Purchased 2 V710's From Different Stores

Last response: in Network Providers
March 12, 2005 4:13:56 PM

On Wednesday, 3/9, I purchased a v710 to replace my v60. So far in the 2-3
days that I've had it I am satisfied with it's overall performance.

My wife who also has a v60 likes my 710 for its Bluetooth wireless headset
capability. She uses her cell phone extensively at work. Luckily her job
pays the bill. :-) Yesterday I went back to the VZW store where I purchased
mine but they were out of stock. So I went home and started calling around
to see if I could find one. It took calls to 8 different stores but I
finally found one and went and picked it up. It seems that here in the
Houston area they are very popular.

She is out of town on business so it isn't activated yet. We're going to
activate it this afternoon when she returns home. I charged it up along with
the Bluetooth headset and this morning paired the headset to the phone so
it'll be ready.

(I could have left out most if not all of this and just gotten to the
question.)

Question:
When I was scrolling through to set the wallpaper I noticed that the wall
paper on her phone is different than what was supplied with mine. There are
a couple that are the same but most are different. Does Verizon/Moto just
randomly put various images and ringtones on the phone? Or is there a chance
that one of are phones is a return? Is there a way to tell?

More about : purchased v710 stores

Anonymous
March 12, 2005 10:50:09 PM

Most likely, either your phone, or her's has the newly released firmware
(8700_01.40.0R) [to view your firmware version, hit MENU, 9, then scroll
down to 'other information' then 'S/W Version]) - with that came a few
changes (disabling of transfer of ringers to phone from TransFlash card,
some better setups with cars, as well as the addition of some new
wallpapers).

news:o WBYd.70123$SQ4.5378@fe1.texas.rr.com...