Sign in with
Your question

Hp envy 6t are good for gaming

Last response: in Video Games
July 25, 2012 4:08:46 AM

Hello,
what kind of spec in hp envy 6t that good for playing games,such as Fifa 12 or dirt 3?

More about : envy good gaming

a b 4 Gaming
July 25, 2012 9:34:50 AM

If this is the specs of your HP ENvy ?

Features: Core i5-2467M 1.4GHz Dual-core, 4GB RAM, 500GB hard drive plus a 32GB mSSD, Intel HD 3000 graphics, 802.11n WiFi, Bluetooth, HD Webcam, 15.6″ BrightView 1366 X 768 LED-backlit LCD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OS, 4-cell Li-ion Battery, Midnight Black with Ruby Red Soft Touch. The 6t-1000 model has Beats audio with dual speakers, a subwoofer, HDMI port, full-size keyboard (optional backlit for $20 upgrade), two USB 3.0 ports, HP CoolSense technology and up to 8.25 hours battery life.

Then it is no good at gaming as it only has the intel 3000 gpu which is useless for gaming.
a b 4 Gaming
July 25, 2012 1:58:24 PM

The HP Envy is a great notebook, however, it is not suited for gaming in the least. I don't believe you can even order it with anything except integrated graphics. The HP Dv6t would work better as it can be ordered with an Nvidia 650M GPU. However, it is not really a gaming laptop. If you intend to use this as a gaming laptop, you will want to get an actual gaming laptop. Consider this from ASUS as a starting point. Gaming laptops only go up in price from here. Just remember you can not upgrade most components in a laptop so you should get something that can hold it's own for a few years.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
July 25, 2012 2:23:29 PM

jay2tall said:
The HP Envy is a great notebook, however, it is not suited for gaming in the least. I don't believe you can even order it with anything except integrated graphics. The HP Dv6t would work better as it can be ordered with an Nvidia 650M GPU. However, it is not really a gaming laptop. If you intend to use this as a gaming laptop, you will want to get an actual gaming laptop. Consider this from ASUS as a starting point. Gaming laptops only go up in price from here. Just remember you can not upgrade most components in a laptop so you should get something that can hold it's own for a few years.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

HP and Great are not 2 words id of expected to see in the same sentence, i can tell you that having been an employee of HP in one of there UK service centres, that there Laptop and desktop component parts used to be really 2nd rate and prone to failure on a regular basis, but hey that was back in 2006-2008, hopefully they have changed things since then?
a b 4 Gaming
July 25, 2012 2:39:41 PM

^I would general agree. The Envy seems to shine above a lot of the others. It also shows in the price. They were $1000 and above when they first came out. I still think most consumer desktops/laptops are junk. The Envy has gotten a number of praises from review sites since it came out. However, you know how it goes. It gets popular, everyone wants one so they lower the price and subsequently the quality as well. So maybe the Envy has gone that way. I just checked the site and I see most of them start under $1000 now.

I remember in that 2006-2008 timeframe I worked for a company and bought a few HP workstations with professional cards in for the CAD guys at the company I worked for. They seemed really solid, but those weren't the consumer models.
!