Random FPS Drops

OrangeNBlueFish

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
After being on my computer for a while, the FPS in games drops horribly, like from 60+ to less than 20. I can easily fix it by restarting my computer, but I am more worried as to why this is happening. I have asked some friends, and they say it could be my GPU, or maybe a memory leak. I am familiar with computer parts, but not so much on support subjects like this, so I was told to come here. Any speculations on what could cause this?

halueryphi

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012

Have you checked if its overheating?

stable 40? yeah when your not gaming. a typical gpu will go to 80'c a well cooled 1 will still go to 60'c a well cooled cpu will be about 55'c at load.
my guess is your not reading your temps properly.
get realtemp. hwmonitor and gpu-z
each will tell you the min/max temps your hardware reached while you were gaming. you start em all b4 you start the game and leave them running while you play. after 20 mins or so quit and post the min and max temps
for the cpu/gpu and gpu vddc i guarantee there a lot higher than what you currently think.
temps can drop to normal within a few seconds so just because it says 40'c it doesnt mean it was 40' 15 seconds ago...
pro tip always go off your min and max temps, for idle and load.