Watercooling your oc'd video card

Mnx4

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2001
Does anyone think this is really worth it? would it be more economical to get a really good fan for the card so that it will not only cool the gpu but also the memory? I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience w/ this or any insight at all. Btw, the card im looking at is the radeon 8500.

Putting the laughter back in to Slaughter.

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
i have seen people make waterblocks for their gpu, and ram on their video card. and they seem to have good results.
i mean, think about it, if watercooling is good enough to cool a cpu that is overclocked, then it should be pretty good for a video card, right?
but if you dont already have a good water cooling system, then you might want to just look into a good air cooling solution. because it will just cost too much to make a watercooling system just for your video card.
or maybe you could make a system water cooling setup.
cool the cpu, video card, chipset, and hard drive. then have no fans, except for the psu fan, unless you can figure out how to water cool those...hehe
then you could have a close to silent system...and it would run cool.

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

svol

Champion
If you don't have already have a watercooling for your CPU or don't want to have a watercooling for your CPU, then it will cost to much to build one just for your videocard.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

Mnx4

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2001
Thanks for the relplies. i currently do not have a water cooling system and i wouldn't install one just for my crappy tnt2 ultra. I hope to be making my own comp soon and i was going to use koolance's case w/ the video card cooler option. I was just wondering if it would be worth buying the seperate card cooling adapter just to squeeze out a few more fps. Thanks again. Mnx4

Putting the laughter back in to Slaughter.