deception, the
    Prismatic event. We can hardly wait.

    BTW, Kesha (L41 Swashbuckler) sends her regards and /hugs.
    --
    Redbeard, the Relic Keeper
    <Veritas>
    Dwarven Mystic of 50 Winters & Alchemist
    Loyal Citizen of the Antonia Bayle
    Current resident of Qeynos Harbor
    http://veritasab.invisionzone.com/forums
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?characterId=105183104

    Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
    <Resolution, Retired>
    Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
    Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "bcarshaman" <everquest@wiselogel.com> wrote in message

    > Bob, as only a level 32 Paladin, I am often wondering about the higher end
    > game of EQ2. I sometimes think that there won't be anything to do when I
    > finally hit level 50

    Aye, bcarshaman, there is tons yet to do. As you enter your 30's you're just
    getting started on one of my favorite zones in the game: Nektropos Castle
    and the saga of Lord Everling. Savor that one, it's one the great adventures
    of the game and will keep you occupied for the rest of your career. Indeed,
    there is now an access quest at level 50 opening way to a new adventure
    within Nektropos Castle, and I've yet to finish exploring that. Even the
    dogs of death in the courtyard are level 50 ...
    --
    Redbeard, the Relic Keeper
    <Veritas>
    Dwarven Mystic of 50 Winters & Alchemist
    Loyal Citizen of the Antonia Bayle
    Current resident of Qeynos Harbor
    http://veritasab.invisionzone.com/forums
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?characterId=105183104

    Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
    <Resolution, Retired>
    Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
    Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    > "Bob Perez" wrote:
    >>
    >> Redbeard, the Relic Keeper
    >> <Veritas>
    >
    > Strangely enough, I work for VERITAS Software. Alas, not for much longer:
    > we got taken over by Symantec. So keep the name blazing, Redbeard!

    You guys need to update your tape backup suite its pissing me off
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    >> Bob, as only a level 32 Paladin, I am often wondering about the
    higher end
    >> game of EQ2. I sometimes think that there won't be anything to do
    when I
    >> finally hit level 50

    >Aye, bcarshaman, there is tons yet to do. As you enter your 30's
    you're just
    >getting started on one of my favorite zones in the game: Nektropos
    Castle
    >and the saga of Lord Everling. Savor that one, it's one the great
    adventures
    >of the game and will keep you occupied for the rest of your career.
    Indeed,
    >there is now an access quest at level 50 opening way to a new
    adventure
    >within Nektropos Castle, and I've yet to finish exploring that. Even
    the
    >dogs of death in the courtyard are level 50 ...

    Really? What so good about Nektropos Castle? I got access recently but
    no one was inside or out, so I went back to RoV cursing under my breath
    about the time spent to gain access for nothing. Haven't been back.
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    Bob Perez wrote:
    > Of all the Heritage quests in EQII, one of the most attractive and
    elusive
    > is "Saving Soles", the only Level 50 Heritage quest in the game. It
    requires
    > many complex steps to complete, including learning a language, access
    > Lavastorm, killing a raid mob and finally one of the most grueling
    and
    > challenging access quests in the game, "Efreeti Bastion", which much
    be
    > completed deep in the heart of Solusek's Eye where the final efreeti
    boss
    > awaits. The prize: Golden Efreeti Boots, a sweet set of gear with a
    whopping
    > +20 per tick power regen. I want!

    I love the GEBs quest, it was really a lot of fun (except for camping
    Foulgill). I think every healer and finger-wagler needs a pair of the
    boots. Shoot, even I, as an assassin, take off my JBoots for long
    fights to keep the power flowing (+20 in-combat is nice). I started
    another group on the quest this weekend, and we killed the Big Squiggly
    for them. Sadly, lacking a group inviser and being awfully close to
    raid time, we had to postpone it until later this week.

    > I had accomplished all of the preliminary steps for the quest and had
    led
    > several raids on the Magolemus raid mob who sits just outside the
    entrance
    > to Solusek Eye. Mago is a big giant who sits non KOS until someone
    > approaches him with this quest and triggers his aggro. The thing
    about Mago
    > is that he's stationed right in the heart of the lava fields where
    you have
    > to watch your step carefully because one foot in the lava and your
    toast.
    > Oh, and did I mention that Mago has hella knockback lol? The trick
    to this
    > encounter is to pull him all the way to the entrance to Solusek's Eye
    and
    > get the tank in the corner so that Mago can knock him back into the
    corner
    > over and over again. The rest is just an endurance contest (many
    Bothans
    > died getting us this information).

