wiafbdrv.dll

hi, i have a problem installing my lexmark x1155 on my computer. the computer
is always asking for the file wiafbdrv.dll and usbscan.sys. ive looked onto
my win xp pro disc and on the web but i couldnt find it. i just bought the
printer and i dont know what to do anymore. can anyone please help me. thank
you.
2 answers Last reply
More about wiafbdrv

    lia and josh wrote:
    > hi, i have a problem installing my lexmark x1155 on my computer. the
    > computer is always asking for the file wiafbdrv.dll and usbscan.sys.
    > ive looked onto my win xp pro disc and on the web but i couldnt find
    > it. i just bought the printer and i dont know what to do anymore. can
    > anyone please help me. thank you.

    Firstly, buying a Lexmark was a very, very, very stupid thing to do. Canon
    and Epson make far better MFDs.

    It's a fairly ancient model as I cannot find any mention of it anywhere -
    not even on Lexmark's site. I found one on eBay for £30 - that's less than
    the price of a colour cartridge! Anyway, why are you looking on the Windows
    CD and not downloading the latest driver from Lexmark?! They do, at least,
    have a driver for it.

    lose his marbles?

    Why would lia and josh be looking on the Windows CD for it? Because perhaps
    it should be there somewhere?

    Company: Microsoft Corporation
    File Version: 5.1.2600.0 (XPClient.010817-1148)
    Internal Name: WIAFBDRV
    Language: English (United States)
    Original File Name: WIAFBDRV.DLL
    Product name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    Product Version: 5.1.2600.0

    Similar for usbscan.sys. On my system after I loaded XP.

    Also, why should you think an X1155 is "fairly ancient"?? I have an X1150
    purchased new in February this year and a splendid job it does too. I'm sure
    lia and josh neither want nor need your opinion on their/her/his choice of
    printer. Try to offer helpful advice FOR ONCE and leave the insults out!

    To lia and josh, sorry I can't be of more help to you, AFAIK, those files
    should be somewhere on your system (unless there's a difference between Home
    and Pro) Doing a search, I found wiafbdrv.dll in system32 and usbscan.sys
    in a number of folders. You have my sympathies in that what appears to be
    your first post had to be answered by Headmistress Tick. We're not all like
    that - honest!

    Colin

    "Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:

    > lia and josh wrote:
    > > hi, i have a problem installing my lexmark x1155 on my computer. the
    > > computer is always asking for the file wiafbdrv.dll and usbscan.sys.
    > > ive looked onto my win xp pro disc and on the web but i couldnt find
    > > it. i just bought the printer and i dont know what to do anymore. can
    > > anyone please help me. thank you.
    >

    > Firstly, buying a Lexmark was a very, very, very stupid thing to do. Canon
    > and Epson make far better MFDs.
    >
    > It's a fairly ancient model as I cannot find any mention of it anywhere -
    > not even on Lexmark's site. I found one on eBay for £30 - that's less than
    > the price of a colour cartridge! Anyway, why are you looking on the Windows
    > CD and not downloading the latest driver from Lexmark?! They do, at least,
    > have a driver for it.
    >
    > --
    > My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
    > lose his marbles?

Computers DLL Windows XP Product