Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

V265, Contacts, and Mobile Phone Tools

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
March 13, 2005 8:05:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Help!



Just upgraded (that term is questionable at this time) from 2 v60's to 2
v265's. I purchased the Mobile Phone Tools software and have updated it to
the latest version. Prior to purchasing the Mobile Phone Tool software, I
took one of the V265s (I refer to this as phone #1 from this point forward)
to the Verizon store and had them copy the v60 contact list onto phone #1.
They did, no problem.



Now my problem. On phone #2, the phone that yet has no contact list, I can
communicate fine with Mobile Phone Tools and set up contacts. On phone #1,
Mobile Phone Tools sees it, but I cannot download my contacts from the phone
to my laptop for edits. It will begin the download process then an error
prompt comes up that reads "Reading mobile phone's contacts failed". I am
using an OEM Motorola USB cable. Remember, phone #2 communicates fine with
Mobile Tools.



1.) Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to correct it?



2.) Is there a way to globally erase all of the contacts on phone#1 via the
phone keypad and then retry establishing contacts with Mobile Tools
afterwards?



Thx.

Jim
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 8:36:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Jim wrote:
> Help!
>
>
>
> Just upgraded (that term is questionable at this time) from 2 v60's
> to 2 v265's. I purchased the Mobile Phone Tools software and have
> updated it to the latest version. Prior to purchasing the Mobile
> Phone Tool software, I took one of the V265s (I refer to this as
> phone #1 from this point forward) to the Verizon store and had them
> copy the v60 contact list onto phone #1. They did, no problem.
>
>
>
> Now my problem. On phone #2, the phone that yet has no contact list,
> I can communicate fine with Mobile Phone Tools and set up contacts. On
> phone #1, Mobile Phone Tools sees it, but I cannot download my
> contacts from the phone to my laptop for edits. It will begin the
> download process then an error prompt comes up that reads "Reading
> mobile phone's contacts failed". I am using an OEM Motorola USB
> cable. Remember, phone #2 communicates fine with Mobile Tools.
>
>
>
> 1.) Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to correct
> it?
>
>
> 2.) Is there a way to globally erase all of the contacts on phone#1
> via the phone keypad and then retry establishing contacts with Mobile
> Tools afterwards?
>
>
>
> Thx.
>
> Jim

My v265 also failes to download contacts with MPT. I have tried
different modems - v710m works best for me, but no contacts, ever.
Check the SW version on the two phones - are they the same or different
and what is each version number?

As for erasing globally, what does Master Reset do? The manual is great;
I've mounted mine in the bathroom.

Q
March 14, 2005 4:27:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

yep, except my manual has already been used if you catch my drift.

The software version on both is V26X_1.0.16.17P

What's the code for the master reset?

"Quaoar" <quaoar@tenthplanet.net> wrote in message
news:b5mdnfg4h5c1QanfRVn-2A@comcast.com...
> Jim wrote:
>> Help!
>>
>>
>>
>> Just upgraded (that term is questionable at this time) from 2 v60's
>> to 2 v265's. I purchased the Mobile Phone Tools software and have
>> updated it to the latest version. Prior to purchasing the Mobile
>> Phone Tool software, I took one of the V265s (I refer to this as
>> phone #1 from this point forward) to the Verizon store and had them
>> copy the v60 contact list onto phone #1. They did, no problem.
>>
>>
>>
>> Now my problem. On phone #2, the phone that yet has no contact list,
>> I can communicate fine with Mobile Phone Tools and set up contacts. On
>> phone #1, Mobile Phone Tools sees it, but I cannot download my
>> contacts from the phone to my laptop for edits. It will begin the
>> download process then an error prompt comes up that reads "Reading
>> mobile phone's contacts failed". I am using an OEM Motorola USB
>> cable. Remember, phone #2 communicates fine with Mobile Tools.
>>
>>
>>
>> 1.) Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to correct
>> it?
>>
>>
>> 2.) Is there a way to globally erase all of the contacts on phone#1
>> via the phone keypad and then retry establishing contacts with Mobile
>> Tools afterwards?
>>
>>
>>
>> Thx.
>>
>> Jim
>
> My v265 also failes to download contacts with MPT. I have tried different
> modems - v710m works best for me, but no contacts, ever. Check the SW
> version on the two phones - are they the same or different and what is
> each version number?
>
> As for erasing globally, what does Master Reset do? The manual is great;
> I've mounted mine in the bathroom.
>
> Q
>
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 1:34:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Jim wrote:
> yep, except my manual has already been used if you catch my drift.
>
> The software version on both is V26X_1.0.16.17P
>
> What's the code for the master reset?
>
> "Quaoar" <quaoar@tenthplanet.net> wrote in message
> news:b5mdnfg4h5c1QanfRVn-2A@comcast.com...
>> Jim wrote:
>>> Help!
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Just upgraded (that term is questionable at this time) from 2 v60's
>>> to 2 v265's. I purchased the Mobile Phone Tools software and have
>>> updated it to the latest version. Prior to purchasing the Mobile
>>> Phone Tool software, I took one of the V265s (I refer to this as
>>> phone #1 from this point forward) to the Verizon store and had them
>>> copy the v60 contact list onto phone #1. They did, no problem.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Now my problem. On phone #2, the phone that yet has no contact
>>> list, I can communicate fine with Mobile Phone Tools and set up
>>> contacts. On phone #1, Mobile Phone Tools sees it, but I cannot
>>> download my contacts from the phone to my laptop for edits. It
>>> will begin the download process then an error prompt comes up that
>>> reads "Reading mobile phone's contacts failed". I am using an OEM
>>> Motorola USB cable. Remember, phone #2 communicates fine with
>>> Mobile Tools. 1.) Has anyone else had this problem and what did you
>>> do to correct
>>> it?
>>>
>>>
>>> 2.) Is there a way to globally erase all of the contacts on phone#1
>>> via the phone keypad and then retry establishing contacts with
>>> Mobile Tools afterwards?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Thx.
>>>
>>> Jim
>>
>> My v265 also failes to download contacts with MPT. I have tried
>> different modems - v710m works best for me, but no contacts, ever.
>> Check the SW version on the two phones - are they the same or
>> different and what is each version number?
>>
>> As for erasing globally, what does Master Reset do? The manual is
>> great; I've mounted mine in the bathroom.
>>
>> Q

Master Reset and Master Clear are both options in Tools/Initial Setup.
I haven't researched the function of either option.

My v265 is version U26X_1.0.16.14P purchased about 1/20/05. I was
reading through the v710 mods group at the Verizon forum/temporary v710
thread on www.howardforums.com , and noticed that the v710 media gallery
is made accessible with seem 041a, offset 6a bit 0 as it is with the
v265. Additionally, the v710 phonebook is made accessible with offset
75 bit 5. The second works to enable MPT to download the v265 phone
list also. I've not figured out yet what to do with the resulting csv
file, but the list is all there.

Q
!