Have installed fax in Widows XP Prof - I get ...unable to get Filename for
Port: FAXDRVER and fax wont work - anyone know what to do Regards David

You've told us very little. Provide sufficient detail to permit
troubleshooting.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"DMP" <DMP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have installed fax in Widows XP Prof - I get ...unable to get Filename
> for
> Port: FAXDRVER and fax wont work - anyone know what to do Regards David

Sorry that's all I know

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> You've told us very little. Provide sufficient detail to permit
> troubleshooting.
>
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "DMP" <DMP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Have installed fax in Widows XP Prof - I get ...unable to get Filename
> > for
> > Port: FAXDRVER and fax wont work - anyone know what to do Regards David

Can't you at least tell us how you installed fax, what analog fax modem you
are using, and what action returns that error message?
--
> Sorry that's all I know
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> You've told us very little. Provide sufficient detail to permit
>> troubleshooting.
>>
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "DMP" <DMP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Have installed fax in Widows XP Prof - I get ...unable to get Filename
>> > for
>> > Port: FAXDRVER and fax wont work - anyone know what to do Regards David

Hi Russ

I installed the fax from Windows add/remove programmes then when I open the
fax programme I get the message. The modem is a USR 56K Voice Win 1806 that
came with my Dell which is about 4 years old which used to work fine butnow
isn't used as I am on broadband. I am installing fax on the PC as my old fax
machine is broken

Thanks

David

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Can't you at least tell us how you installed fax, what analog fax modem you
> are using, and what action returns that error message?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "DMP" <DMP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry that's all I know
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> You've told us very little. Provide sufficient detail to permit
> >> troubleshooting.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]
> >> "DMP" <DMP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Sooo, What steps are you going through WHEN/UNTIL you get this error
message????
Example: You are trying to fax and you click file then print and choose fax
printer and click print and an error message comes up.

Do you get the error message when you open fax program?