[EQ1] new spell levels coming?

Last response: in Video Games
May 10, 2005 1:14:22 PM

The class re-envisioning thread on the SOE boards included a plan to
change spell levels so casters would get new spells at every level.
I hadn't yet seen any mention of this going live. But tonight, when
I was checking to see when my SK was due to get more spells, I found
that Allakhazam's spell search seems to have the new levels: it shows
about one new spell per level for SKs (at low levels), and similarly
shows 3-4 spells per level for clerics. Following the links to look
at the Lucy spell view, I found that Lucy still shows the current
level info. I thought those two sites used the same spell data, so
I'm a bit confused.

Then I checked and saw that there's an update coming this week. Any
bets as to whether it will include these spell level changes?

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 54 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 51 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- Teviron, Knight 17 on E. Marr
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 1:14:23 PM

"Don Woods" <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote in message
| Then I checked and saw that there's an update coming this week. Any
| bets as to whether it will include these spell level changes?

Thats what my guildies are thinking.

After looking at the list on Alla myself, I rather hope it's a joke.
If it isn't someone at Sony really wasnt thinking... and thats just
looking at the Level 20 BL spells.
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 2:13:30 PM

> What difference does it make when everyone is level 70, except a few
alts
> being powerlevelled.
> Who are sony trying to kid.
Everyone is not level 70. I have been playing for 4 years and the
highest i have is 55 (the old destination vs journey discussion). I see
other people who never played joining up (not like the old days but
they keep coming). If sony were to focus on only 65+ raiding guild
players, then EQ is on its way out.
Related resources
May 10, 2005 4:38:08 PM

Don Woods wrote:
> The class re-envisioning thread on the SOE boards included a plan to
> change spell levels so casters would get new spells at every level.
> I hadn't yet seen any mention of this going live. But tonight, when
> I was checking to see when my SK was due to get more spells, I found
> that Allakhazam's spell search seems to have the new levels: it shows
> about one new spell per level for SKs (at low levels), and similarly
> shows 3-4 spells per level for clerics. Following the links to look
> at the Lucy spell view, I found that Lucy still shows the current
> level info. I thought those two sites used the same spell data, so
> I'm a bit confused.
>
> Then I checked and saw that there's an update coming this week. Any
> bets as to whether it will include these spell level changes?

The spell level changes are up on Test. Lucy does have all the info, just
click on Test Server, as opposed to Live Server, in the upper left hand
corner.

--
Sinaiel Soulmerchant
Wraith of Misericordia

> btw, as an aside ... how long did it take them to do your movelog? I

> movelogged my little shammy on Tribunal several weeks ago, and he
hasn't
> shown up yet.
>
> Crash

When povar merged, I movelogged on a sunday nite and was moved by
monday afternoon. maybe yours got "lost". Did you get your movelog in
time (30 days limit to move)
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 8:29:27 PM

zigipha@hotmail.com wrote:
] Everyone is not level 70. I have been playing for 4 years and the
] highest i have is 55 (the old destination vs journey discussion). I see
] other people who never played joining up (not like the old days but
] they keep coming). If sony were to focus on only 65+ raiding guild
] players, then EQ is on its way out.

I had tried a number of servers. Had about 25 alts at one time. I've
played for a year now. One toon at 14th, several at 11-12, the rest
below 5th.

I started out on Stromm, always lots of new folks there. When I
started a toon on other servers, almost always the toons in glooming
deep mines were twinked. Xegony pok had about 200 toons last
weekend, around the same number as Stromm pok on a busy night.

I would hope that if they are increasing the number of spells
available, the number of casting slots will go up from 8.

JimP.
--
djim70 at tyhe cableone dot net. Disclaimer: Standard.
http://crestar.drivein-jim.net/new.html AD&D May 3, 2005

"Don Woods" <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote in message
> The class re-envisioning thread on the SOE boards included a plan to
> change spell levels so casters would get new spells at every level.
> I hadn't yet seen any mention of this going live. But tonight, when
> I was checking to see when my SK was due to get more spells, I found
> that Allakhazam's spell search seems to have the new levels: it shows
> about one new spell per level for SKs (at low levels), and similarly
> shows 3-4 spells per level for clerics. Following the links to look
> at the Lucy spell view, I found that Lucy still shows the current
> level info. I thought those two sites used the same spell data, so
> I'm a bit confused.
>
> Then I checked and saw that there's an update coming this week. Any
> bets as to whether it will include these spell level changes?

What difference does it make when everyone is level 70, except a few alts
being powerlevelled.
Who are sony trying to kid.
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 9:48:47 PM

zigipha@hotmail.com wrote in news:1115745210.630630.56500
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

>> What difference does it make when everyone is level 70, except a few
> alts
>> being powerlevelled.
>> Who are sony trying to kid.
> Everyone is not level 70. I have been playing for 4 years and the
> highest i have is 55 (the old destination vs journey discussion). I see
> other people who never played joining up (not like the old days but
> they keep coming). If sony were to focus on only 65+ raiding guild
> players, then EQ is on its way out.

Same here. Played since 2001, and my highest is 58.

Interestingly enough, I've recently /movelog'ed to Stromm, and I've
encountered a surprising (and refreshing) number of true new lower level
players. I've had to answer questions like, "RFP?" and "Taunt doesn't do
anything, why should I use it?" quite often of late.

If you think they're not there, it's likely only because you're not there
to see them.

