Faxing: No progress box

fred

Hi

Using XP Home and analog modem, no change in hardware/software when I was
able to send faxes, the fax progress box automatically used to pop up, now
it doesn't do so anymore unless I manually call it up. No indicator of time
passed as it "faxes", fax is in outbox then gets automatically moved to sent
box, yet the fax progress box doesn't automatically close either.

Q: How do I know a fax was sent without actually asking recipient? (It's
after office hours now). No error message(s) shown. What's missing on my
comp/what file(s) have been corrupted if any?

I couldn't find any answers on M$'s site.

Thanks.

Fred

A number of standard update and repair procedures disabled the Fax Monitor
in the initial release of Windows XP. These problems were fixed in Service
Pack 1. Make sure you apply SP1 if you notice this problem. The following
may also apply:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/4a29389c214c78ea88256c75005f451a/713afacbd4135e0a88256c77007e526f?OpenDocument
Error: "Rule Default Block Netspy Trojan Horse Matched" when you start the
computer
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/46f26a2d6dafb0a788256bc7005c3fa3/c06387f12de9fa2a88256cf60063c54d?OpenDocument
Microsoft Fax Monitor does not function properly after installing Norton
Internet Security

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Fred" <149228@24ey.19a> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Using XP Home and analog modem, no change in hardware/software when I was
> able to send faxes, the fax progress box automatically used to pop up, now
> it doesn't do so anymore unless I manually call it up. No indicator of
> time
> passed as it "faxes", fax is in outbox then gets automatically moved to
> sent
> box, yet the fax progress box doesn't automatically close either.
>
> Q: How do I know a fax was sent without actually asking recipient? (It's
> after office hours now). No error message(s) shown. What's missing on my
> comp/what file(s) have been corrupted if any?
>
> I couldn't find any answers on M$'s site.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Fred

fred

> A number of standard update and repair procedures disabled the Fax Monitor
> in the initial release of Windows XP. These problems were fixed in Service
> Pack 1. Make sure you apply SP1 if you notice this problem.

Thanks Russ, my Windows is Version 5.1.2600.1106 (xpsp1).

> The following may also apply:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/4a29389c214c78ea88256c75005f451a/713afacbd4135e0a88256c77007e526f?OpenDocument
> Error: "Rule Default Block Netspy Trojan Horse Matched" when you start the
> computer

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/46f26a2d6dafb0a788256bc7005c3fa3/c06387f12de9fa2a88256cf60063c54d?OpenDocument
> Microsoft Fax Monitor does not function properly after installing Norton
> Internet Security

I don't have any Norton programs. I do have ZoneAlarm version 5 but I
disabled that before sending the fax.

Fred

I know of no additional solutions. ZoneAlarm would be my first suspicion,
however.