CC

I would like to get an old Compaq prolinea 4100 working again.So that my 7
year old can play games etc. I need Win 95 diskettes or...

Does anyone have tips/advice,

Cynthia

hh

I'm afraid you might be disappointed. Most games today require at least a
Pentium class processor.
HH
"cc" <c.cornelius(nospam)@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
>I would like to get an old Compaq prolinea 4100 working again.So that my 7
>year old can play games etc. I need Win 95 diskettes or...
>
> Does anyone have tips/advice,
>
> Cynthia

CC

luckely...its to play the older games....

"HH" <hahut42@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> I'm afraid you might be disappointed. Most games today require at least a
> Pentium class processor.
> HH
> "cc" <c.cornelius(nospam)@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
>>I would like to get an old Compaq prolinea 4100 working again.So that my 7
>>year old can play games etc. I need Win 95 diskettes or...
>>
>> Does anyone have tips/advice,
>>
>> Cynthia

hh

Good luck infinding win 95 diskettes. Pretty rare these days. Might be
better off with Win 98, if the Prolinea hasa CD-ROM drive. Also try to get
at least 32-64MB of RAM.

> luckely...its to play the older games....
>
> "HH" <hahut42@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
>> I'm afraid you might be disappointed. Most games today require at least a
>> Pentium class processor.
>> HH
>> "cc" <c.cornelius(nospam)@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
>>>I would like to get an old Compaq prolinea 4100 working again.So that my
>>>7 year old can play games etc. I need Win 95 diskettes or...
>>>
>>> Does anyone have tips/advice,
>>>
>>> Cynthia

An alternate way to load WIN95 would be to use another PC, install the HDD from
the 4100 in it as slave, and copy the install CD to the slave HDD, but it back
in the 4100, use a boot disk to migrate to the install command for WIN95 in the
WIN95 dir on the now master HDD. Or use another different HDD as slave in both
PCs. That would negate your need for WIN95 on diskettes.

Dale