Disk boot failure - please insert system disk.....

chavez

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2002
Hi There.
Can Anyone help me..p-p-please!!!

I recently tried to overclock my really old PIII 450. I have an old IWILL BD 100 Legacy motherboard. My harddrive is an IBM deskstar 30.7 GB.
When i tried to overclock it, i did it wrong and just relied on changing the bus frequency in the bios. Anyway my system locked and when i finally got it back on power, the sytem couldn´t detect my Harddrive and as i´ve learnt no other harddrives as well. I tried to make a new partition and format my drive as well as clearing C MOS on the board and updating my Bios. nothing seems to help. I tried disks from other com´s on my pc but still: Disk boot failure - please insert system disk.... :( :( :(
My system finds the drive in the bios HD detection but won´t recognise it as a bootable disk ???

Can anyone help?

Who´s your daddy ?

chavez

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2002
No, but its worth a try though, thanks :)

Im beginning to suspect that the motherboard is corrupted somehow ..hmmm

Who´s your daddy ?

svol

Champion
First install Windows on it, if you already have done that go to DOS and type 'C:\fdisk /mbr' this will repair your Master Boot Record.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

G

this happened to me and it drove me nuts. U might have gotten a virus from sombody , i took my comp. to compusa and they could not fix and i ended up paying 100$ for nothing, the only way i fixed it was to get another hard drive , sucks

badboy60103

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
I had the exact same error message. I just unplugged my floppy drive and that took care of my problem. I had a bad floppy drive. Hope that's what ur problem is.

TRENDING THREADS