[EQ1] new spell levels coming?

The class re-envisioning thread on the SOE boards included a plan to
change spell levels so casters would get new spells at every level.
I hadn't yet seen any mention of this going live. But tonight, when
I was checking to see when my SK was due to get more spells, I found
that Allakhazam's spell search seems to have the new levels: it shows
about one new spell per level for SKs (at low levels), and similarly
shows 3-4 spells per level for clerics. Following the links to look
at the Lucy spell view, I found that Lucy still shows the current
level info. I thought those two sites used the same spell data, so
I'm a bit confused.

Then I checked and saw that there's an update coming this week. Any
bets as to whether it will include these spell level changes?

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 54 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 51 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- Teviron, Knight 17 on E. Marr

"Don Woods" <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote in message
| Then I checked and saw that there's an update coming this week. Any
| bets as to whether it will include these spell level changes?

Thats what my guildies are thinking.

After looking at the list on Alla myself, I rather hope it's a joke.
If it isn't someone at Sony really wasnt thinking... and thats just
looking at the Level 20 BL spells.

> What difference does it make when everyone is level 70, except a few
alts
> being powerlevelled.
> Who are sony trying to kid.
Everyone is not level 70. I have been playing for 4 years and the
highest i have is 55 (the old destination vs journey discussion). I see
other people who never played joining up (not like the old days but
they keep coming). If sony were to focus on only 65+ raiding guild
players, then EQ is on its way out.

Jonathan

Don Woods wrote:
> The class re-envisioning thread on the SOE boards included a plan to
> change spell levels so casters would get new spells at every level.
> I hadn't yet seen any mention of this going live. But tonight, when
> I was checking to see when my SK was due to get more spells, I found
> that Allakhazam's spell search seems to have the new levels: it shows
> about one new spell per level for SKs (at low levels), and similarly
> shows 3-4 spells per level for clerics. Following the links to look
> at the Lucy spell view, I found that Lucy still shows the current
> level info. I thought those two sites used the same spell data, so
> I'm a bit confused.
>
> Then I checked and saw that there's an update coming this week. Any
> bets as to whether it will include these spell level changes?

The spell level changes are up on Test. Lucy does have all the info, just
click on Test Server, as opposed to Live Server, in the upper left hand
corner.

--
Sinaiel Soulmerchant
Wraith of Misericordia

> btw, as an aside ... how long did it take them to do your movelog? I

> movelogged my little shammy on Tribunal several weeks ago, and he
hasn't
> shown up yet.
>
> Crash

When povar merged, I movelogged on a sunday nite and was moved by
monday afternoon. maybe yours got "lost". Did you get your movelog in
time (30 days limit to move)

zigipha@hotmail.com wrote:
] Everyone is not level 70. I have been playing for 4 years and the
] highest i have is 55 (the old destination vs journey discussion). I see
] other people who never played joining up (not like the old days but
] they keep coming). If sony were to focus on only 65+ raiding guild
] players, then EQ is on its way out.

I had tried a number of servers. Had about 25 alts at one time. I've
played for a year now. One toon at 14th, several at 11-12, the rest
below 5th.

I started out on Stromm, always lots of new folks there. When I
started a toon on other servers, almost always the toons in glooming
deep mines were twinked. Xegony pok had about 200 toons last
weekend, around the same number as Stromm pok on a busy night.

I would hope that if they are increasing the number of spells
available, the number of casting slots will go up from 8.

JimP.
--
djim70 at tyhe cableone dot net. Disclaimer: Standard.
http://crestar.drivein-jim.net/new.html AD&D May 3, 2005

zigipha@hotmail.com wrote in news:1115745210.630630.56500
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

>> What difference does it make when everyone is level 70, except a few
> alts
>> being powerlevelled.
>> Who are sony trying to kid.
> Everyone is not level 70. I have been playing for 4 years and the
> highest i have is 55 (the old destination vs journey discussion). I see
> other people who never played joining up (not like the old days but
> they keep coming). If sony were to focus on only 65+ raiding guild
> players, then EQ is on its way out.

Same here. Played since 2001, and my highest is 58.

Interestingly enough, I've recently /movelog'ed to Stromm, and I've
encountered a surprising (and refreshing) number of true new lower level
players. I've had to answer questions like, "RFP?" and "Taunt doesn't do
anything, why should I use it?" quite often of late.

