Help on Over Clocking

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
what do you need to do to overclock an AMD Anthlon XP 2000+, with a Soyo Dragon + Mobo, with a Volcano 7 Cpu fan.

Don't know anything about the over Clocking process, never did it, don't really no anything about it.

Thanks/Rob

Once you go AMD, You never Go back!!

FatBurger

Illustrious
Go into the BIOS and change either the multiplier (if you can), or the front side bus (should be at 133 now). Raise the voltage (vcore, should be at 1.75, I believe) if it's unstable at higher speeds. Watch your temps, don't want to get too high. At any signs of instability, go back down in speed. Go in small increments so you can find your exact limit.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Wait, When you want to Over clock, that's all you have to DO....so if its at 133, what if i put like 145...

later/Rob

FatBurger

Illustrious
Don't put it straight to 145, that's way too big a jump. Move as small as possible, boot into Windows and run 3DMark2001 once. When you start getting errors, up the voltage and/or go back down in speed. Eventually you'll find the highest stable speed that doesn't overheat.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
from your experience, do you know what would it would be exactly, aXP2000+, soyo dragon +, and assuming either the volcano 6cu,7 or what you suggested the alpha...

i have to download 3dmark2001..

later/rob