    Another thing to be aware of with Magelomus is that he despawns if you
    take to long killing him. You have something like 15mins after the
    start to drop him or he will despawn on you. Once you learn to bring
    him to the door, the only problem is the time limit, which really isn't
    a problem if you have two full groups. I did manage to get knocked
    into the lava once... one of my friends from another guild was watching
    us fight and just about died laughing... From the door, I got booted
    all the way across the entry to land in the lava on the far side. I
    guess the sight of a rat flying through the air was awesome, need to do
    that again and get somebody to screenshot it for me.

    <snip>

    > After rubbing the lamp, a genie appeared from out of a shimmering
    glow and
    > transformed into a L52 named Efreeti who immediately aggro'd us on
    the
    > center stage. Our tank, a 50 Guardian, Held the Line, and I cast
    Mourning
    > Soul, a L49 spell that does a 35% attack rate slow and roots me in
    place,
    > thank you very much. We started to fight and noticed something very
    > disturbing and left us all with a horrible, sinking feeling. As we
    fought,
    > the room began to fill with lava and surrounded our very skin. The
    powerful
    > majicks of this room somehow prevented us from taking any damage from

    > contact with the lava and it was then that we realized why we could
    not
    > move: so long as we remained immobile we would take no damage from
    the lava.
    > But ONE STEP = Instant death, as one of us found out the hard way. We
    wiped.

    I had no idea you could stand still and not die. The way we do it
    seems a lot easier, since there is no time limit. Every platform in
    the room submerges, except the elevator control (where we stick people
    who haven't done it before), and the platform with the bottle you are
    rubbing. The trick to that is that you have approximately two seconds
    after killing him to jump back to the center because the platform you
    are fighting on submerges.

    <snip more>

    > Genie 2, Veritas 0.

    You'll get him. This has become one of our stops daily to kill because
    it is fun (and drops some decent stuff occasionally).

    Good luck on your next attempt, and enjoy your boots!
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Joiner" wrote:

    > "Richard Lawson" <nouma@msn.com> wrote in message
    >> "Bob Perez" wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Redbeard, the Relic Keeper
    >>> <Veritas>
    >>
    >> Strangely enough, I work for VERITAS Software. Alas, not for much
    >> longer: we got taken over by Symantec. So keep the name blazing,
    >> Redbeard!
    >

    > You guys need to update your tape backup suite its pissing me off

    Which one? NetBackup, which is the one I support, is actually a pretty
    robust backup solution *if* you configure it and your environment correctly.
    The devil is in the details, as they say, but once you get everything done
    right, NetBackup will perform handstands on demand.

    Now, if you're talking Backup Exec, then yeah, it's cheap off-the-shelf
    software for a reason. =/

    -Richard
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    On the calendar, in the box marked 5/10/2005 8:36 AM ^ Richard Lawson
    scratched:

    > Now, if you're talking Backup Exec, then yeah, it's cheap off-the-shelf
    > software for a reason. =/

    *cough* *cough*
    You ain't just whistlin' dixie!

    Justin H.
    --
    Nyarlathotep casts a spell
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message

    > Really? What so good about Nektropos Castle? I got access recently but
    > no one was inside or out, so I went back to RoV cursing under my breath
    > about the time spent to gain access for nothing. Haven't been back.

    Netktopos Castle is a single-group instanced zone. The only people that are
    going to be in it are people who come in with you, so it's not surprising no
    one was in it when you went in if you went in solo. ;-) Varsoon, on the
    other hand, is an open zone where anyone can enter and multiple groups can
    congregate. Different experience. Varsoon is a fine place to grind and find
    some interesting adventures and quests. Nektropos is where you take a group
    that wants a story and a thrill, along with plenty of challenging and
    rewarding quests. The sad legacy of the Everling family and the fate of
    Maltus's six daughters is one of the more compelling sub plots in the game,
    but, like a lot of EQII, it's best enjoyed with a group.