If you think they're not there, it's likely only because you're not there
to see them.

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

"Rumbledor" wrote:
> zigipha@hotmail.com wrote in news:1115745210.630630.56500
> @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
>

>>> What difference does it make when everyone is level 70, except a few
>> alts
>>> being powerlevelled.
>>> Who are sony trying to kid.
>> Everyone is not level 70. I have been playing for 4 years and the
>> highest i have is 55 (the old destination vs journey discussion). I see
>> other people who never played joining up (not like the old days but
>> they keep coming). If sony were to focus on only 65+ raiding guild
>> players, then EQ is on its way out.
>>

> Same here. Played since 2001, and my highest is 58.
>
> Interestingly enough, I've recently /movelog'ed to Stromm, and I've
> encountered a surprising (and refreshing) number of true new lower level
> players. I've had to answer questions like, "RFP?" and "Taunt doesn't do
> anything, why should I use it?" quite often of late.
>
> If you think they're not there, it's likely only because you're not there
> to see them.

I agree with you. In fact, it's one of the things that has me playing a lot
more EQ rather than EQ2.

For the record, I've been playing since March 2001 and my highest is 63.

It seems that as a lot of formerly disenfranchised folks (like myself) are
coming back, and they're coming back to lower level alts. I came back in to
a lvl 34 SK (he's 43 now), and I'm having a blast.

What I've noticed since the merge is that the LFG tool yields a lot more
folks 30 - 60 with their LFG flags on. Of course there are a lot of 65 - 70
folks as well, but when I left those level ranges were pretty much all you'd
find LFG (in fact, that was one of the primary reasons I left).

A lot of the older dungeons seem to be getting a workout nowadays as well.
There's always folks in LGuk, and when I popped inot SolA it was busy too.
It's not like it was 'way back when', of course, but spots like that are no
longer the ghost towns they used to be.

"Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com> wrote in

> btw, as an aside ... how long did it take them to do your movelog? I
> movelogged my little shammy on Tribunal several weeks ago, and he
> hasn't shown up yet.

I executed my /movelog a couple of days after my server, Saryrn, merged
with Mith Marr, and it was completed in just a couple of days.

That said, I think that was only like the fourth merger or so, and I
imagine that the move requests are piling up with each subsequent server
merge, possibly faster than they can carry them out.

Several weeks though? That is longer than I would have expected. I'd
probably try petitioning or sending an email to customer service at this
point.

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

Rumbledor <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> writes:
> > btw, as an aside ... how long did it take them to do your movelog? I
> > movelogged my little shammy on Tribunal several weeks ago, and he
> > hasn't shown up yet.
>
> I executed my /movelog a couple of days after my server, Saryrn, merged
> with Mith Marr, and it was completed in just a couple of days.
>
> That said, I think that was only like the fourth merger or so, and I
> imagine that the move requests are piling up with each subsequent server
> merge, possibly faster than they can carry them out.
>
> Several weeks though? That is longer than I would have expected. I'd
> probably try petitioning or sending an email to customer service at this
> point.

Definitely. I put in my /movelog from Xegony the evening after it
merged, May 5, and the characters showed up on EMarr last night,
the 9th. So they're still being quite quick, and you should ask
what happened to yours.

"Don Woods" wrote:
> Rumbledor <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> writes:
>> > btw, as an aside ... how long did it take them to do your movelog? I
>> > movelogged my little shammy on Tribunal several weeks ago, and he
>> > hasn't shown up yet.
>>
>> I executed my /movelog a couple of days after my server, Saryrn, merged
>> with Mith Marr, and it was completed in just a couple of days.
>>
>> That said, I think that was only like the fourth merger or so, and I
>> imagine that the move requests are piling up with each subsequent server
>> merge, possibly faster than they can carry them out.
>>
>> Several weeks though? That is longer than I would have expected. I'd
>> probably try petitioning or sending an email to customer service at this
>> point.
>
> Definitely. I put in my /movelog from Xegony the evening after it
> merged, May 5, and the characters showed up on EMarr last night,
> the 9th. So they're still being quite quick, and you should ask
> what happened to yours.
>
> -- Don.

Ahhh, I think I may have an idea as to what happened.

I did the /movelog before the actual merge.

