AGPminiport is crashing my 7DXR why what should I do?

shaolin

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Finally I discovered my problem but now what to do?
Here is my config:
AMD 1.4GHZ
Gigabyte 7DXR
Radeon 64 VIVO SE
256 MB DDR2100 Corsair
Western Digital 40GB HD
Windows 98SE

I had the following problem when I built this pc. While I could surf the net and do some music related things...as soon as I started playing games or try 3DMARK2001 at some point my pc used to turn off by itself. I tried everything and finally decided to do a clean format and reinstall of everything.
Then the problem was solved..I was able to play NHL2002 and run 3DMARK2002 with no problem. Yet while using 3Dmark2001 I noticed that under Display it showed AGP memory= 0. Then I remembered that I never installed my Radeon's Gart program nor the AGP mini port (both I think deal with the same..agp memory). I decided to use the AGP mini port since it came with my mobo...well guess what? When my pc rebooted after the installed it recognized some other hardware (somethings about pci bridges and stuff). After another restart I tried playing NHL 2002 and my PC shut down by itself just like it did when I first built it. Obviously what ever hardware the AGP mini port activated is causing this problem.
Can anyone help me get rid of the AGP mini port ad whatever hardware it installed? Any cure for this?
Regards

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
Try to uninstall it and it should be fine.

<font color=red>Remember...</font color=red><font color=blue>You get what you pay for. :smile: All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :wink:

svol

Champion
Did your install the AMD or Via AGP Miniport driver, if I'm right you have the AMD 760 Northbridge and you will need the AMD miniport driver, check if you can find the latest version on Internet.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

shaolin

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Yes I did but still the problem remains. I guess I'll have to reinstall everything but this time I WON'T install the AMD AGP mini port...of course I have no idea what problems that could cause.

svol

Champion
Probably lower performance, strage I also have the AMD 761 chipset and I have installed the AMD miniport driver, but nothing is wrong on my system.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .