Xp Fax answers all calls reguardless of type

I have a distinctive ring for my fax calls but the Fax program answers all
calls and does not recognize if the call is a regular phone call and
disconnect.

Dennis B wrote:

> I have a distinctive ring for my fax calls but the Fax program answers all
> calls and does not recognize if the call is a regular phone call and
> disconnect.

The XP fax service doesn't support distinctive ring.

These third party hardware devices can provide a work-around to the lack of
Distinctive Ring support:

http://www.youcansave.com/switchboard.html
Emerson Switchboard
http://www.command-comm.com/products.html