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

"Rumbledor" wrote:
> zigipha@hotmail.com wrote in news:1115745210.630630.56500
> @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
>

>>> What difference does it make when everyone is level 70, except a few
>> alts
>>> being powerlevelled.
>>> Who are sony trying to kid.
>> Everyone is not level 70. I have been playing for 4 years and the
>> highest i have is 55 (the old destination vs journey discussion). I see
>> other people who never played joining up (not like the old days but
>> they keep coming). If sony were to focus on only 65+ raiding guild
>> players, then EQ is on its way out.
>>

> Same here. Played since 2001, and my highest is 58.
>
> Interestingly enough, I've recently /movelog'ed to Stromm, and I've
> encountered a surprising (and refreshing) number of true new lower level
> players. I've had to answer questions like, "RFP?" and "Taunt doesn't do
> anything, why should I use it?" quite often of late.
>
> If you think they're not there, it's likely only because you're not there
> to see them.

I agree with you. In fact, it's one of the things that has me playing a lot
more EQ rather than EQ2.

For the record, I've been playing since March 2001 and my highest is 63.

It seems that as a lot of formerly disenfranchised folks (like myself) are
coming back, and they're coming back to lower level alts. I came back in to
a lvl 34 SK (he's 43 now), and I'm having a blast.

What I've noticed since the merge is that the LFG tool yields a lot more
folks 30 - 60 with their LFG flags on. Of course there are a lot of 65 - 70
folks as well, but when I left those level ranges were pretty much all you'd
find LFG (in fact, that was one of the primary reasons I left).

A lot of the older dungeons seem to be getting a workout nowadays as well.
There's always folks in LGuk, and when I popped inot SolA it was busy too.
It's not like it was 'way back when', of course, but spots like that are no
longer the ghost towns they used to be.

btw, as an aside ... how long did it take them to do your movelog? I
movelogged my little shammy on Tribunal several weeks ago, and he hasn't
shown up yet.

Crash
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 11:34:01 PM

"Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com> wrote in

> btw, as an aside ... how long did it take them to do your movelog? I
> movelogged my little shammy on Tribunal several weeks ago, and he
> hasn't shown up yet.

I executed my /movelog a couple of days after my server, Saryrn, merged
with Mith Marr, and it was completed in just a couple of days.

That said, I think that was only like the fourth merger or so, and I
imagine that the move requests are piling up with each subsequent server
merge, possibly faster than they can carry them out.

Several weeks though? That is longer than I would have expected. I'd
probably try petitioning or sending an email to customer service at this
point.

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

Rumbledor <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> writes:
> > btw, as an aside ... how long did it take them to do your movelog? I
> > movelogged my little shammy on Tribunal several weeks ago, and he
> > hasn't shown up yet.
>
> I executed my /movelog a couple of days after my server, Saryrn, merged
> with Mith Marr, and it was completed in just a couple of days.
>
> That said, I think that was only like the fourth merger or so, and I
> imagine that the move requests are piling up with each subsequent server
> merge, possibly faster than they can carry them out.
>
> Several weeks though? That is longer than I would have expected. I'd
> probably try petitioning or sending an email to customer service at this
> point.

Definitely. I put in my /movelog from Xegony the evening after it
merged, May 5, and the characters showed up on EMarr last night,
the 9th. So they're still being quite quick, and you should ask
what happened to yours.

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 54 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 51 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- Teviron, Knight 17 on E. Marr
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 12:20:08 AM

"Don Woods" wrote:
> Rumbledor <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> writes:
>> > btw, as an aside ... how long did it take them to do your movelog? I
>> > movelogged my little shammy on Tribunal several weeks ago, and he
>> > hasn't shown up yet.
>>
>> I executed my /movelog a couple of days after my server, Saryrn, merged
>> with Mith Marr, and it was completed in just a couple of days.
>>
>> That said, I think that was only like the fourth merger or so, and I
>> imagine that the move requests are piling up with each subsequent server
>> merge, possibly faster than they can carry them out.
>>
>> Several weeks though? That is longer than I would have expected. I'd
>> probably try petitioning or sending an email to customer service at this
>> point.
>
> Definitely. I put in my /movelog from Xegony the evening after it
> merged, May 5, and the characters showed up on EMarr last night,
> the 9th. So they're still being quite quick, and you should ask
> what happened to yours.
>
> -- Don.

Ahhh, I think I may have an idea as to what happened.

I did the /movelog before the actual merge.

Crud.

Crash
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 12:22:47 AM

Rumbledor <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> writes:
> Interestingly enough, I've recently /movelog'ed to Stromm, and I've
> encountered a surprising (and refreshing) number of true new lower level
> players. I've had to answer questions like, "RFP?" and "Taunt doesn't do
> anything, why should I use it?" quite often of late.

RFP?

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 54 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 51 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- Teviron, Knight 17 on E. Marr
May 11, 2005 12:37:38 AM

In article <7wy8amu8yx.fsf@ca.icynic.com>, don-ns@iCynic.com says...
> Rumbledor <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> writes:
> > Interestingly enough, I've recently /movelog'ed to Stromm, and I've
> > encountered a surprising (and refreshing) number of true new lower level
> > players. I've had to answer questions like, "RFP?" and "Taunt doesn't do
> > anything, why should I use it?" quite often of late.
>
> RFP?

I was going to ask that too.
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 12:45:46 AM

42 <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in

> In article <7wy8amu8yx.fsf@ca.icynic.com>, don-ns@iCynic.com says...
>> Rumbledor <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> writes:
>> > Interestingly enough, I've recently /movelog'ed to Stromm, and I've
>> > encountered a surprising (and refreshing) number of true new lower
>> > level players. I've had to answer questions like, "RFP?" and "Taunt
>> > doesn't do anything, why should I use it?" quite often of late.
>>
>> RFP?
>
> I was going to ask that too.

