Sign in with
Your question

FPS advice. Please help!

Last response: in Video Games
July 25, 2012 5:39:22 PM

I am looking for online shooters to play that are a good combination of fun and competitive. I've mainly been a console gamer (gamebattles, lots of cod4, mw2, and halo 3. I dont like mw3 or Reach) but have always built my own PCs. I recently built a new one and decided to try out bf3 and skyrim on it. Now im hooked on the awesome graphical power.
I tried CS:S and cannot get into it. I'll admit it takes skill but not the "fun" kind that bf3 or mw offer imo, I like to rush areas/run and gun. I am liking bf3 quite a bit and have been getting a lot better (averaging 2.0 kd now) but guess I would like a change of pace. Does anybody still play crysis 2 (I only played the beta for 360 and thought it fun)? I heard a lot of cheaters... A futuristic game like that or halo would be a bit refreshing i think compared to the 100's of war games of the past few years. Any help?

More about : fps advice

July 25, 2012 5:42:10 PM

I know a good game, which is free, and on PC, I personally like the game, and feel it has done a better job at the fast paced FPS gaming, than COD did past MW2, This is just my own personal opinion of the game. Game is Blacklight retribution: http://blacklight.perfectworld.com/

Monarchco
July 25, 2012 6:23:43 PM

Man they should remake Battlefield 2142. It would fill that desire for futuristic warfare. One of my favorites of all time, but its several years old. It had walkers. WALKERS! Mass Effect 3 has some sort of Multiplayer doesn't it?
Related resources
July 25, 2012 6:53:19 PM

Sounds like a job for Bulletstorm, great fun game running around shooting the crap out of stuff with skill points awarded for unusual if scripted kills.

Mactronix :) 
July 25, 2012 7:21:18 PM

[/quote]
Monarchco said:
I know a good game, which is free, and on PC, I personally like the game, and feel it has done a better job at the fast paced FPS gaming, than COD did past MW2, This is just my own personal opinion of the game. Game is Blacklight retribution: http://blacklight.perfectworld.com/

Monarchco

Looks pretty cool. I'll probably check it out tonight, thanks.

Quote:
Man they should remake Battlefield 2142. It would fill that desire for futuristic warfare. One of my favorites of all time, but its several years old.

I'm not a huge fan of the vehicles in battlefield games, while it makes it more realistic in large warfare type situations I feel it detracts from the gun skill and man to man tactics that i enjoy in fps games. I mainly play tdm in bf3 for those reasons. I do usually enjoy objective modes more though (domination, SnD from cod; retrieval from R6:vegas; all ctf style modes, etc.) so I may have to check out close quarters expansion in bf3.
July 26, 2012 5:29:15 PM

Gotta say blacklight is pretty fun. Only played 5-6 rounds but I like it. Not mind blowing but solid all around from my first impression and free. Thanks again
!