HELP!!!!!! 1st time oc'ing Duron 800, won't work

G

I have read a lot about overclockign and have never done it before. I just tried last night with my duron 800, k7s5a, NoiseControl Silverado w/ Arctic Silver II. The board only lets you adjust FSB at 100 or 133. I figured that if I put it at 133*8.0 that would be 1064 and that would be reasonable with the Silverado. However, I didn't close the L7 bridges. I just set it at 133 FSB at default voltage and now when I turn on, nothign shows up on my monitor. Did I destroy my CPU from doing that? Then I took it out and I was wiping the Arctic SIlver II off and it smeared all over the L1, L3, L4 bridges. I tried to clean it off as good as I can with alcohol. I then closed the L7 bridges then put it back then. Still, nothing shows up. Could that have hurt my CPU? I have now reset the CMOS memory and erased my pencil marks on the L7 bridges and washed the Artic Silver off my CPU with dish soap and am waiting for it to dry. Did I screw it up and I have to get it new one now??? Anything I can try? Thanks a lot.

-Victor Hsieh<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by vic1052 on 02/09/02 02:13 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The board only lets you adjust FSB at 100 or 133. I figured that if I put it at 133*8.0 that would be 1064 and that would be reasonable with the Silverado.
Your Duron runs officially at 100MHz FSB. If you want it at 133MHz, you have to lower its multiplier, but it does not guarantee successful (if I remember correctly, your mobo doesn't have an option to adjust multiplier).
However, I didn't close the L7 bridges.
For multiplier, you need to close <b><font color=red>L1 bridges</b></font color=red>, <b>L7</b> is for controlling core voltage.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.