Sorry, it makes more sense in context. Ready For Pull.

n00b. :p

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

42 wrote:
> In article <7wy8amu8yx.fsf@ca.icynic.com>, don-ns@iCynic.com says...
>
>>Rumbledor <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> writes:
>>
>>>Interestingly enough, I've recently /movelog'ed to Stromm, and I've
>>>encountered a surprising (and refreshing) number of true new lower level
>>>players. I've had to answer questions like, "RFP?" and "Taunt doesn't do
>>>anything, why should I use it?" quite often of late.
>>
>>RFP?
>

> I was going to ask that too.

Never heard it before but I'm guessing it means Ready For Pull.

Tracey
May 11, 2005 12:51:38 AM

In article <Xns9652A05A234CCRumbledorhotmailcom@63.240.76.16>,
Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com says...
> 42 <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in

> >> RFP?
> >
> > I was going to ask that too.
> >

> Sorry, it makes more sense in context. Ready For Pull.
>
> n00b. :p

Ah. We seem to use the more generic 'gtg?' ('good to go?') on my server.

Seeing as you just moved to stromm I wonder what percentage of your noob
questions are the result of your transplanted slang/acronym dialect. :)
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 12:56:14 AM

42 <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in news:MPG.1ceabeb95221c103989b24@shawnews:

> In article <Xns9652A05A234CCRumbledorhotmailcom@63.240.76.16>,
> Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com says...
>> 42 <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in
>>
>> > In article <7wy8amu8yx.fsf@ca.icynic.com>, don-ns@iCynic.com says...

>> > I was going to ask that too.
>> >

>> Sorry, it makes more sense in context. Ready For Pull.
>>
>> n00b. :p
>>

> Ah. We seem to use the more generic 'gtg?' ('good to go?') on my server.
>
> Seeing as you just moved to stromm I wonder what percentage of your noob
> questions are the result of your transplanted slang/acronym dialect. :)

That is a good point. Hmm. Interesting.

Luckily there were plenty of examples like the taunt question as well. :)

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

Rumbledor <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in

> 42 <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in

>>> RFP?
>>
>> I was going to ask that too.
>>

> Sorry, it makes more sense in context. Ready For Pull.
>
> n00b. :p

Nope, never seen that before. We just use gtg.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Retired
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner, Retired
May 11, 2005 4:39:24 PM

D.J. wrote:
> I would hope that if they are increasing the number of spells
> available, the number of casting slots will go up from 8.

They aren't increasing the number of spells, they are just dividing the
below 50 spells out so that players get at least one spell every level. As
fa as casting slots go, at level 55 players can purchase an aa for 3 points
that grants an extra spell slot.
--
Sinaiel Soulmerchant
Wraith of Misericordia

]
] They aren't increasing the number of spells, they are just dividing the
] below 50 spells out so that players get at least one spell every level. As

Ah, okay, thanks.

] fa as casting slots go, at level 55 players can purchase an aa for 3 points
] that grants an extra spell slot.

I really don't feel that there are enough spell slots. I'm used to
paper and pencil campaigns, ad&d, that have more spells available
per character per day, and still there aren't enough...

JimP.
--
djim70 at tyhe cableone dot net. Disclaimer: Standard.
http://crestar.drivein-jim.net/new.html AD&D May 3, 2005
http://evergame.drivein-jim.net/blog/ Everquest April 14, 2005
Registered Linux user#185746 http://linux.drivein-jim.net/
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 11:07:40 PM

D.J. <jolly73@boingcableone.net> wrote in

> "Jonathan" <phoenixprince@hotmail.com> wrote:
>] D.J. wrote:
>] > I would hope that if they are increasing the number of spells
>] > available, the number of casting slots will go up from 8.
>]
>] They aren't increasing the number of spells, they are just dividing
>] the below 50 spells out so that players get at least one spell every
>] level. As
>
> Ah, okay, thanks.
>
>] fa as casting slots go, at level 55 players can purchase an aa for 3
>] points that grants an extra spell slot.
>
> I really don't feel that there are enough spell slots. I'm used to
> paper and pencil campaigns, ad&d, that have more spells available
> per character per day, and still there aren't enough...

That's all part of the balance though. You learn which spells you should
keep handy under what circumstances.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Retired
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner, Retired
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 11:29:48 PM

Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in

> D.J. <jolly73@boingcableone.net> wrote in
>

>> "Jonathan" <phoenixprince@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>] D.J. wrote:
>>] > I would hope that if they are increasing the number of spells
>>] > available, the number of casting slots will go up from 8.
>>]
>>] They aren't increasing the number of spells, they are just dividing
>>] the below 50 spells out so that players get at least one spell every
>>] level. As
>>
>> Ah, okay, thanks.
>>
>>] fa as casting slots go, at level 55 players can purchase an aa for 3
>>] points that grants an extra spell slot.
>>
>> I really don't feel that there are enough spell slots. I'm used to
>> paper and pencil campaigns, ad&d, that have more spells available
>> per character per day, and still there aren't enough...
>>

> That's all part of the balance though. You learn which spells you
> should keep handy under what circumstances.

I agree. Besides, it would be a real pain to have to camp every time I cast
fireball four times. :p

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

Rumbledor <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote:
] Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in
] news:Xns9653858BCB2F3richardrapiernetscap@130.133.1.4:
] > That's all part of the balance though. You learn which spells you
] > should keep handy under what circumstances.

It would mean smaller groups if just one more spell slot was
available at low level. But yeah, picking and choosing for the
possible situation is a requirement regardless of the game.

