thomas7

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
I've been experiencing lag while playing Crysis 2 single player. I'm running the game with maximum settings 1080p. The HD texture pack and DirectX 11 are enabled. The reason I believe I shouldn't be experiencing the lag is because my computer can handle Crysis 1 set to max with much less trouble. My system specs are below:

AMD Phenom II x6 1090t 3.2 GHZ
AMD Radeon HD 6970
8 GB RAM, 1600 MHZ

If the problem is not with my specs, but with the game itself, please recommend things that could help me optimize it. I don't know the exact fps I'm getting, however it's low enough in combat to make things difficult

serenatous

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011

I honestly would be surprised if your specs fail to run it at max, believe it or not i run everything on max 1080p with a dual core e8500 and a 560ti soc gigabyte.

Ill give you this though in very rare spots i get a small stutter that quickly disappears and then runs smooth as butter again. And ive played / finished the game twice.

Believe is or not, but you'll have to lower game settings.

Dx11%20High%201920.png

I'd recommend setting Post Processing to Extreme instead of Ultra.

serenatous

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
I have even checked on youtube for people with the same gpu i have and run it on max so im really not sure if something is wrong with the benchmark or us the few lucky owners of a perfectly working 560ti soc got a great deal....

they aint running it on max with hd textures they will be running on high or enthusiast settings.. hd textures do put a lot of stress on the system to run it smooth. 30 fps minimum fo single player is acceptable but your gonna be playing on minimum for multiplayer to get the best fps and be competitive...
better to take the quality hit and kill people than look good constantly dieing.
1920/1080 30 fps minimum with that card means enthusiast settings. 1.9 patch dx11 enabled and no hi rez textures.(they dont add anything to the game anyway other than a few graphical bugs)
just in case your wondering i have the steam version so i know what im talking about not the cracked buggy single player.