HELP - No Double Sided Print Option

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Greetings: I just updated my wife's Compaq from Win98 to XP Home
w/SP2. As soon as she tried to do a print job in Word she noticed that
the "Double Sided" print option was nowhere to be found. The printer
is a very reliable HP Deskjet 932C. I checked everywhere and even
tried to re-install the old driver without success. It would not
install.

My machine is running XP-Pro and I didn't have any trouble with
loosing the double sided print option, which is to say I didn't.

Could this be an XP-Home issue? Or What ? Any help would be much
appreciated.

Michael

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

michael@northwestsafety.org (Michael) wrote in message news:<4d3d1563.0411072034.15a07991@posting.google.com>...
> Greetings: I just updated my wife's Compaq from Win98 to XP Home
> w/SP2. As soon as she tried to do a print job in Word she noticed that
> the "Double Sided" print option was nowhere to be found. The printer
> is a very reliable HP Deskjet 932C. I checked everywhere and even
> tried to re-install the old driver without success. It would not
> install.
>
> My machine is running XP-Pro and I didn't have any trouble with
> loosing the double sided print option, which is to say I didn't.
>
> Could this be an XP-Home issue? Or What ? Any help would be much
> appreciated.
>
> Michael

11/8/04 Update to my 1st posting:

I contacted HP and they were fast to email me back and explain that
SP2 is the problem. They suggested that I un-install SP2 (which comes
complete with the new Win XP Home addition so I don't know if I can
un-install SP2 with un-installing Win XP) then un-install my HP driver
and software completely, then re-install the SP2 - then download their
updated driver software from their site. What a mess!! I think I'll
live without the double sided printing for awhile. I dread having to
un-install SP2 and so forth. So much for new and advanced technology.

Frustrated..... Michael

Use the software from www.fineprint.com. It's a very old and discontinued
printer and HP decided it was uneconomical to spend a lot of $s on updating
drivers.
www.coribright.com