] I agree. Besides, it would be a real pain to have to camp every time I cast
] fireball four times. :p

Depends on level of the caster in pnp how many of those that can be
cast per day. One player in my old pnp campaign used all of his
spell slots for that level for fireball.

JimP.
--
djim70 at tyhe cableone dot net. Disclaimer: Standard.
http://crestar.drivein-jim.net/new.html AD&D May 3, 2005
http://evergame.drivein-jim.net/blog/ Everquest April 14, 2005
Registered Linux user#185746 http://linux.drivein-jim.net/
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 8:25:18 AM

On 11 May 2005 19:07:40 GMT, Graeme Faelban
<RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:

>D.J. <jolly73@boingcableone.net> wrote in
>

>> "Jonathan" <phoenixprince@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>] D.J. wrote:
>>] > I would hope that if they are increasing the number of spells
>>] > available, the number of casting slots will go up from 8.
>>]
>>] They aren't increasing the number of spells, they are just dividing
>>] the below 50 spells out so that players get at least one spell every
>>] level. As
>>
>> Ah, okay, thanks.
>>
>>] fa as casting slots go, at level 55 players can purchase an aa for 3
>>] points that grants an extra spell slot.
>>
>> I really don't feel that there are enough spell slots. I'm used to
>> paper and pencil campaigns, ad&d, that have more spells available
>> per character per day, and still there aren't enough...
>>

>That's all part of the balance though. You learn which spells you should
>keep handy under what circumstances.

I dont know,so much has changed,especially the corpse summoning
NPC radically took away all risks left,so why not more spell slots.

For my Cleric,mostly playing puller in Ldon,only 9 slots is a pain:
1.Complete Heal
2.Fast Heal
3.Group Heal
4.Heal over time
5.Yaulp
6.Pacify
7.Stun 1
8.Stun 2
9.Root

I hear there are Clerics out there,who have Divine Barrier memmed all
the time,cant hardly imagine this.
What about buffs or cure spells?Every time someone has a minor disease
I need to swap spells.
And a slot fur a nuke wouldnt be too bad either,15 of 43 AAs on SCF
nearly wasted. =)

Mheldur 65 Cleric
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 8:25:19 AM

DOT damage has been cut by 50% seemingly across the board.
Swarming death did 250 now it does 102, Winged Death did 140 now it does 66.
Mana cost is the same, duration is the same, oh yeah cast time is less BFD.

WTF are these guys thinking? No need for ports what with POK
Maguses and Guild hall, can't solo because we can't DOT and anything
worth killing summons... This is bullshit. A level 63 DOT that does
102 damage per tick??? Give me a break already.
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 9:15:42 AM

wrat@panix.com (the wharf rat) wrote in
news:D 5ugn9$egu$1@reader1.panix.com:

> DOT damage has been cut by 50% seemingly across the board.
> Swarming death did 250 now it does 102, Winged Death did 140 now it
> does 66. Mana cost is the same, duration is the same, oh yeah cast
> time is less BFD.
>
> WTF are these guys thinking? No need for ports what with POK
> Maguses and Guild hall, can't solo because we can't DOT and anything
> worth killing summons... This is bullshit. A level 63 DOT that does
> 102 damage per tick??? Give me a break already.

All priest classes shall heal equally. You will be assimilated. Resistance
is futile.

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

On Thu, 12 May 2005 02:57:45 +0000 (UTC), wrat@panix.com (the wharf rat) wrote:

> DOT damage has been cut by 50% seemingly across the board.
>Swarming death did 250 now it does 102, Winged Death did 140 now it does 66.
>Mana cost is the same, duration is the same, oh yeah cast time is less BFD.

Something doesn't jibe.

Lucy says Winged Death went from 240/tick to 216 (level 63) to 224 (level 67).
Duration went from 6 ticks to 9 ticks.

<http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=3446&source=Li...;

Not counting AAs and specializations, it went from 1440 total damage, 40 DPS,
4.11 dmg/mana to (level 63) 1944 total damage, 36 DPS, 5.45 dmg/mana. Pretty
good deal for only 7 more mana. The reduction in cast time is also very nice for
kiting classes so, yeah, it IS a BFD.

Similar numbers for Winged Death:
<http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=1601&source=Li...;

Either Lucy is wrong (unlikely) or the in-game descriptions are wrong (wouldn't
be the first time). Did you turn on dot damage messages to see what the real
deal is?
May 12, 2005 3:41:24 PM

wrat@panix.com (the wharf rat) writes:

> DOT damage has been cut by 50% seemingly across the board.
> Swarming death did 250 now it does 102, Winged Death did 140 now it does 66.
> Mana cost is the same, duration is the same, oh yeah cast time is less BFD.

According to Lucy, Swarming death has had its damage reduced by less
than 10% per tick (to 224), but duration increased by 50% (six ticks
to nine) and mana cost increased by 7. Winged death lost ~15% damage
per tick but also became ~35% cheaper to cast. I can't check in game
because I don't have internet access at the moment, and don't have a
druid anyway, is Lucy no longer reliable?
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 3:41:25 PM

In article <87acn0dbnf.fsf@pluto.elizium.org>, <patrik@nordebo.com> wrote:
>According to Lucy, Swarming death has had its damage reduced by less
>than 10% per tick (to 224), but duration increased by 50% (six ticks
>to nine) and mana cost increased by 7. Winged death lost ~15% damage
>per tick but also became ~35% cheaper to cast. I can't check in game
>because I don't have internet access at the moment, and don't have a
>druid anyway, is Lucy no longer reliable?

