Black Ops 2 system requirements released

DarkLord1984

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2012
Hi all,

To those who are interested, Black Ops 2 system requirements were released today on the official Facebook page -

- Intel CPU: Celeron E1200 Dual-Core 1.6GHzor
- AMD CPU: Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 3600+
- Nvidia GPU: GeForce GT 120
- AMD GPU: Radeon HD 4550
- Ram: 2GB
- Direct X: DX9
- HDD Space: 10GB

Solution
if there the real minimum specs then almost any 1 with a core 2 duo and 88gt will be able to max it out for 60 fps so yeah DL you will max it and then some..
looks like its gonna be another 0% increase in game quality...
shame really coz the cod 4 engine would benefit from tessellation hbao and ssao broken dof and greater over all LOD.
if there the real minimum specs then almost any 1 with a core 2 duo and 88gt will be able to max it out for 60 fps so yeah DL you will max it and then some..
looks like its gonna be another 0% increase in game quality...
shame really coz the cod 4 engine would benefit from tessellation hbao and ssao broken dof and greater over all LOD.

Solution

DarkLord1984

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2012
Thanks Hexit, good to know. I'm pretty sure those are the official specs as they were put on their official Facebook page by the people than run it.

I guess it probably won't be hugely different from Black Ops 1 in terms of the game engine etc but from what I hear the campaign at least sounds very impressively written in terms of storyline.

My monitor runs at 1680x1050 so if I can get 60fps without having to splash out on a new graphics card that'd be great at least as far as I am concerned.... lol. However I'm guessing MW4 or whatever Infinity Ward does next with the series will be a big jump in terms of game design.

pretty much always been a fan of the campaigns in the cod games apart from cod 3 and waw. no doubt this will have good pace. just as long as they dont go mw2 and try to wow us on every level. cod 4 had it perfect every 2-3 levels you would get a wow moment and ti made the story so much better. but in mw2 they tried to out wow each wow moment every level and it just got silly. it seriously sucks that soap is dead so i dunno who they are gonna replace him with. price is to old and frail so unless he has a son or grandson. theres gonna be little in the way of tie in.
for me at least.
i love the fact price is in all of em so there is a chance he will show up in 1 guise or another. i just hope its not a hologram or a ai robot...

DarkLord1984

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2012
I wonder if they'll do something in the way of a game based solely on the history of Captain Price? I'm not sure where they'd go with MW4 seeing as Soap is dead and WW3 is now over. So perhaps something along those lines. I'd enjoy a game about Captain Price, that's for sure. He's my favourite character by far.

I'm looking at upgrading to a EVGA GeForce GTX670 so that should eat Black Ops 2 for breakfast >:)

FrenchMusketeer

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
My System Specs is :

Processor : AMD A8-3820 APU With Radeon HD Graphics 2.5GHz

Graphic Card : AMD Radeon HD6470M 1024MB DDR3

RAM : 8GM Of RAM

Direct X 11

HDD : 1TB

Can I Run Black Ops 2 at least on Medium Settings ??