Sign in with
Your question

Display driver for DV9000

Last response: in Windows 8
October 31, 2012 2:50:38 PM

I'm trying to find the display driver for my HP DV 9000 Pavilion laptop.
Can anyone help?

More about : display driver dv9000

October 31, 2012 3:16:28 PM

Thanks, Larry ... but doing so only gives me options to download the Vista drivers for my notebook.

All Windows 8 is giving me is the Non-PnP generic driver, which gives me only 1024x768 resolution.
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
a b * Windows 8
October 31, 2012 3:42:01 PM

why did you install windows 8 before checking for drivers? Can you tell which display it have (nvidia, AMD, intel, etc)?
m
l
October 31, 2012 3:43:27 PM

tpaul said:
Thanks, Larry ... but doing so only gives me options to download the Vista drivers for my notebook.

All Windows 8 is giving me is the Non-PnP generic driver, which gives me only 1024x768 resolution.

Sorry tpaul, I didnt know it was for Win8 but
did you try the vista drivers? Just curious.

m
l
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
a b * Windows 8
October 31, 2012 4:21:21 PM

*I just upgrade my dad's HP DV9736ca laptop. The video drivers that W8 PRO installed were the latest FULL drivers.

The graphics chipset was NVidia 8600GS.

If you don't have the proper drivers, you need to find out your video chipset and go to either INTEL, NVIDIA or AMD and get the drivers for it.

*We could have given you better help if you had provided the graphics chip model.

**Also, go into "Device Manager" and see if any drivers are missing. I had one missing. I Googled it and it turned out it meant the Ricoh Media Device. I just used the 64-bit Vista drivers for the laptop and they worked just fine.
m
l
November 20, 2012 5:46:16 PM

photonboy said:
*I just upgrade my dad's HP DV9736ca laptop. The video drivers that W8 PRO installed were the latest FULL drivers.

If you don't have the proper drivers, you need to find out your video chipset and go to either INTEL, NVIDIA or AMD and get the drivers for it.

*We could have given you better help if you had provided the graphics chip model.

**Also, go into "Device Manager" and see if any drivers are missing. I had one missing. I Googled it and it turned out it meant the Ricoh Media Device. I just used the 64-bit Vista drivers for the laptop and they worked just fine.

Hi photonboy,
There are a few guys out here that would appreciate a more comprehensive description about you managed your win 8 upgrade.
I have a dv9500 with the same graphics chip, a descent Core 2 processor 2.2GHz, 4 Gigs of RAM that's just chomping at the bit to take on Win8.
Just give us the barebones details of what you did (i.e. what was the pre-install OS?, did you upgrade or fresh install?, then sprinkle on a few driver download urls (if you used any) and we'll take it from there.
I'll even ask you nice, "Pretty please with sugar on top".
RA
m
l
November 20, 2012 5:47:42 PM

photonboy said:

Hi photonboy,
There are a few guys out here that would appreciate a more comprehensive description about you managed your win 8 upgrade.
I have a dv9500 with the same graphics chip, a descent Core 2 processor 2.2GHz, 4 Gigs of RAM that's just chomping at the bit to take on Win8.
Just give us the barebones details of what you did (i.e. what was the pre-install OS?, did you upgrade or fresh install?, then sprinkle on a few driver download urls (if you used any) and we'll take it from there.
I'll even ask you nice, "Pretty please with sugar on top".
RA
m
l
December 30, 2012 7:47:59 PM

Nobody stepped up with a solution so I downloaded the free 3 month Win8 trial (enterprise 32bit) from the microsoft site and did a dual install (with vista home premium)and have been using it since mid November everything works straight out the box, except the Fingerprint reader which is recognised at device level but I still haven't found a software application that integrates my particular device into Win 8 a-la-vista.
With the speedup in boot times I am seeing even after installing MS office ,Adobe CS6 master collection antivirus and firewall software 3 browsers, and a whole slew of other general applications, I would certainly recommend any dv9000 owner to give this OS a whirl , I started out mostly ignoring the Metro tiles . despite installing sevral apps, and worked primarily in desktop mode, but I am finding the call of the tile quite alluring especially when the task is clearly delineated in the app label and hence far easier to locate than through the other avenues you will have at your disposal.
Thats my two cents.
& I'm out
RA
m
l
January 4, 2013 1:53:57 AM

tpaul said:
I'm trying to find the display driver for my HP DV 9000 Pavilion laptop.
Can anyone help?

I had the same problem my resolution wouldn't go higher than 1024 x 748 and after looking around for 3 days, I stumbled upon this link and I got my high resolution back!!!!! It got rid of the Microsoft Basic Adapter Display and gave me back my NVidia GEFORCE 7150M DISPLAY.

Here's the link, download it and run it in compatibility mode with windows 7.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_notebook_winvista_...

I hope it helps some if not most of you!!
kudos to mlittle70 for finding this :) 
m
l
!