Lost print spool during SP2 upgrade

During my SP2 upgrade, I seemed to have lost all my printers in the Printer
and Fax folder. I attempted to reinstall printers, but when I click the ADD
PRINTER icon, I get the error message: OPeration could not be completed.
Printer spool is not running.

How do I remedy this issue? I even lost my access to my home network printer!
3 answers Last reply
More about lost print spool upgrade

    Did you ever find a resolution for this? I also have the same problem now and
    can't find a fix. If you have a solution, I'd be most apprciative if you
    could post it.

    Thank You

    "dab1477" wrote:

    > During my SP2 upgrade, I seemed to have lost all my printers in the Printer
    > and Fax folder. I attempted to reinstall printers, but when I click the ADD
    > PRINTER icon, I get the error message: OPeration could not be completed.
    > Printer spool is not running.
    >
    > How do I remedy this issue? I even lost my access to my home network printer!

    Start the Spooler!

    http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20Nine.htm
    www.coribright.com

    "dastreb" <dastreb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Did you ever find a resolution for this? I also have the same problem now
    > and
    > can't find a fix. If you have a solution, I'd be most apprciative if you
    > could post it.
    >
    > Thank You
    >

    > "dab1477" wrote:
    >
    >> During my SP2 upgrade, I seemed to have lost all my printers in the
    >> Printer
    >> and Fax folder. I attempted to reinstall printers, but when I click the
    >> ADD
    >> PRINTER icon, I get the error message: OPeration could not be completed.
    >> Printer spool is not running.
    >>
    >> How do I remedy this issue? I even lost my access to my home network
    >> printer!

    Hi Cari,

    Yep... I did try that, but it turns off immediately. I have it set to Auto
    start, but it doesn't. I've gone through the REGEDIT and deleted all printer
    drivers. I've deleted all traces (as far as I know) of printer drivers from
    the Win32 folder. Seems like the problem started with the SP2 update.

    Any other ideas?

    Thanks

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Start the Spooler!
    >
    > http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20Nine.htm
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "dastreb" <dastreb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Did you ever find a resolution for this? I also have the same problem now
    > > and
    > > can't find a fix. If you have a solution, I'd be most apprciative if you
    > > could post it.
    > >
    > > Thank You
    > >

    > > "dab1477" wrote:
    > >
    > >> During my SP2 upgrade, I seemed to have lost all my printers in the
    > >> Printer
    > >> and Fax folder. I attempted to reinstall printers, but when I click the
    > >> ADD
    > >> PRINTER icon, I get the error message: OPeration could not be completed.
    > >> Printer spool is not running.
    > >>
    > >> How do I remedy this issue? I even lost my access to my home network
    > >> printer!

Fax Printers Network Printer Error Message Microsoft Windows XP