    --
    Redbeard, the Relic Keeper
    <Veritas>
    Dwarven Mystic of 50 Winters & Alchemist
    Loyal Citizen of the Antonia Bayle
    Current resident of Qeynos Harbor
    http://veritasab.invisionzone.com/forums
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?characterId=105183104

    Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
    <Resolution, Retired>
    Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
    Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie
  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Richard Lawson" <nouma@msn.com> wrote in message

    >> Redbeard, the Relic Keeper
    >> <Veritas>
    >
    > Strangely enough, I work for VERITAS Software. Alas, not for much longer:
    > we got taken over by Symantec. So keep the name blazing, Redbeard!

    Hah! I will indeed keep it blazing. Veritas was the motto of a school I
    attended and came to mind when we were thinking about our guild's back story
    in connection with the search for what really happened in the Shattering (a
    cataclysmic event in the EQII lore, resulting in the destruction of many of
    the old world regions), so the name really resonated.

    No wonder I couldn't get veritas.com! Let me know if they ever decide to
    abandon it! ;-)

    --
    Redbeard, the Relic Keeper
    <Veritas>
    Dwarven Mystic of 50 Winters & Alchemist
    Loyal Citizen of the Antonia Bayle
    Current resident of Qeynos Harbor
    http://veritasab.invisionzone.com/forums
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?characterId=105183104

    Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
    <Resolution, Retired>
    Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
    Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie
  14. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    Bob Perez wrote:
    > "Richard Lawson" <nouma@msn.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>> Redbeard, the Relic Keeper
    >>> <Veritas>
    >>
    >> Strangely enough, I work for VERITAS Software. Alas, not for much
    >> longer: we got taken over by Symantec. So keep the name blazing,
    >> Redbeard!
    >
    > Hah! I will indeed keep it blazing. Veritas was the motto of a school
    > I attended and came to mind when we were thinking about our guild's
    > back story in connection with the search for what really happened in
    > the Shattering (a cataclysmic event in the EQII lore, resulting in
    > the destruction of many of the old world regions), so the name really
    > resonated.

    Harvard?
    --
    Sinaiel Soulmerchant
    Wraith of Misericordia

    "Jonathan" <phoenixprince@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > Harvard?

    The Law School, yes.
    --
    Redbeard, the Relic Keeper
    <Veritas>
    Dwarven Mystic of 50 Winters & Alchemist
    Loyal Citizen of the Antonia Bayle
    Current resident of Qeynos Harbor
    http://veritasab.invisionzone.com/forums
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?characterId=105183104

    Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
    <Resolution, Retired>
    Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
    Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie
  16. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Thusly "Jonathan" <phoenixprince@hotmail.com> Spake Unto All:

    >> Hah! I will indeed keep it blazing. Veritas was the motto of a school
    >> I attended
    >
    >Harvard?

    "In vino veritas"?

    --
    A True Hero: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/03/magazine/03ALI.html
  17. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    "Mean_Chlorine" <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "In vino veritas"?

    I get that line all the time, and half my guild believes it was the
    inspiration for the name. As a Dwarf and a hopeless romantic, I don't have
    the heart to disabuse them of the idea ...

    --
    Redbeard, the Relic Keeper
    <Veritas>
    Dwarven Mystic of 50 Winters & Alchemist
    Loyal Citizen of the Antonia Bayle
    Current resident of Qeynos Harbor
    http://veritasab.invisionzone.com/forums
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?characterId=105183104

    Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
    <Resolution, Retired>
    Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
    Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie
  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Thus spake Mean_Chlorine <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk>, Wed, 11 May
    2005 21:40:24 +0200, Anno Domini:

    >Thusly "Jonathan" <phoenixprince@hotmail.com> Spake Unto All:
    >
    >>> Hah! I will indeed keep it blazing. Veritas was the motto of a school
    >>> I attended
    >>
    >>Harvard?
    >
    >"In vino veritas"?

    My Latin is a bit rusty - "in wine we trust" or "the truth is in wine"? >;-)

    --
    A killfile is a friend for life.

  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Thusly Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> Spake Unto All:

    >>"In vino veritas"?
    >
    >My Latin is a bit rusty - "in wine we trust" or "the truth is in wine"? >;-)

    Literally "in wine (is) truth", although IME most college students
    would subscribe to your first motto.

    --
    A True Hero: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/03/magazine/03ALI.html

NAS / RAID Games Video Games