I have Aopen Modem. I have 2 different phone numbers on the same line. The
second number has a differnt ring. I would like to set up my modem to respond
to the second phone number only. I believe this feature is called.
"distinctive ring".

I do NOT find any way of setting this with the modem.

I was able to setup correctly in Windows ME - using the SAME modem.

Would appreciate all the help.

Thanks

Unlike Windows ME, Windows XP does not support Distinctive Ring:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272943
Distinctive Ring Is Not Supported by Windows 2000 Fax

These third party hardware devices can provide a work-around:

http://www.youcansave.com/switchboard.html
Emerson Switchboard
http://www.command-comm.com/products.html
ComSwitch®

Here are two commercial Fax packages that have their own Distinctive Ring
support, overcoming the Windows XP TAPI service limitation:

http://www.faxtalk.com/
FaxTalk Messenger Pro
www.pigeonline.com
Pigeon Mail n Fax