Crud.

Crash

Rumbledor <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> writes:
> Interestingly enough, I've recently /movelog'ed to Stromm, and I've
> encountered a surprising (and refreshing) number of true new lower level
> players. I've had to answer questions like, "RFP?" and "Taunt doesn't do
> anything, why should I use it?" quite often of late.

RFP?

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 54 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 51 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- Teviron, Knight 17 on E. Marr

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

In article <7wy8amu8yx.fsf@ca.icynic.com>, don-ns@iCynic.com says...
> Rumbledor <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> writes:
> > Interestingly enough, I've recently /movelog'ed to Stromm, and I've
> > encountered a surprising (and refreshing) number of true new lower level
> > players. I've had to answer questions like, "RFP?" and "Taunt doesn't do
> > anything, why should I use it?" quite often of late.
>
> RFP?

I was going to ask that too.

42 <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in

> In article <7wy8amu8yx.fsf@ca.icynic.com>, don-ns@iCynic.com says...
>> Rumbledor <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> writes:
>> > Interestingly enough, I've recently /movelog'ed to Stromm, and I've
>> > encountered a surprising (and refreshing) number of true new lower
>> > level players. I've had to answer questions like, "RFP?" and "Taunt
>> > doesn't do anything, why should I use it?" quite often of late.
>>
>> RFP?
>
> I was going to ask that too.

Sorry, it makes more sense in context. Ready For Pull.

n00b. :p

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

42 wrote:
> In article <7wy8amu8yx.fsf@ca.icynic.com>, don-ns@iCynic.com says...
>
>>Rumbledor <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> writes:
>>
>>>Interestingly enough, I've recently /movelog'ed to Stromm, and I've
>>>encountered a surprising (and refreshing) number of true new lower level
>>>players. I've had to answer questions like, "RFP?" and "Taunt doesn't do
>>>anything, why should I use it?" quite often of late.
>>
>>RFP?
>

> I was going to ask that too.

Never heard it before but I'm guessing it means Ready For Pull.

Tracey

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

In article <Xns9652A05A234CCRumbledorhotmailcom@63.240.76.16>,
Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com says...
> 42 <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in

> >> RFP?
> >
> > I was going to ask that too.
> >

> Sorry, it makes more sense in context. Ready For Pull.
>
> n00b. :p

Ah. We seem to use the more generic 'gtg?' ('good to go?') on my server.

Seeing as you just moved to stromm I wonder what percentage of your noob
questions are the result of your transplanted slang/acronym dialect. :)

42 <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in news:MPG.1ceabeb95221c103989b24@shawnews:

> In article <Xns9652A05A234CCRumbledorhotmailcom@63.240.76.16>,
> Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com says...
>> 42 <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in
>>
>> > In article <7wy8amu8yx.fsf@ca.icynic.com>, don-ns@iCynic.com says...

>> > I was going to ask that too.
>> >

>> Sorry, it makes more sense in context. Ready For Pull.
>>
>> n00b. :p
>>

> Ah. We seem to use the more generic 'gtg?' ('good to go?') on my server.
>
> Seeing as you just moved to stromm I wonder what percentage of your noob
> questions are the result of your transplanted slang/acronym dialect. :)

That is a good point. Hmm. Interesting.

Luckily there were plenty of examples like the taunt question as well. :)

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

Rumbledor <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in

> 42 <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in

>>> RFP?
>>
>> I was going to ask that too.
>>

> Sorry, it makes more sense in context. Ready For Pull.
>
> n00b. :p

Nope, never seen that before. We just use gtg.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Retired
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner, Retired

Jonathan

D.J. wrote:
> I would hope that if they are increasing the number of spells
> available, the number of casting slots will go up from 8.

They aren't increasing the number of spells, they are just dividing the
below 50 spells out so that players get at least one spell every level. As
fa as casting slots go, at level 55 players can purchase an aa for 3 points
that grants an extra spell slot.
--
Sinaiel Soulmerchant
Wraith of Misericordia

]
] They aren't increasing the number of spells, they are just dividing the
] below 50 spells out so that players get at least one spell every level. As

Ah, okay, thanks.

] fa as casting slots go, at level 55 players can purchase an aa for 3 points
] that grants an extra spell slot.

