Sign in with
Your question

Disk boot failure - please insert system disk.....

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Overclocking
  • Hard Drives
Last response: in Overclocking
January 31, 2002 7:13:22 AM

Hi There.
Can Anyone help me..p-p-please!!!

I recently tried to overclock my really old PIII 450. I have an old IWILL BD 100 Legacy motherboard. My harddrive is an IBM deskstar 30.7 GB.
When i tried to overclock it, i did it wrong and just relied on changing the bus frequency in the bios. Anyway my system locked and when i finally got it back on power, the sytem couldn´t detect my Harddrive and as i´ve learnt no other harddrives as well. I tried to make a new partition and format my drive as well as clearing C MOS on the board and updating my Bios. nothing seems to help. I tried disks from other com´s on my pc but still: Disk boot failure - please insert system disk.... :(  :(  :( 
My system finds the drive in the bios HD detection but won´t recognise it as a bootable disk ???

Can anyone help?

Who´s your daddy ?

More about : disk boot failure insert system disk

January 31, 2002 12:15:41 PM

I dunno if this helps but, Have you tried to write "Sys C:" from the floppy?

-
January 31, 2002 12:23:47 PM

No, but its worth a try though, thanks :) 

Im beginning to suspect that the motherboard is corrupted somehow ..hmmm

Who´s your daddy ?
Related resources
January 31, 2002 12:27:06 PM

Have you tried to reinstall Windows?

-
January 31, 2002 12:44:11 PM

did this to me once, needed an fdisk to fix it.

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?
January 31, 2002 4:57:26 PM

Its won't be bootable until you install a kernel of an OS.

Try format/q/s

Or try CD-ROM boot.

:cool: <b><font color=blue>The Cisco Kid</font color=blue></b> :cool:
February 2, 2002 11:25:54 AM

First install Windows on it, if you already have done that go to DOS and type 'C:\fdisk /mbr' this will repair your Master Boot Record.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek:  .
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
February 3, 2002 2:08:41 AM

this happened to me and it drove me nuts. U might have gotten a virus from sombody , i took my comp. to compusa and they could not fix and i ended up paying 100$ for nothing, the only way i fixed it was to get another hard drive , sucks
July 24, 2008 8:50:58 PM

I had the exact same error message. I just unplugged my floppy drive and that took care of my problem. I had a bad floppy drive. Hope that's what ur problem is.
!