slow network printer properties after XP sp2

after installing sp2 on my XP-clients it takes a long time (10-15 sec.) to
get access to ther netwotk printer and to the printer properties.
The printers are instsalled on NT 4.0 Server and shared.

Before sp2 on the clients everything worked fine, and it took only 2 sec. to
have the printer properties on screen.

What is the solution?

Michael W.
1 answer Last reply
More about slow network printer properties

    enable the File and Print sharing exception on the XP firewall. The system
    goes into polling mode because the Server machine cannot contact the spooler
    on the XP client. I suggest a reboot after enabling this setting just make
    sure the redirector, explorer and spooler are in sync.

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    "Michael Wechter" <mw@carolineskolen.dk> wrote in message
    > after installing sp2 on my XP-clients it takes a long time (10-15 sec.) to
    > get access to ther netwotk printer and to the printer properties.
    > The printers are instsalled on NT 4.0 Server and shared.
    >
    > Before sp2 on the clients everything worked fine, and it took only 2 sec.
    > have the printer properties on screen.
    >
    > What is the solution?
    >
    > Michael W.

Printers Network Printer Windows XP