HELP - No Double Sided Print Option

Greetings: I just updated my wife's Compaq from Win98 to XP Home
w/SP2. As soon as she tried to do a print job in Word she noticed that
the "Double Sided" print option was nowhere to be found. The printer
is a very reliable HP Deskjet 932C. I checked everywhere and even
tried to re-install the old driver without success. It would not
install.

My machine is running XP-Pro and I didn't have any trouble with
loosing the double sided print option, which is to say I didn't.

Could this be an XP-Home issue? Or What ? Any help would be much
appreciated.

Michael
2 answers Last reply
More about help double sided print option

    michael@northwestsafety.org (Michael) wrote in message news:<4d3d1563.0411072034.15a07991@posting.google.com>...
    > Greetings: I just updated my wife's Compaq from Win98 to XP Home
    > w/SP2. As soon as she tried to do a print job in Word she noticed that
    > the "Double Sided" print option was nowhere to be found. The printer
    > is a very reliable HP Deskjet 932C. I checked everywhere and even
    > tried to re-install the old driver without success. It would not
    > install.
    >
    > My machine is running XP-Pro and I didn't have any trouble with
    > loosing the double sided print option, which is to say I didn't.
    >
    > Could this be an XP-Home issue? Or What ? Any help would be much
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Michael

    11/8/04 Update to my 1st posting:

    I contacted HP and they were fast to email me back and explain that
    SP2 is the problem. They suggested that I un-install SP2 (which comes
    complete with the new Win XP Home addition so I don't know if I can
    un-install SP2 with un-installing Win XP) then un-install my HP driver
    and software completely, then re-install the SP2 - then download their
    updated driver software from their site. What a mess!! I think I'll
    live without the double sided printing for awhile. I dread having to
    un-install SP2 and so forth. So much for new and advanced technology.

    Frustrated..... Michael

    Use the software from www.fineprint.com. It's a very old and discontinued
    printer and HP decided it was uneconomical to spend a lot of $s on updating
    drivers.
    www.coribright.com

    "Michael" <michael@northwestsafety.org> wrote in message
    > Greetings: I just updated my wife's Compaq from Win98 to XP Home
    > w/SP2. As soon as she tried to do a print job in Word she noticed that
    > the "Double Sided" print option was nowhere to be found. The printer
    > is a very reliable HP Deskjet 932C. I checked everywhere and even
    > tried to re-install the old driver without success. It would not
    > install.
    >
    > My machine is running XP-Pro and I didn't have any trouble with
    > loosing the double sided print option, which is to say I didn't.
    >
    > Could this be an XP-Home issue? Or What ? Any help would be much
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Michael

Hewlett Packard Microsoft Windows XP