Sign in with
Your question

What would a good gaming computer for the Assassins Creed series be?

Last response: in Video Games
July 27, 2012 1:12:52 PM

Hi I want to build a gaming PC primarily for the Assassins Creed Series.
So far i got this build:

Motherboard
ASUS M5A97 AMD 9 Series

CPU
AMD Phenom II x4 965BE

RAM
Crucial 4GB DDR3 (1333 Mhz)

Video Card
Nvidia Geforce GTX 560

Hard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB

Optical Drive
Lite-On Internal DVD Writer

Case
Cooler Master RC-430-KWN1 Elite 430

Power Supply
Cooler Master Elite Series 460 Watts

OS Windows Vista

This is my first build so please feel free to critique. :D 

PS. The System requirents for AC3 arent out yet but for AC Revelations its this:

Assassin’s Creed: Revelations Recommended System Requirements

Processor Intel Core®2 Duo E6700 @ 2.6 GHz or AMD Athlon64 X2 6000+ @ 3.0Ghz or better

Video Card 512 MB DirectX® 9.0 – compliant card with Shader Model 5.0 or higher (GeForce GTS 250 / Radeon HD 5670)

Memory 2 GB (XP) / 4 GB (Vista/7)

OS Windows® XP SP3 / Windows Vista® SP2 /Windows 7® SP1

HDD Space 12 GB

Additional Info Peripherals: Keyboard, mouse, joystick optional (Xbox 360® Controller for Windows recommended)
July 27, 2012 1:47:18 PM

Assasin's Creed 3 doesn't come out until later this year. I don't think specs are out yet.
July 27, 2012 2:20:11 PM

I know thats why i said that the specs are for the last game Revelations. im hoping that they wont be much higher for AC3
Related resources
July 27, 2012 2:37:13 PM

Firstly, given that the AC series is primarily a console game, and given that all past AC games on the PC have generally been poor ports, which almost force you to use an Xbox controller, why do you want to build a PC purely for that game?

As for your build;

Is there a particular reason for going with AMD? At the moment, Intel is far infront.
My advice would be to build an Intel i5 based system (or even i3 if your budget demands).

Also, seeing as your primarily getting this system for AC3, then Id wait until a little later on in August as Nvidia will release their GTX 660, which is slated to outperform a 580, so itd be a worthy buy.
July 27, 2012 2:57:17 PM

Gallarian if he buys a core i3 he won't have an upgrade path in the future which is at least to me a very important thing and kind of a deal breaker.Not to mention that when overclocked the Phenom outperforms the i3 in almost all games.

Thats a pretty good PC for Assassins Creed but there are some things you should change.

The first thing being the motherboard.You can get the EVO version of the ASUS M5A97 which is vastly superior to the normal one for no extra money (after rebate).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The Cooler Master Elite series power supplies are just terrible power supplies.
This power supply below is just a lot better than the CM one.Its cheap too.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
July 27, 2012 6:02:41 PM

get an xbox and game fly and play all the AC games. Building a PC for a particular series is a waste of money

if you want to build a gaming PC on the other hand move sections and do it right
July 28, 2012 12:31:29 AM

thats a perfectly adequate build to run it on high settings. it will run other games well 2
July 28, 2012 9:49:57 AM

Kamen_BG said:
Gallarian if he buys a core i3 he won't have an upgrade path in the future which is at least to me a very important thing and kind of a deal breaker.Not to mention that when overclocked the Phenom outperforms the i3 in almost all games.

How will he not have an upgrade path? A second or third gen i3 still uses the 1155 socket an is compatible with latest motherboards. He could just upgrade to an i5 or i7 later down the line.

Seeing as this is his first build, and there is no mention of a third party cooler, then overclocking does not seem likely anyway.
July 30, 2012 10:54:55 PM

That build will be great for AC, and most games for that matter.

Like Gallarian said, Assassins's Creed is still running on consoles, and your PC is much more powerful than them, so you should be good. :D 
!