Margins

I am trying to change the margins of my printer and when I do, say, change
the bottom margin to 0.1, when I click into another box to change a different
margin, it immediately changes the bottom margin back to 0.0506. (what kind
of wacky size is that anyway?) In addition, I can sometimes change the size,
and it looks fine in the preview, but it does not come out this way. I am
using the latest software for everything and have tried uninstalling and
reinstalling the printer and drivers.

Thanks,
JMR
1 answer Last reply
More about margins

    JMR,

    Laser and inkjet printers have "minimum margins" - i.e. margins that you
    can't go less than the minimum value.

    Unfortunately, from a compatibility standpoint, these minimum margin values
    can vary widely among different printers, even those of the same printer type
    (e.g. laser) from the same manufactuer. HP is a prime example of a
    "compatibility offender."

    "jonmrich" wrote:

    > I am trying to change the margins of my printer and when I do, say, change
    > the bottom margin to 0.1, when I click into another box to change a different
    > margin, it immediately changes the bottom margin back to 0.0506. (what kind
    > of wacky size is that anyway?) In addition, I can sometimes change the size,
    > and it looks fine in the preview, but it does not come out this way. I am
    > using the latest software for everything and have tried uninstalling and
    > reinstalling the printer and drivers.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > JMR

Microsoft Printers Windows XP