  • Error Message
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
November 5, 2004 10:03:01 AM

During my SP2 upgrade, I seemed to have lost all my printers in the Printer
and Fax folder. I attempted to reinstall printers, but when I click the ADD
PRINTER icon, I get the error message: OPeration could not be completed.
Printer spool is not running.

How do I remedy this issue? I even lost my access to my home network printer!

More about : lost print spool sp2 upgrade

Anonymous
February 2, 2005 12:35:03 PM

Did you ever find a resolution for this? I also have the same problem now and
can't find a fix. If you have a solution, I'd be most apprciative if you
could post it.

Thank You

"dab1477" wrote:

> During my SP2 upgrade, I seemed to have lost all my printers in the Printer
> and Fax folder. I attempted to reinstall printers, but when I click the ADD
> PRINTER icon, I get the error message: OPeration could not be completed.
> Printer spool is not running.
>
> How do I remedy this issue? I even lost my access to my home network printer!
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 11:43:49 PM

Start the Spooler!

http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20Nine.htm
www.coribright.com

"dastreb" <dastreb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Did you ever find a resolution for this? I also have the same problem now
> and
> can't find a fix. If you have a solution, I'd be most apprciative if you
> could post it.
>
> Thank You
>

> "dab1477" wrote:
>
>> During my SP2 upgrade, I seemed to have lost all my printers in the
>> Printer
>> and Fax folder. I attempted to reinstall printers, but when I click the
>> ADD
>> PRINTER icon, I get the error message: OPeration could not be completed.
>> Printer spool is not running.
>>
>> How do I remedy this issue? I even lost my access to my home network
>> printer!

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 10:45:07 AM

Hi Cari,

Yep... I did try that, but it turns off immediately. I have it set to Auto
start, but it doesn't. I've gone through the REGEDIT and deleted all printer
drivers. I've deleted all traces (as far as I know) of printer drivers from
the Win32 folder. Seems like the problem started with the SP2 update.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

!