MSI K7T266a-Pro2 & unlocked AthlonXP?

G

Ok, so, I got my machine working, but here is what happened:

equipment:
AthlonXP 1600+ cpu
MSI K7T266a-Pro2 mobo
Enermax 460 PSU

My machine has been stable so I decided to try unlocking my AthlonXP 1600+. I carefully taped off the L1 contacts and filled the holes with a line of super glue. I then masked off the first set of contacts and drew a line with silver paint. Repeat for all contacts. Placed CPU back in mobo and boot to bios. Changed the multiplier from 10.5 to 11 and reboot. (left core voltage at 1.75v) The machine happily booted. Ran some tests and then played a 3d game for an hour and everything was stable and temp was ~40c based on mobo probe. Restart machine…sits at Windows is shutting down…I hit reset…Drives light up, display is dead, nothing happens. Thinking this is possibly a problem with the monitor (it had been a little flaky) I leave it for a while. My brother unplugs everything keyboard/mouse/monitor/power from back and returns them to my parents’ computer from which I had borrowed them. I return a few hours later and switch everything back and turn on the power. Now I get nothing. No fans, no lights in the drive, nothing. So, I go home to the peripherals that I know and love and I finally got it to boot Sunday night after leaving it with the power off for a day and attempting to reset the bios about 10 times. I find that if I set the multiplier to 11 it goes into the first state of drives light up but no display and system doesn't boot (hdd's don't spin, not fdd access, etc) and I must reset the bios for it to boot again.

Questions:

On a MSI K7T266a Pro2, what happens if you try to change the multiplier on a “locked” AthlonXP? Does it not boot or does it just use the hard coded multi?
On a MSI K7T266a Pro2, can you even select a different multiplier with a “locked” AthlonXP?

I'm trying to determin if my proc is correctly unlocked. If not, I'll start over, if it is, then I need to find out what is keeping it from running.

Any other thoughts?

I'm offended if anything I've said offended you.

Athlon XP 1600+
MSI K7T266 Pro2

G

I have the MSI K7T Turbo2, using stock AMD 1.8XP CPU, and i have been able to change the FSB and Multiplier from the BIOS and also with several programs that assist in OC'g. Also MSI send a program called FUZZY LOGIC with the mobo which is there way to Overclock. tryit u might like it.

s0121

G

SUCCESS!! Tried again to unlock it. Didn't need to redo my superglue, that worked the first time. Redid my silver connectsion and Wohoo!! I can happily run at 1900+ by only changing the multiplier. I love not having to crank the front side bus. I can't run at 2000+ because it is not stable. It will boot, just not stable. It is rock solid at 1900+ and hasn't crashed since I did it a few weeks ago. I think I'll get a 1700+ so I can bump it up to 2000+. :) Anyone want to buy an unlocked AthlonXP 1600+ running at 1900+ stable?

I'm offended if anything I've said offended you.

Athlon XP 1600+
MSI K7T266 Pro2