Sign in with
Your question

What games can i play?

Last response: in Video Games
July 26, 2012 9:27:01 AM

Alright guys i am newbie to your forums. Guys i badly wants to play assassins creed 1, Need for Speed Shift, Call of Duty 4:modern warfare, Call of Duty:modern warfare 2 and GTA 4. I just wanted to play these and if i can run them on minimum settings no problem and for the resolution 640x480 will also work for me. Badly wanted to play these games!!!

My system specs are:

Processor: Intel pentium 4 2.9GHz
Package: Socket 775 LGA
Mother Board: Dell inc. model no is 0G5611
RAM: 1GB DDR2 dual channels
Graphic Card: 256Mb of graphic card with latest drivers (ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro)

That's all into it. Looking forward for a positive reply. Thanks in advance.
If i can play even one of them on minimum settings please tell me.

More about : games play

July 27, 2012 4:10:26 AM

^+1
Sorry it just isn't going to happen I also feel that you will have a hard time at Assassins creed and need for speed because you are right at the minimum requirements. I don't think you be able to play on med settings. Good luck to you.

Minimum System Requirements: For the need for speed

CPU: Intel Core™2 Duo 1.6 GHz or faster
RAM: 1 GB RAM; Vista/Windows 7: 1.5 GB RAM
VGA: 256 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 3.0*
DX: DirectX 9.0c
OS: Windows XP (Service Pack 3) or Windows Vista (Service Pack 1) / Windows 7
HDD: 6 GB
Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
ODD: 8x DVD Drive

Recommended System Requirements: For the need for speed

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHz or AMD 64 X2 2 GHz
RAM: 2GB RAM (3GB for Vista)
VGA: Graphics card with 512MB of RAM support Pixel Shader 3 (PCI-Ex)
DX: DirectX 9.0c
OS: Windows XP (Service Pack 3) or Windows Vista (Service Pack 1) / Windows 7
HDD: 6 GB
Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
ODD: 8x DVD Drive

Note: *Supported Video Cards: ATI Radeon X1800 XT 512MB or greater; NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT 256MB or greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.

Minimum Configuration: Assassins creed

SUPPORTED OS: Windows XP (32-64 bits) /Windows Vista (32-64 bits)/Windows 7 (32-64 bits)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHZ or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4GHZ
RAM: 1.5 GB Windows XP / 2 GB Windows Vista - Windows 7
Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 9.0–compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (see supported list)
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 –compliant sound card
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0
DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive
Hard Drive Space: 8 GB

Recommended Configuration: Assassins creed

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.6 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or better
Video Card: GeForce 8800 GT or ATI Radeon HD 4700 or better
Sound: 5.1 sound card
Supported Video Cards at Time of Release: ATI RADEON X1950, HD 2000/3000/4000/5000 series NVIDIA GeForce 7/8/9/100/200 series

m
l
July 27, 2012 9:44:46 AM

So you guys think that i can play these on minimum settings@!!!!! :bounce: 
m
l
Related resources
July 27, 2012 12:58:54 PM

I've seen some of those games run at 10-20 FPS on a Pentium 4 3GHz system and a 2600 Pro. There is a chance that some might work at the lowest settings possible. With some tweaking from 3rd party apps you might be able to play them. Your best bet is to get better hardware though.
m
l
July 27, 2012 7:17:16 PM

goku123456789 said:
So you guys think that i can play these on minimum settings@!!!!! :bounce: 

Yes that is what I said but the only way you will know for sure is to try it. If you get 30 fps then it will play even at 20 fps in some cases. My point is yeah it might work but it will have to be on the lowest settings and very low resolution.

This is the reason I posted the min requirements for the other two games so you know where you have to be in order to play those two games. The other two games your rig will not handle them. Good luck and I hope your rig plays them because who can afford a new rig these day's?
m
l
July 27, 2012 7:37:39 PM

Hi :) 

Play Half Life 1.... Brilliant shooter and your machine CAN play it well...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
July 28, 2012 6:27:38 AM

OK i will try half life 1. Can you tell me the website from where i can get these games. Well Call of Duty 4:modern warfare and call of duty:modern warfare2 both need p4 but just a better graphic card don't you i think i can play them too!!!! :??: 
m
l
July 28, 2012 6:35:55 AM

Well you are right there DM186 who can afford a new rig these day's and i am just sick of hearing core 2 duo everyplace i am just gonna kick core 2 duo butt and sent him to kingdom come :fou:  . And Call of Duty 4:modern warfare and Call of Duty:modern warfare2 both need a p4 on minimum they just need a good GPU if i can overclock my GPU i think i can get enough graphic for them!!!!
m
l
July 28, 2012 9:41:03 AM

wow you just dont take it on board do you. not only do you bug me with pm's after i gave you the info you needed asking the same questions. you come back and start asking others and get the same answers i gave you...
seriously your system is underpowered for what you want to play. asking again and again aint gonna change anything only spending money will... also that 2400 cant be overclocked very much maybe 3% on a cool day.
m
l
July 28, 2012 11:46:15 AM

Nah it's in my nature to bug people don't take it personally i just like to do that!!!!
m
l
July 29, 2012 2:47:51 AM

Out of all the people on here who has posted, I would take HEXiT's opinion first. He has the most experience on these types of topics more so than everybody on this thread.

There for if he said you need a new system he just wasn't taken a short cut to a fix. He is very sincere in his answer. The short time I have been on here I have seen him fix a lot of peoples problems.

He gets it right 98% of the time. He might not agree with me on the %'s but point is he tell the truth and does not give out false information. You must have another thread going on.

Other wise he wouldn't just pop in and say anything at all. I do hope you get your rig right to play and I do wish you good luck. Cheers
m
l
July 29, 2012 8:22:58 AM

Yup no pressure i just wanted to play these games no matter if i have to bring every ounce of graphic to minimum i will do i will defeat these games on Pentium 4!!!! YEAH!!!

PEACE AND CHEERS!!!1
m
l
July 30, 2012 1:02:53 AM

The only way you will find out if you can play then just do it. If it works out then you are in business. If they don't well then that is that and you will have to upgrade. This way you will know for sure. Good luck to you.
m
l
July 30, 2012 2:54:36 AM

The original Counter-Strike would work perfectly too.
m
l
November 20, 2013 7:35:33 PM

my processor also similar to you too :o 
m
l
November 24, 2013 1:44:34 AM

Look man I've played some high games on my 1 GB RAM like Assassins Creed 1 and 3, Sleeping dogs and also Call of Duty Modern Warfare but seriously, upgrade your graphics card.
m
l
!