which one would you choose

Balls_Of_Steel

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
i am building an AMDxp 2000+ and was wourndering which mobo you guys would choose. i was thinking about the ecs k7s6a but was wournding about the chip set (it has a sis somthin) i dont know. just which one would you choose

FatBurger

Illustrious
You're going to be overclocking, I assume?
Is money an issue? (AMD boards are all under $160, depending on where you get them)

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
I run a Soyo Dragon +, greatest board iv'e Used in a long time.. Hopefully i'll be over clocking soon...

lata, rob

Once you go AMD, You never Go back!!

ath0mps0

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2002
If you're looking for a great low-cost Mobo, the SIS chipsets are awesome. They are only a tiny fraction slower than the fastest - VIA KT266A - and cost far less. I got my K7S5A for $50 and have it OC'ed. I saved over $100 and couldn't ask for a more stable, fast system.

If you are looking for USB 2.0 or UDMA133, you'll need to look elsewhere or spend a little extra on a PCI card. Then again, if you need these things, you shouldn't buy the SIS based board.

I thought a thought, but the thought I thought wasn't the thought I thought I had thought.

TRENDING THREADS