Your question

Cursor keeps moving down

Tags:
  • Cursor
  • Windows 7
  • Games
Last response: in Windows 7
October 20, 2010 10:34:55 PM

I have a problem with my mouse cursor. In some games it keeps moving down. It suddenly began doing it. It wasn't a problem when I installed windows 7. It is primarily a problem in the games that come with Windows 7, so I've been ignoring it, but I can't play Fallout New Vegas because the cursor problem occurs in that game as well. I have a Logitech MX 620 mouse. I have tried to pull out the batteries to see if that helped, but it didn't. I tried to unplug the mouse to see if that helped, but it didn't. I tried installing Setpoint, but it didn't change anything. Does anyone know what I can do to get rid of this really annoying problem?

More about : cursor moving

October 20, 2010 10:51:54 PM

go to control panel and double click mouse. Go to POINTER OPTIONS and un-check ENHANCED POINTER PRECISION. That should help...

I hope this helps!

Brett M,
Windows Outreach Team
m
l
October 20, 2010 11:18:25 PM

I've tried that, but it doesn't help.
m
l
Related resources
a c 209 $ Windows 7
October 21, 2010 1:03:28 AM

I have two mice connected to my system because I sometimes switch hands depending on what I'm doing & one of my mice is right-handed only. Every once in a while one of the mice goes a little funky and starts moving the cursor on its own. When this occurs and I'm using the other mouse, it's really hard to figure out what the heck's going on - but a little bump of the other mouse solves the problem.
m
l
October 21, 2010 7:39:44 AM

But I only have one mouse connected.
m
l
October 21, 2010 8:12:02 AM

I tried connecting another mouse instead of my Logitech mouse, but that didn't help. When I disconnected it and connected my old mouse the cursor went all the way to the top left corner of the screen. I had to restart my computer to solve that.
I have tried to scan the computer with ad-aware, Spybot and my anti-virus program Kaspersky and none of them found any malicious software on my computer.
m
l
October 21, 2010 2:16:33 PM

I managed to fix it by removing the mouse and deleting the driver in device manager or whatever it's called in the English version of Windows. I then plugged in another mouse and had Windows install that and then I unplugged it and plugged in my Logitech mouse. Now the problem has gone away.
m
l
a c 209 $ Windows 7
October 21, 2010 4:22:30 PM

Strange to think that the driver would do something like that...

Thanks for posting the solution you found!
m
l
January 5, 2013 11:29:35 AM

I tried removing the mouse in device manager. forgot to delete the driver though, and it kept doing it. But i did go into mouse settings and I ENABLED my mouse pointer precision and it went away. no more problem ;-p
m
l
September 11, 2013 3:11:39 PM

billward said:
I have a problem with my mouse cursor. In some games it keeps moving down. It suddenly began doing it. It wasn't a problem when I installed windows 7. It is primarily a problem in the games that come with Windows 7, so I've been ignoring it, but I can't play Fallout New Vegas because the cursor problem occurs in that game as well. I have a Logitech MX 620 mouse. I have tried to pull out the batteries to see if that helped, but it didn't. I tried to unplug the mouse to see if that helped, but it didn't. I tried installing Setpoint, but it didn't change anything. Does anyone know what I can do to get rid of this really annoying problem?

m
l
September 11, 2013 3:15:29 PM

Go to computer properties right click select mange then device manger click it mouse pointer and other devices then disable extra mouse point device rather than you are using if you are facing problem with that please contact me through mail [removed]

Do not post your personal e-mail address. If you want to contact the OP privately use the PM function for that. - G
m
l
September 16, 2014 12:30:11 AM

SOLUTION !!! SOLUTION !!!! SOLUTION!!!!!

hey buddy..i had the same problem..n i was fedup ....i couldn't find the solution .....until i did what was

necessary to do .......u could go ahead with all the other solutions found online and if that hasn't worked out this is the final step u need to take ......to get rid of it

what i did:

1) u need to disable the page up and page down key from the keyboard.....(in my case the scroll would go down always so i only disabled the page down button)

2) mind u once u have disabled the particular key ;the key wount work , also u can turn the key back on manually later.....so changes not permanent

3) now u can see the tutorial from this site

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uId_uyirZU4

4) or follow this steps

1.downlad sharpkeys software (its free and direct download) version 2.1.1

2.install it .....open it (i'm assuming u know u least know that )

3.click on 'add' botton

4.a window 'll pop up, click on 'type keys'

5.press the page up or page down button or both

6.press ok

7.now click on write to registry and voila

its done....

8.just restart the damn pc and the problem should be gone .....

note :this process will disable ur page up/down button bt will also the solve ur problem....so do it at ur own risk (its the hard way bt it works)

ciao!!!
m
l
!