Which is a better Product. Fortron or Enermax?

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
What is a Better PS, High End Fortron, or The Dual Fan Enermax whisper. On the site im getting my case, the Fortron's are More expensive, but price doesn't always mean it's better...

Later, Rob

Once you go AMD, You never Go back!!

Grifter

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2002
i dont know much about fortron but some mid-range enermax's can have trouble regulating power on the 5v rail
personally i have the beasty 550 watt enermax so i cant even get close to pushing her therefore dont have any trouble !

Trying is the first step to failure

G

I personally lean towards the Enermax for reliability.

Their products seem to be of excellent quality as compared to the other PSU's.

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
That 5v rail problem was with overclocking but on the
later Emermax builds the problem has been fixed.

º :smile: º <font color=blue>You get what you pay for. :smile: All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :wink:

Cyprus

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2001
i havent had any problems with my enermax.

<font color=blue><b> cyprus </b></font color=blue>

"Never mistake motion for action. "
- Ernest Hemingway

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
I haven't had any problems with my Enermax either and
I am glad I bought it.

º :smile: º <font color=blue>You get what you pay for. :smile: All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :wink:

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
building a AMD 2000+ with the SoyoDragon+ , i was gonna go with the 350 watt Enermax...i guess 350 watt's is good right?, and i need to pick a Cpu cooler already, im going crazy on which to pick.. i have a Soyo Dragon Plus MOBO... i was gonna get the Alpha 8045... i guess this is good i hear alot about it..

Thanks, Rob

Once you go AMD, You never Go back!!

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
Yes the Enermax 350w is a good choice or go a little more and pick the 431w
to allow for future system upgrade.
The Alpha Pal 8045 is a very good hs.

:smile: <font color=blue>You get what you pay for.... All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :smile:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
ME BIG CHIEF use 250 watt generic OEM power supply with a PIII overclocked to 1225, 512MB, 4 hard drives, two CDROM drives, SCSI, floppy, ZIP, sound, OC'ed Radeon LE, NIC, 92mm Delta, 6000RPM 50mm on video, 7000RPM 60mm on CPU, Panaflow high flow in power supply, etc.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I don't know much about Fortron either, but Enermax is well-known for reliability.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You should feel the heat from this CPU! Man, those new Intel heatsinks just didn't cut it, even though it was big, the thing would get almost scalding hot, I tried it just to get the noise level down but would NOT recommend it.

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
what voltage are you having to use for that PIII?

-* <font color=red> !! S O L D !! </font color=red> *-
To the gentleman in the pink Tutu

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
1.95v. I think I could get away with 1.90v if I tried. Remember that even when Tom had problems with his 1.13GHz CPU, Steve said he got rid of his same problems by raising the voltage.

These new Coppermines have the heat spreader, just like Tualatins, and I don't know what the limits are for the paste Intel uses between the spreader and the core, but it seems to me I ought to be able to reach 1200MHz on a board that supports higher bus speeds, at around 2.05v.