The ingame descriptions say winged Death does 66 damage per tick...
That's down from 140... Swarming Death is 54 seconds, maybe I'm getting old
but it was _always_ 54 seconds.
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 3:41:26 PM

In article <d5vass$rdq$1@reader1.panix.com>,
the wharf rat <wrat@panix.com> wrote:
>In article <87acn0dbnf.fsf@pluto.elizium.org>, <patrik@nordebo.com> wrote:
> The ingame descriptions say winged Death does 66 damage per tick...
>That's down from 140... Swarming Death is 54 seconds, maybe I'm getting old
>but it was _always_ 54 seconds.

Also, the damage used to be fixed: 140/tick or whatever. Now
it's a range: 102-2xx
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 3:41:27 PM

In article <d5vbdd$ljn$1@reader1.panix.com>,
the wharf rat <wrat@panix.com> wrote:

> Also, the damage used to be fixed: 140/tick or whatever. Now
>it's a range: 102-2xx

Swarming: 102-225, vs 240
Winged: 66, vs 140
Immolation of ro: 32-140 vs 140

And of course, it's time for the patch patch now... Fooey
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 4:13:20 PM

the wharf rat wrote:
> In article <d5vbdd$ljn$1@reader1.panix.com>,
> the wharf rat <wrat@panix.com> wrote:
>
>> Also, the damage used to be fixed: 140/tick or whatever. Now
>>it's a range: 102-2xx
>>

> Swarming: 102-225, vs 240
> Winged: 66, vs 140
> Immolation of ro: 32-140 vs 140
>
> And of course, it's time for the patch patch now... Fooey

It's been a while since i played, but i suspected they hated druids ever since i found a mass of very green mobs that
could summon and kill me by generating mass interrupts. Like being pecked to death by pigeons, only less fun. Gating
into GoD with my new spell was interesting too... something big aggroed, i ran, it summoned, rinse, repeat, then it
killed me and the awful thing was, it was blue and wasn't even a named mob.

I quit soon after that.

But there's always been someone there who hated druids. Why make wolf form kos in halas and other cities? If it was
because animals were seen as enemies, surely wolf form would be kos everywhere! It wasn't wolves that were hated, it was
druids.
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 6:25:38 PM

Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in

> On 11 May 2005 19:07:40 GMT, Graeme Faelban
> <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
>
>>D.J. <jolly73@boingcableone.net> wrote in
>>

>>> "Jonathan" <phoenixprince@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>] D.J. wrote:
>>>] > I would hope that if they are increasing the number of spells
>>>] > available, the number of casting slots will go up from 8.
>>>]
>>>] They aren't increasing the number of spells, they are just dividing
>>>] the below 50 spells out so that players get at least one spell
>>>] every level. As
>>>
>>> Ah, okay, thanks.
>>>
>>>] fa as casting slots go, at level 55 players can purchase an aa for
>>>] 3 points that grants an extra spell slot.
>>>
>>> I really don't feel that there are enough spell slots. I'm used to
>>> paper and pencil campaigns, ad&d, that have more spells available
>>> per character per day, and still there aren't enough...
>>>

>>That's all part of the balance though. You learn which spells you
>>should keep handy under what circumstances.
>
> I dont know,so much has changed,especially the corpse summoning
> NPC radically took away all risks left,so why not more spell slots.
>
> For my Cleric,mostly playing puller in Ldon,only 9 slots is a pain:
> 1.Complete Heal
> 2.Fast Heal
> 3.Group Heal
> 4.Heal over time
> 5.Yaulp
> 6.Pacify
> 7.Stun 1
> 8.Stun 2
> 9.Root
>
> I hear there are Clerics out there,who have Divine Barrier memmed all
> the time,cant hardly imagine this.
> What about buffs or cure spells?Every time someone has a minor disease
> I need to swap spells.
> And a slot fur a nuke wouldnt be too bad either,15 of 43 AAs on SCF
> nearly wasted. =)

Clickies are your friend. I have clicky Abolish Disease, and clicky
Remove Greater Curse, as well as swappable equipment for clicky Swift
Like the Wind. I need to get clicky root one of these days too.

In general though, I keep one spell slot as my general purpose swap in
whatever I need for this occasion slot, and a few others that I do swap
for raiding vs xping with a group, or soloing. Mind you, I don't have as
many heals to choose from, I keep two memmed all the time, but, I do have
debuffs and such that I keep handy instead.

1. Malos
2. Root (nonraid) or Malosinia (raid)
3. Yoppas Mending
4. Utility slot (Malicious decay, buff slot, anything else I need
situationally)
5. Cannibalize
6. Poison DoT or Ferine Avatar situationally
7. Turgurs Insects
8. Quiescence (until I get my level 70 HoT)
9. Sisslak (curse based DoT)

Only ones of those that I never swap out are 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, the rest are
situationally swapped when I know what to expect.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Retired
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner, Retired
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 6:30:26 PM

Shadow <na@na.na> wrote in

> the wharf rat wrote:
>> In article <d5vbdd$ljn$1@reader1.panix.com>, the wharf rat
>> <wrat@panix.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Also, the damage used to be fixed: 140/tick or whatever. Now
>>>it's a range: 102-2xx
>>
>> Swarming: 102-225, vs 240
>> Winged: 66, vs 140
>> Immolation of ro: 32-140 vs 140
>>
>> And of course, it's time for the patch patch now... Fooey
>
> It's been a while since i played, but i suspected they hated druids
> ever since i found a mass of very green mobs that could summon and
> kill me by generating mass interrupts. Like being pecked to death by
> pigeons, only less fun. Gating into GoD with my new spell was
> interesting too... something big aggroed, i ran, it summoned, rinse,
> repeat, then it killed me and the awful thing was, it was blue and
> wasn't even a named mob.