I really don't feel that there are enough spell slots. I'm used to
paper and pencil campaigns, ad&d, that have more spells available
per character per day, and still there aren't enough...

JimP.
--

D.J. <jolly73@boingcableone.net> wrote in

> "Jonathan" <phoenixprince@hotmail.com> wrote:
>] D.J. wrote:
>] > I would hope that if they are increasing the number of spells
>] > available, the number of casting slots will go up from 8.
>]
>] They aren't increasing the number of spells, they are just dividing
>] the below 50 spells out so that players get at least one spell every
>] level. As
>
> Ah, okay, thanks.
>
>] fa as casting slots go, at level 55 players can purchase an aa for 3
>] points that grants an extra spell slot.
>
> I really don't feel that there are enough spell slots. I'm used to
> paper and pencil campaigns, ad&d, that have more spells available
> per character per day, and still there aren't enough...

That's all part of the balance though. You learn which spells you should
keep handy under what circumstances.

--

Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in

> D.J. <jolly73@boingcableone.net> wrote in
>

>> "Jonathan" <phoenixprince@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>] D.J. wrote:
>>] > I would hope that if they are increasing the number of spells
>>] > available, the number of casting slots will go up from 8.
>>]
>>] They aren't increasing the number of spells, they are just dividing
>>] the below 50 spells out so that players get at least one spell every
>>] level. As
>>
>> Ah, okay, thanks.
>>
>>] fa as casting slots go, at level 55 players can purchase an aa for 3
>>] points that grants an extra spell slot.
>>
>> I really don't feel that there are enough spell slots. I'm used to
>> paper and pencil campaigns, ad&d, that have more spells available
>> per character per day, and still there aren't enough...
>>

> That's all part of the balance though. You learn which spells you
> should keep handy under what circumstances.

I agree. Besides, it would be a real pain to have to camp every time I cast
fireball four times. :p

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

Rumbledor <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote:
] Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in
] news:Xns9653858BCB2F3richardrapiernetscap@130.133.1.4:
] > That's all part of the balance though. You learn which spells you
] > should keep handy under what circumstances.

It would mean smaller groups if just one more spell slot was
available at low level. But yeah, picking and choosing for the
possible situation is a requirement regardless of the game.

] I agree. Besides, it would be a real pain to have to camp every time I cast
] fireball four times. :p

Depends on level of the caster in pnp how many of those that can be
cast per day. One player in my old pnp campaign used all of his
spell slots for that level for fireball.

JimP.
--
djim70 at tyhe cableone dot net. Disclaimer: Standard.
http://crestar.drivein-jim.net/new.html AD&D May 3, 2005
http://evergame.drivein-jim.net/blog/ Everquest April 14, 2005
Registered Linux user#185746 http://linux.drivein-jim.net/

On 11 May 2005 19:07:40 GMT, Graeme Faelban
<RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:

>D.J. <jolly73@boingcableone.net> wrote in
>

>> "Jonathan" <phoenixprince@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>] D.J. wrote:
>>] > I would hope that if they are increasing the number of spells
>>] > available, the number of casting slots will go up from 8.
>>]
>>] They aren't increasing the number of spells, they are just dividing
>>] the below 50 spells out so that players get at least one spell every
>>] level. As
>>
>> Ah, okay, thanks.
>>
>>] fa as casting slots go, at level 55 players can purchase an aa for 3
>>] points that grants an extra spell slot.
>>
>> I really don't feel that there are enough spell slots. I'm used to
>> paper and pencil campaigns, ad&d, that have more spells available
>> per character per day, and still there aren't enough...
>>

>That's all part of the balance though. You learn which spells you should
>keep handy under what circumstances.

I dont know,so much has changed,especially the corpse summoning
NPC radically took away all risks left,so why not more spell slots.

For my Cleric,mostly playing puller in Ldon,only 9 slots is a pain:
1.Complete Heal
2.Fast Heal
3.Group Heal
4.Heal over time
5.Yaulp
6.Pacify
7.Stun 1
8.Stun 2
9.Root

I hear there are Clerics out there,who have Divine Barrier memmed all
the time,cant hardly imagine this.
What about buffs or cure spells?Every time someone has a minor disease
I need to swap spells.
And a slot fur a nuke wouldnt be too bad either,15 of 43 AAs on SCF
nearly wasted. =)

Mheldur 65 Cleric