Sided Prinitng With HP Deskjet 712C

With original XP I had 2 sided printing capability. After upgradeding (was it
really) to SP2 I no longer ahve the 2 sided print feature. Tried reloading HP
drivers but it defaults to windows supplied drivers.

Any way to get 2 sided printing back?
4 answers Last reply
More about sided prinitng deskjet 712c

    ET wrote:

    > With original XP I had 2 sided printing capability. After upgradeding (was it
    > really) to SP2 I no longer ahve the 2 sided print feature. Tried reloading HP
    > drivers but it defaults to windows supplied drivers.
    >
    > Any way to get 2 sided printing back?

    According to HP, the only XP drivers available are the ones supplied
    with XP. What were you using before? See here: http://tinyurl.com/3kddp.

    Use the software from www.fineprint.com.
    www.coribright.com

    "ET" <ET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > With original XP I had 2 sided printing capability. After upgradeding (was
    > it
    > really) to SP2 I no longer ahve the 2 sided print feature. Tried reloading
    > HP
    > drivers but it defaults to windows supplied drivers.
    >
    > Any way to get 2 sided printing back?

    You need to get the program FinePrint. This will restore the 2 sided
    printing and some other capabilities. Definitely works well. Xp's built
    in driver only provides basic printing functions.

    ET wrote:

    > With original XP I had 2 sided printing capability. After upgradeding (was it
    > really) to SP2 I no longer ahve the 2 sided print feature. Tried reloading HP
    > drivers but it defaults to windows supplied drivers.
    >
    > Any way to get 2 sided printing back?

    HP drivers install instructions:

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lang=en&lc=en&cc=us&docname=bpd09005&product=58747&lang=en&cc=us

    | Use the software from www.fineprint.com.
    | --
    | Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    | www.coribright.com
    |
    | "ET" <ET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | > With original XP I had 2 sided printing capability. After
    upgradeding (was
    | > it
    | > really) to SP2 I no longer ahve the 2 sided print feature. Tried
    reloading
    | > HP
    | > drivers but it defaults to windows supplied drivers.
    | >
    | > Any way to get 2 sided printing back?

Drivers Hewlett Packard Deskjet Windows XP