The port in spot is nonaggro in all GoD zones, someone pulled that mob
there, and probably died to it.

There are plenty of places with nonsummoning blue to level 70 mobs to
kill yet.

I am kind of dreading logging in and checking out my DoTs now.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Retired
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner, Retired
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 6:30:27 PM

"Graeme Faelban" wrote:

> I am kind of dreading logging in and checking out my DoTs now.

I didn't play my druid or necro last night, but I did pull up my 43 SK.
From his point of view, the changes made his little DoTs more effective.

He's plowing through mobs in Gunthak outside of the entrance to Nadox.
Whereas before there were enough mobs in the general area to keep him
occupied, with the new DoT changes he was having to pull from deeper in the
tunnels once his normal pattern of mobs was exhausted.

fwiw

Crash
May 12, 2005 9:38:10 PM

Meldur wrote:
> For my Cleric,mostly playing puller in Ldon,only 9 slots is a pain:
> 1.Complete Heal
> 2.Fast Heal
> 3.Group Heal
> 4.Heal over time
> 5.Yaulp
> 6.Pacify
> 7.Stun 1
> 8.Stun 2
> 9.Root
>
> I hear there are Clerics out there,who have Divine Barrier memmed all
> the time,cant hardly imagine this.
> What about buffs or cure spells?Every time someone has a minor disease
> I need to swap spells.
> And a slot fur a nuke wouldnt be too bad either,15 of 43 AAs on SCF
> nearly wasted. =)
For my cleric alt I always have:
1. Fast Heal (Remedy Line)
2. Big Heal (Light Line)
3. Heal Over Time (Elixer Line)
4. Complete Heal
5. Root
6. ---
7. ---
8. ---
9. Divine Barrier

6,7, and 8 are the spots I mix in utility spells. Almost always a stun in
there, usually a nuke, and yalp if I am going to melee. For cures use
Radiant Cure, and buffs last long enough that they can be swapped in at the
start of a group or as needed.
--
Sinaiel Soulmerchant
Wraith of Misericordia

On Tue, 10 May 2005 20:51:38 GMT, 42 <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>In article <Xns9652A05A234CCRumbledorhotmailcom@63.240.76.16>,
>Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com says...
>> 42 <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in
>>
>> > In article <7wy8amu8yx.fsf@ca.icynic.com>, don-ns@iCynic.com says...

>> > I was going to ask that too.
>> >

>> Sorry, it makes more sense in context. Ready For Pull.
>>
>> n00b. :p
>>

>Ah. We seem to use the more generic 'gtg?' ('good to go?') on my server.
>
>Seeing as you just moved to stromm I wonder what percentage of your noob
>questions are the result of your transplanted slang/acronym dialect. :)

rtr "ready to rock" here. but gtg is pretty obvious. rfp was not so
obvious.

~F
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 1:54:17 AM

Faeandar <mr_castalot@yahoo.com> wrote in

> On Tue, 10 May 2005 20:51:38 GMT, 42 <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>In article <Xns9652A05A234CCRumbledorhotmailcom@63.240.76.16>,
>>Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com says...
>>> 42 <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in

>>> Sorry, it makes more sense in context. Ready For Pull.
>>>
>>> n00b. :p
>>>

>>Ah. We seem to use the more generic 'gtg?' ('good to go?') on my
>>server.
>>
>>Seeing as you just moved to stromm I wonder what percentage of your
>>noob questions are the result of your transplanted slang/acronym
>>dialect. :)
>

> rtr "ready to rock" here. but gtg is pretty obvious. rfp was not so
> obvious.

Yeah, that one was my bad. The two servers I've spent any significant
time on to date (FV and Saryrn) observed RFP as the common convention. I
forget that there is a level of individuality among the various servers
regarding protocols and standards.

Come to think of it, one of the people in that same group actually used
the term "gtg", and I didn't pick up on it. I'm such a n00b...again. :p

It's kind of nice, actually, as long as I can avoid coming off like some
kind of uninformed pompous jerk. Wish me luck there. ;)

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

> I had tried a number of servers. Had about 25 alts at one time. I've
> played for a year now. One toon at 14th, several at 11-12, the rest
> below 5th.

Sounds like my son.. he seemed to try out every combination of
class/race on all the different servers and stop playing when he hit
4-5. The running joke was that he was able to consistenly gain 15
levels in one day (starting at one and on multiple toons).
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 12:17:21 PM

the wharf rat wrote:
> DOT damage has been cut by 50% seemingly across the board.
> Swarming death did 250 now it does 102, Winged Death did 140 now it
does 66.
> Mana cost is the same, duration is the same, oh yeah cast time is
less BFD.

I logged on my necro 41, and venom of snake went from 60/tick to
110-125 a tick. With focus effects, that ~800 dmg for 150
mana..woot!!!!

Other dots were about the same, and DDs were the same as well, but i
have not checked them all out.
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 6:31:39 PM

> Faeandar <mr_castalot@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
>> On Tue, 10 May 2005 20:51:38 GMT, 42 <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
>>
>>>In article <Xns9652A05A234CCRumbledorhotmailcom@63.240.76.16>,
>>>Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com says...

