Xp Fax answers all calls reguardless of type

I have a distinctive ring for my fax calls but the Fax program answers all
calls and does not recognize if the call is a regular phone call and
disconnect.
2 answers Last reply
More about answers calls reguardless type

    Dennis B wrote:

    > I have a distinctive ring for my fax calls but the Fax program answers all
    > calls and does not recognize if the call is a regular phone call and
    > disconnect.

    The XP fax service doesn't support distinctive ring.

    These third party hardware devices can provide a work-around to the lack of
    Distinctive Ring support:

    http://www.youcansave.com/switchboard.html
    Emerson Switchboard
    http://www.command-comm.com/products.html
    ComSwitch®

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

    "Dennis B" <DennisB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a distinctive ring for my fax calls but the Fax program answers all
    > calls and does not recognize if the call is a regular phone call and
    > disconnect.

Fax Microsoft Windows XP