Hi Guys,

Our network uses Sonicwall SOHO3.
I have the firmware 6.4.2.0.
I want to know the latest firmware version? and its stability?
we are having problems with her network, I ran norton and it found the file
svchost.exe corrupted and the worm w32.welchia.B.worm.
This worm eats all the current connections and makes the cache full.
I hope upgrading it to a new firmware will take care of such worms.

Sid.

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 18:01:32 GMT, CoolHandSid spoketh

>Hi Guys,
>
>Our network uses Sonicwall SOHO3.
>I have the firmware 6.4.2.0.
>I want to know the latest firmware version? and its stability?
>we are having problems with her network, I ran norton and it found the file
>svchost.exe corrupted and the worm w32.welchia.B.worm.
>This worm eats all the current connections and makes the cache full.
>I hope upgrading it to a new firmware will take care of such worms.
>
>Sid.

Anti-virus software takes care of worms, not firewalls. Clean out the
infected computer(s), and install anti-virus software.

Lars M. Hansen
www.hansenonline.net

CoolHandSid wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Our network uses Sonicwall SOHO3.
> I have the firmware 6.4.2.0.
> I want to know the latest firmware version? and its stability?
> we are having problems with her network, I ran norton and it found the file
> svchost.exe corrupted and the worm w32.welchia.B.worm.
> This worm eats all the current connections and makes the cache full.
> I hope upgrading it to a new firmware will take care of such worms.

The newest Firmware is 6.6.0.2 but it's unstable.
The last stable Version is 6.5.0.4.

Andreas

> The newest Firmware is 6.6.0.2 but it's unstable.
> The last stable Version is 6.5.0.4.

6.6.0.2. is horrible. Simple things like traceroute do not even work
there. At least RSTP finally works which did not on 6.5.0.4.