>>>Ah. We seem to use the more generic 'gtg?' ('good to go?') on my
>>>server.
>>>
>>>Seeing as you just moved to stromm I wonder what percentage of your
>>>noob questions are the result of your transplanted slang/acronym
>>>dialect. :)
>>

>> rtr "ready to rock" here. but gtg is pretty obvious. rfp was not so
>> obvious.
>>

> Yeah, that one was my bad. The two servers I've spent any significant
> time on to date (FV and Saryrn) observed RFP as the common convention.
> forget that there is a level of individuality among the various servers
> regarding protocols and standards.
>
> Come to think of it, one of the people in that same group actually used
> the term "gtg", and I didn't pick up on it. I'm such a n00b...again. :p
>
> It's kind of nice, actually, as long as I can avoid coming off like
some
> kind of uninformed pompous jerk. Wish me luck there. ;)

Keep trying, you'll eventually get it right :b

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Retired
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner, Retired
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 7:34:07 PM

"Jonathan" <phoenixprince@hotmail.com> wrote:
] They aren't increasing the number of spells, they are just dividing the
] below 50 spells out so that players get at least one spell every level. As

So is there a list somewhere of how the spells are rearrainged ?

I know that druids can now cast sow at 10th level instead of 15th
level.

JimP.
--
djim70 at tyhe cableone dot net. Disclaimer: Standard.
http://crestar.drivein-jim.net/new.html AD&D May 3, 2005
http://evergame.drivein-jim.net/blog/ Everquest April 14, 2005
Registered Linux user#185746 http://linux.drivein-jim.net/
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 7:34:39 PM

zigipha@hotmail.com wrote in news:1115997441.334167.32220
@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> the wharf rat wrote:
>> DOT damage has been cut by 50% seemingly across the board.
>> Swarming death did 250 now it does 102, Winged Death did 140 now it
>> does 66. Mana cost is the same, duration is the same, oh yeah cast
>> time is less BFD.
>>

> I logged on my necro 41, and venom of snake went from 60/tick to
> 110-125 a tick. With focus effects, that ~800 dmg for 150
> mana..woot!!!!
>
> Other dots were about the same, and DDs were the same as well, but i
> have not checked them all out.

I was quite pleasantly surprised by the changes in the shaman DoTs as
well.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Retired
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner, Retired
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 8:42:33 PM

> zigipha@hotmail.com wrote in news:1115997441.334167.32220
> @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>

>> the wharf rat wrote:
>>> DOT damage has been cut by 50% seemingly across the board.
>>> Swarming death did 250 now it does 102, Winged Death did 140 now it
>>> does 66. Mana cost is the same, duration is the same, oh yeah cast
>>> time is less BFD.
>>>

>> I logged on my necro 41, and venom of snake went from 60/tick to
>> 110-125 a tick. With focus effects, that ~800 dmg for 150
>> mana..woot!!!!
>>
>> Other dots were about the same, and DDs were the same as well, but i
>> have not checked them all out.
>>

> I was quite pleasantly surprised by the changes in the shaman DoTs as
> well.

The Shaman's Crucible regulars seem to be pretty disgusted by the changes
for some reason. I think the concensus is that the soloing shaman took an
unacceptable hit to their DoT efficiency. I thought it was a great change
for the grouping shaman, though.

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

> Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in
>
>> zigipha@hotmail.com wrote in news:1115997441.334167.32220
>> @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

>>> I logged on my necro 41, and venom of snake went from 60/tick to
>>> 110-125 a tick. With focus effects, that ~800 dmg for 150
>>> mana..woot!!!!
>>>
>>> Other dots were about the same, and DDs were the same as well, but i
>>> have not checked them all out.
>>>

>> I was quite pleasantly surprised by the changes in the shaman DoTs as
>> well.
>>

> The Shaman's Crucible regulars seem to be pretty disgusted by the
> changes for some reason. I think the concensus is that the soloing
> shaman took an unacceptable hit to their DoT efficiency. I thought it
> was a great change for the grouping shaman, though.

They lowered the recast time on canni so mana regen is now higher. I did
not run the numbers on the actual efficiency of the DoTs, just noted that
my best curse spell is doing more damage per tick than it used to.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Retired
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner, Retired
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 9:41:54 PM

On 12 May 2005 14:25:38 GMT, Graeme Faelban
<RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:

>Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in
>
>> On 11 May 2005 19:07:40 GMT, Graeme Faelban
>> <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
>>
>>>D.J. <jolly73@boingcableone.net> wrote in

>>>That's all part of the balance though. You learn which spells you
>>>should keep handy under what circumstances.
>>
>> I dont know,so much has changed,especially the corpse summoning
>> NPC radically took away all risks left,so why not more spell slots.
>>
>> For my Cleric,mostly playing puller in Ldon,only 9 slots is a pain:
>> 1.Complete Heal
>> 2.Fast Heal
>> 3.Group Heal
>> 4.Heal over time
>> 5.Yaulp
>> 6.Pacify
>> 7.Stun 1
>> 8.Stun 2
>> 9.Root
>>
>> I hear there are Clerics out there,who have Divine Barrier memmed all
>> the time,cant hardly imagine this.
>> What about buffs or cure spells?Every time someone has a minor disease
>> I need to swap spells.
>> And a slot fur a nuke wouldnt be too bad either,15 of 43 AAs on SCF
>> nearly wasted. =)
>>

>Clickies are your friend. I have clicky Abolish Disease, and clicky
>Remove Greater Curse, as well as swappable equipment for clicky Swift
>Like the Wind. I need to get clicky root one of these days too.

As far as I know there are not much clickies available for Clerics,
only items that come to my mind is the Ornate BP,which has a summoned
hammer pet,not very useful,and the Kunark BP with clicky complete
heal,usuable every 7 minutes on the same player only.

