Disk boot failure - please insert system disk.....

Hi There.
Can Anyone help me..p-p-please!!!

I recently tried to overclock my really old PIII 450. I have an old IWILL BD 100 Legacy motherboard. My harddrive is an IBM deskstar 30.7 GB.
When i tried to overclock it, i did it wrong and just relied on changing the bus frequency in the bios. Anyway my system locked and when i finally got it back on power, the sytem couldn´t detect my Harddrive and as i´ve learnt no other harddrives as well. I tried to make a new partition and format my drive as well as clearing C MOS on the board and updating my Bios. nothing seems to help. I tried disks from other com´s on my pc but still: Disk boot failure - please insert system disk.... :( :( :(
My system finds the drive in the bios HD detection but won´t recognise it as a bootable disk ???

Can anyone help?

Who´s your daddy ?
8 answers Last reply
More about disk boot failure insert system disk
  1. I dunno if this helps but, Have you tried to write "Sys C:" from the floppy?

-
  2. No, but its worth a try though, thanks :)

Im beginning to suspect that the motherboard is corrupted somehow ..hmmm

Who´s your daddy ?
  3. Have you tried to reinstall Windows?

-
  4. did this to me once, needed an fdisk to fix it.

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?
  5. Its won't be bootable until you install a kernel of an OS.

Try format/q/s

Or try CD-ROM boot.

:cool: <b><font color=blue>The Cisco Kid</font color=blue></b> :cool:
  6. First install Windows on it, if you already have done that go to DOS and type 'C:\fdisk /mbr' this will repair your Master Boot Record.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .
  7. this happened to me and it drove me nuts. U might have gotten a virus from sombody , i took my comp. to compusa and they could not fix and i ended up paying 100$ for nothing, the only way i fixed it was to get another hard drive , sucks
  8. I had the exact same error message. I just unplugged my floppy drive and that took care of my problem. I had a bad floppy drive. Hope that's what ur problem is.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Overclocking Hard Drives