Page numbering in WordPad

Colleagues: I use XP2000 Home Edition and am printing from a Wordpad
document. Can anybody tell me how to do the "headers and footers"; there
seems no obvious provision for it in Wordpad. In particular, I need to know
how to number pages on quite a large document. Many thanks

--
Jeff
4 answers Last reply

    "Jeff Phillips" <JeffPhillips@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Colleagues: I use XP2000 Home Edition and am printing from a Wordpad
    > document. Can anybody tell me how to do the "headers and footers"; there
    > seems no obvious provision for it in Wordpad. In particular, I need to
    know
    > how to number pages on quite a large document. Many thanks
    >

    > --
    > Jeff

    Wordpad is the wrong application to be using for "quite a large document."
    It can't do what you want it to do. Use Word or some other full-featured
    word processor. Open Office is a good free alternative.

    Wordpad is a basic text editor with a bell and whistle more than Notepad..
    it is not a serious wordprocessor.. look to buying an Office suite if you
    want to take word processing seriously..

    Jeff Phillips wrote:
    > Colleagues: I use XP2000 Home Edition and am printing from a Wordpad
    > document. Can anybody tell me how to do the "headers and footers";
    > there seems no obvious provision for it in Wordpad. In particular, I
    > need to know how to number pages on quite a large document. Many
    > thanks

    There is no such thing as "XP 2000".
    lose his marbles?
  4. Where are you from??