If you know any not too expensive or 1 groupable,let me know. :-)

>In general though, I keep one spell slot as my general purpose swap in
>whatever I need for this occasion slot, and a few others that I do swap
>for raiding vs xping with a group, or soloing. Mind you, I don't have as
>many heals to choose from, I keep two memmed all the time, but, I do have
>debuffs and such that I keep handy instead.
>
>1. Malos
>2. Root (nonraid) or Malosinia (raid)
>3. Yoppas Mending
>4. Utility slot (Malicious decay, buff slot, anything else I need
>situationally)
>5. Cannibalize
>6. Poison DoT or Ferine Avatar situationally
>7. Turgurs Insects
>8. Quiescence (until I get my level 70 HoT)
>9. Sisslak (curse based DoT)
>
>Only ones of those that I never swap out are 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, the rest are
>situationally swapped when I know what to expect.

I help me with a bank of loadspellset hotkeys,which only switch the
9th spot,at least this saves me some clicking.

Mheldur 65 Cleric
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 9:41:55 PM

> On 12 May 2005 14:25:38 GMT, Graeme Faelban
> <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
>
>>Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in

>>> I dont know,so much has changed,especially the corpse summoning
>>> NPC radically took away all risks left,so why not more spell slots.
>>>
>>> For my Cleric,mostly playing puller in Ldon,only 9 slots is a pain:
>>> 1.Complete Heal
>>> 2.Fast Heal
>>> 3.Group Heal
>>> 4.Heal over time
>>> 5.Yaulp
>>> 6.Pacify
>>> 7.Stun 1
>>> 8.Stun 2
>>> 9.Root
>>>
>>> I hear there are Clerics out there,who have Divine Barrier memmed
>>> all the time,cant hardly imagine this.
>>> What about buffs or cure spells?Every time someone has a minor
>>> disease I need to swap spells.
>>> And a slot fur a nuke wouldnt be too bad either,15 of 43 AAs on SCF
>>> nearly wasted. =)
>>>

>>Clickies are your friend. I have clicky Abolish Disease, and clicky
>>Remove Greater Curse, as well as swappable equipment for clicky Swift
>>Like the Wind. I need to get clicky root one of these days too.
>
> As far as I know there are not much clickies available for Clerics,
> only items that come to my mind is the Ornate BP,which has a summoned
> hammer pet,not very useful,and the Kunark BP with clicky complete
> heal,usuable every 7 minutes on the same player only.
>
> If you know any not too expensive or 1 groupable,let me know. :-)

Well, the two I wear are usable by clerics too, but are not 1 groupable,
and require Fire access. What does the cleric ornate legs have for an
effect? I don't think there is a significant difference in clickable
effects available to clerics vs shaman, it's just a matter of being able
to get the items. Generally, the better items do require a raid.

>>In general though, I keep one spell slot as my general purpose swap in
>>whatever I need for this occasion slot, and a few others that I do
>>swap for raiding vs xping with a group, or soloing. Mind you, I don't
>>have as many heals to choose from, I keep two memmed all the time,
>>but, I do have debuffs and such that I keep handy instead.
>>
>>1. Malos
>>2. Root (nonraid) or Malosinia (raid)
>>3. Yoppas Mending
>>4. Utility slot (Malicious decay, buff slot, anything else I need
>>situationally) 5. Cannibalize
>>6. Poison DoT or Ferine Avatar situationally
>>7. Turgurs Insects
>>8. Quiescence (until I get my level 70 HoT)
>>9. Sisslak (curse based DoT)
>>
>>Only ones of those that I never swap out are 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, the rest
>>are situationally swapped when I know what to expect.
>
> I help me with a bank of loadspellset hotkeys,which only switch the
> 9th spot,at least this saves me some clicking.

One of these days I should set up some spellsets...

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Retired
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner, Retired
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 11:26:21 PM

> Rumbledor <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in
>
>> Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in
>>
>>> zigipha@hotmail.com wrote in news:1115997441.334167.32220
>>> @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

>>> I was quite pleasantly surprised by the changes in the shaman DoTs
>>> as well.
>>>

>> The Shaman's Crucible regulars seem to be pretty disgusted by the
>> changes for some reason. I think the concensus is that the soloing
>> shaman took an unacceptable hit to their DoT efficiency. I thought it
>> was a great change for the grouping shaman, though.
>>

> They lowered the recast time on canni so mana regen is now higher. I
> did not run the numbers on the actual efficiency of the DoTs, just
> noted that my best curse spell is doing more damage per tick than it
> used to.

Evidently it does more damage per tick, but the duration was reduced
enough to make it less mana efficient - not significantly, but enough to
have the soloers grumbling.

I think it was a fantastic way to make the shaman DoT's more effective
in group encounters.

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

> Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in
>
>> Rumbledor <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in
>>
>>> Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in

>>> The Shaman's Crucible regulars seem to be pretty disgusted by the
>>> changes for some reason. I think the concensus is that the soloing
>>> shaman took an unacceptable hit to their DoT efficiency. I thought it
>>> was a great change for the grouping shaman, though.
>>>

>> They lowered the recast time on canni so mana regen is now higher. I
>> did not run the numbers on the actual efficiency of the DoTs, just
>> noted that my best curse spell is doing more damage per tick than it
>> used to.
>>

> Evidently it does more damage per tick, but the duration was reduced
> enough to make it less mana efficient - not significantly, but enough
> have the soloers grumbling.
>
> I think it was a fantastic way to make the shaman DoT's more effective
> in group encounters.

I didn't look at my poison or disease dots carefully yet, but I did
notice the disease DoT lasted for a shorter time, didn't pay attention to
the damage it did. The curse DoT seemed to be better in general. So
far, I have only used them in raid situations since the change.

--

!