Can not view fax

yar

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

I have had MS Fax running for years.

Tonight when I try to open a fax it tells me that "the fax document cannont
be displayed because your operating system does not have a default viewer
for fax documents (.tif files)"

Please help

So what is the file association for TIF files on your system?
What did you do to change that association?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"yar" <newspost@btconnect.com> wrote in message
>I have had MS Fax running for years.
>
> Tonight when I try to open a fax it tells me that "the fax document
> cannont be displayed because your operating system does not have a default
> viewer for fax documents (.tif files)"
>
> Please help

yar

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

Hi

I had reinstalled office and lost the fax viewer.

There was no association for the file type.

I now have the picture and fax viewer working but this is not as good as the
other viewer, any ideas what it might have been?.

Ray Bright

Bournemouth as well
"yar" <newspost@btconnect.com> wrote in message
>I have had MS Fax running for years.
>
> Tonight when I try to open a fax it tells me that "the fax document
> cannont be displayed because your operating system does not have a default
> viewer for fax documents (.tif files)"
>
> Please help

I have no idea to what "other viewer" you are referring.
To view faxes from the Fax Console, the Windows Imaging and Fax viewer must
be your default viewer for TIF files. You can easily restore that setting in
Windows Explorer > Folder Options. File Types. For most users the command
line should read:

"rundll32.exe <drive>:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen %1"

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"yar" <raybright@btclick.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I had reinstalled office and lost the fax viewer.
>
> There was no association for the file type.
>
> I now have the picture and fax viewer working but this is not as good as
> the other viewer, any ideas what it might have been?.
>
> Ray Bright
>
> Bournemouth as well
> "yar" <newspost@btconnect.com> wrote in message
>>I have had MS Fax running for years.
>>
>> Tonight when I try to open a fax it tells me that "the fax document
>> cannont be displayed because your operating system does not have a
>> default viewer for fax documents (.tif files)"
>>
>> Please help

yar

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

Hello

I used to have a screen that had a toolbar at the top to print edit etc.

I never thought about it as it was always there.

Any thoughts please.

>I have no idea to what "other viewer" you are referring.
> To view faxes from the Fax Console, the Windows Imaging and Fax viewer
> must be your default viewer for TIF files. You can easily restore that
> setting in Windows Explorer > Folder Options. File Types. For most users
> the command line should read:
>
> "rundll32.exe <drive>:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen
> %1"
>

> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "yar" <raybright@btclick.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> I had reinstalled office and lost the fax viewer.
>>
>> There was no association for the file type.
>>
>> I now have the picture and fax viewer working but this is not as good as
>> the other viewer, any ideas what it might have been?.
>>
>> Ray Bright
>>
>> Bournemouth as well
>> "yar" <newspost@btconnect.com> wrote in message
>>>I have had MS Fax running for years.
>>>
>>> Tonight when I try to open a fax it tells me that "the fax document
>>> cannont be displayed because your operating system does not have a
>>> default viewer for fax documents (.tif files)"
>>>
>>> Please help

Sorry, I have to way to guess what you were using.
I can only tell you what you need to use to view faxes in Windows XP Fax.