UDP Port Access in ZA

I installed the current version of Zone Alarm (the free one, not Pro)
on a Win2K PC I use to access my work network from home. ZA is
blocking Outgoing UDP Port 10001, which the VPN software wants to use.
The ZA Help file says I should go to Firewall|Main, select the Zone I
have set for the PC, and then click Custom, to get to a dialog where I
can allow traffic through that UDP port. But there is no Custom button
on the page. How DO I accomplish this?

John Jones, Detroit

If you're still working on it...

I think they meant go to Firewall--Main to find the "Custom" button. To add to
your zones, you go to Firewall--Zones.

Hope you're working at home now!

On 20 Apr 2004 04:45:12 GMT, junkmailraus@aol.comstopjunk
(Junkmailraus) wrote:

>I think they meant go to Firewall--Main to find the "Custom" button. To add to
>your zones, you go to Firewall--Zones.

I think the Help file is referring to Zone Alarm Pro: I just looked at
the ZAP installation on another PC in my network, and the Custom
button appears in both the Internet and Trusted Zone. Looks like I'll
have to upgrade from the free version on the PC I use for VPN work.

John Jones, Detroit

TRENDING THREADS